Week 1: Redskins 34 Rams 26

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, May 6, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Week 1: Redskins 34 Rams 26

Last game of Week 1 is done. Details to come by Jeremy

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

GG Bluebean.

Rams opened up the game with a great drive, capped by an amazing Stephen Jackson 47-yd TD run where he just smashed through all 3 levels of the Skins defense.

The Skins took their first possession into Rams territory but had settle for the FG as the Rams D stepped up.

1st Qtr
    Rams-7
    Skins-3

Early in the 2nd, new aquired Redskins FA Brian Westbrook took a counter off the left side and weaved his way 79yards for the score. The Redskins added to the scoreboard when QB Jason Campbell hit FB Quinn Johnson on a 2yd PA pass.
    The Rams added two long Josh Browns FGs including a 53 yarder as time ran to zero on the 2nd half.

HALF
    Rams-13
    Skins-17

Skins recieved the ball first in the 2nd half but the Rams defense quickly forced a turnover. The Rams made quick work and Stephen Jackson reached paydirt for the 2nd time on an 11-yd scamper.
    The 3rd qtr. scoring was capped when Skins RB James Davis took a pitch right 8yds for the score.

3rd qtr
    Rams-20
    Skins-24

The Redskins struck quickly in the 4th when Campbell off of a PA fake hit speedy WR Santana Moss down the left sideline for the 63yd bomb.
    The Rams wouldnt go quietly as they quickly marched down the field and put up 6 when Cassell hit Donnie Avery on a beautiful 29-yd pass.
    Coach Bluebean was forced to go for 2 and the Skins defense held strong and denied the conversion.
    The Redskins made a call and went to their 4 minute offense and drained the clock down to 1:42 when K Billy Cundiff stretched the lead to 8 with a 44 yd FG.
    The Rams tried to move the ball down the field for the tie but the clock was their enemy and time ran out.

FINAL

REDSKINS-34
    RAMS-26

Great game bluebean, After your opening drive I figured I was in for a long day but my defense came around and it ended up being a fun game.

Good Luck rest of year.

3. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Good Game Jeremy. I thought for sure I'd win the game if I could rush for over 100 yards and win the turnover battle 2-0. My defense just didn't get any stops to cause a single punt. I like this Rams team though, going to be a fun season anyway.