Week 1 recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Week 1 recruiting

We are in week 1, we have 5 bonus recruits added:
    1.#1 HB M Britton-lsu, bama, fsu
    2.#3 WR J Hall(juco)-lsu, nd, tenn, bama
    3.#11 OLB J Wall- 0 users
    4.#11 TE- J Haynes-nd, tenn, louisville
    5.#29 CB- F Wilson- tenn, fsu, nd, bama

Get it in boys. Message me here or on live if you are the last one done and we will advance early. We will advance tomorrow evening around 7pm pacific.

2. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

I didn't see this anywhere but I am going to assume we are not allowed to use promises in the off-season right?

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I have never understood that, didn't know we weren't supposed to if that is the case, and already made a few.

4. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

I am unsure that is why I am asking before I do my week 1 recruiting. I seen in another OFFL league they said you can't use promises, but didn't see anything for or against it for this OFFL league. Just wanna get clarification if we can or can't use them.

5. Juggernautblitz

For anyone wondering about ND's highly ranked recruiting class it wasn't as good as it looks. One of the three 5 stars is a kicker, with another 2 star kicker signed for good measure, 3 strong safeties and a punter in there as well.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I took over LSU and they already have two five stars. Both are garbage and play at positions I dont need to fill. Shitty thing is I need a SS and there is a stud who is soft committed, but hes a five star so I cant get him.

7. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Ok I got a message from cole saying we can't use promises. So now I know I'm the new guy on the block (not trying to stir anything up trust me) but how do we work out if some other players did use promises in week 1? Does that not give them an unfair advantage in recruiting?

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Oh shit. I didnt mean to say no promises. I was watching wubbzy with my buddys two year old for two hours and probably hadnt shaken it yet.
    I dont use promises since its broken and you'll get broken promises that you actually didnt break.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My recruiting class is crap, but maybe I can fix it a little bit. As I have said before, I am very thankful that UNC had top 10 classes in real life in 2007 and 2008. I have tons of talent on my roster from Butch Davis classes.

10. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

oh... lol ok well i didn't use any promises in week 1 so no worries about that. So we can use them if we want too though.

As for FSU recruiting: The recruiting class I inherited looks pretty good. Got a celebrity 5 star LB coming in (#3 overall recruit) and some decent 4 star talent to bolster up the defense. We are targeting a celebrity recruit in the off-season as well and another 5 star recruit since we are able to grab one since our only 5 star recruit is the celebrity LB and he is a bonus. All in all we can hopefully pick up 5 more people in the off-season to max our roster out at 70.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont know if LSU had a lot of seniors or what but I have 24 spots to fill.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah the thing with not giving promises week 1 is that now you can get more of a jump in week 2. For anyone with a 5 star left there is a stud SS soft committed to LSU that I have to drop off my board eventhough I need two SS's.

13. Juggernautblitz

Where did the new bonus recruits come from as in how were they chosen?

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We followed the E League. So the first and fourth 5 star added and then the first four star at 100, 200, and 250.

15. Juggernautblitz

Wow, sorry I asked.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

UNC landed its first and only 5 star recruit of the season in week 2.

Ayo Peterson
    Strong Safety (#2 SS, #12 overall)
    Oakland Park FL
    + Good tackling skills and pursuit (asset in run game and special teams)
    + Good coverage skills (solid in both man and zone coverages)
    - Lacks top notch speed (4.56 40-yard dash)
    - Poor play recognition and low awareness

The lack of play recognition and awareness means he will be limited to bench duties and special teams in year 1. He may even redshirt this year based on the team's depth in secondary.

Safety seems to be the one position my team improved this offseason. Two free safeties and two strong safeties are in this class. All four are graded as 4-star or above.

Note: One 4-star strong safety is a soft commit, but he is visiting week 2 and expected to sign at that time. No team is actively pursuing him at this time.

17. Juggernautblitz

Notre Dame has four 3 star FS's in their sights, needing 1 to complete our class. The CPU signed 3 SS's for ND and had a couple more they were talking to but 0 FS's and that is a need. Go figure.

18. Juggernautblitz

A strange thing happened just a minute ago. I downloaded the dynasty, was checkmarked for advance from last night, said I had 6 hours and 40 minutes left of recruiting time, which is what I had last night, but when I went in and looked at my board to double check it had the guys on there from before I recruited and saved last night. My 4 FS's were not on there but it did register the time I spent recruiting and had me marked ready for advance. Very strange and glad I caught it. I re-did my board with my 4 FS's and pitched them again, hopefully it registers when we advance.