Week 1 Results

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Texboogie, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Texboogie

Texboogie Guest

Week 1 Results

#23 West Virginia "Mountaineers"

Alabama "Crimson Tide"

Let me first start by saying I had to restart my game Sunday because of some family things Id rather not get into. Secondly there wasnt a single play made. I hit start and exited the game before I choose the kickoff. I left for a couple of hours, and then came back and started the game again. Anyone who knows me, knows Im no quiter or cheater. I just wanted to let you know why it says that the game was started twice online. (By the way I love that feature about this game)

#23 West Virginia 59 - 28 #6 Alabama

Key Players

***Player of the Game***
    QB - Jarrett Brown
    19-28, 314 Yards, 3 TD's, 1 Int
    10 Car. 31 Yards 2 TD's
    345 Total Yards - 5 Total TD's

RB - N. Devine
    13 Car. - 96 Yards, 2 TD's
    5 Rec. 48 Yards, 1 TD
    3 Total TD's

WR - J Sanders

9 Rec. - 183 Yards, 2 TD's

J Miller - 6 Tak. - 2 Sacks
    A. Leonard - 2 Ints, 1 TD

1st Quarter
    Alabama moved the ball with ease their first two drives. Using both the ground game and passing game to get it done. West Virginia didnt have a very strong first quater at all. They only had 7 points on the board, and Alabama was looking like the #6 Team in the Nation.

2nd Quarter
    West Virgina proved the be an offensive power house and let some of the burners out of the gate. Displaying his speed WV wider receiver J. Sanders scored on two passes from QB J. Brown. Bama's only score came on a 60yrd BOMB to WR. M. Maze. This is the quarter West Virginia put up the majority of its 441 yard of Total Offense for the game. They ended the 2nd quarter with a couple great catches and a 39yrd FG with no time left.

3rd Quarter

Bama had no offense left. West Virgina Shut them out in the quarter. Wester Virgina only scrored once as the Tide slowed down the Moutaineer offense.

4th Quater

Wester Viginia Turns up the heat. They were able to blitz the QB a couple of times, and make him throw 2 picks to ILB. A. Leonard. One he took back for 6. This marked the end of the game as Virginia was able to just walk the ball up the field with ease scoring with only 7 seconds left. Didnt need any timeouts or hurry up offense.

2. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

May 3, 2009
    Iowa Slaughters Northern Iowa 55-3!

With a combination of running and passing, the Hawkeyes prove why the could be the best team in the nation.
    The game started off with a big kick return and it got worse from there. No big game recap because the write-up was lost. ;)
  3. Sixthdis108

Sixthdis108 Walk On

Jul 17, 2009
    Pitt 77, FCS East 0.
    Pitt Returned the first kick for a TD and does not look back. The First play for FCS Rhinos was a fumble returned for a TD. 21 seconds in and Pitt was up 14-0 unable to experiment with much passing Bostick the starter was 7 of 8 for 199 yards and 2 TDs before bringing in Bill Stull the back up in the second half. Freshman Justin Douglas carried the ball 11 times for 76 yards and 2 TDs.

At the half Pitt was up 49-0 and the reserves were brought in to run the clock.

The second half was still much of the same a pick six, and long drive made it 63-0 with 4 and a half minutes to go in the game. A pick on the 35 led to a two minute drive while running down the clock getting the score to 70-0 after forcing a punt Burns breaks a 44 yard run to make the score a depressing 77-0. This is how the game would end.

Boring as it was it gave much confidence to the Panthers Defense which gave up 76 yards of total offense. Pitt hopes to see what they can do against a real team next week in Buffalo.
  4. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Jun 30, 2009
    #12 Oregon 35 #14 Boise State 0

A cold wet afternoon in Boise didn't turn out well for the home team. Each team threw 3 interceptions, but the Ducks were the only team able to capitalize.

LeGarrette Blount opened the score with a seven yard run from the Wild Duck formation. He would finish the game 139 yards and two scores.

Jeremiah Masoli brushed off the 3 interceptions to throw for over 200 yards and 3 TDs. He also ran the option very efficiently, finishing with 56 yards on the ground.

Boise State was held to only 105 yards of total offense; completing only 8 passes.

Oregon will play host to Purdue next week.
  5. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

Jul 17, 2009
    Illin 41 mizzou 20

The Illinois Fighting Illini start off the season strong with a convincing win in the Arch Rivalry against Mizzou with a 41-20 win. All American Arrelious Benn had a solid performance with 3 catches for 59 yds (i believe) and a 101 yard kick off return while the freshman running back Green had 2 rushing Touchdowns to go with his 67 yds rushing (was injured in game but should be good for next week)! On the defensive side of the ball our DE Brown returned a pick for a touchdown! Next week will be against an FCS team which should be a cakewalk and a good chance for the Illini to get their game good and ready for the big match up against Ohio State!
  6. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Jul 26, 2009

Coach Bret Bielema (hereafter referred to as Coach Bulimia) was found passed out drunk minutes before the game so Barry Alvarez volunteered to coach the season opener. Things started out rough, as RB John Clay lost a fumble on the opening drive. Luckily for the Badgers, the Huskies proved to be equally inept. QB Ryan Morris opened his season on a sour note, throwing an interception which was returned by the defense for a Badger touchdown. In all, Morris threw 3 interceptions, 2 of which where returned for scores. Aside from the fumble on the opening drive, the Badger offense was surprisingly effective for the entire game. QB Scherer threw for close to 300 yards, while the backfield tandem of John Clay and Zach Brown ran for approximately 200 yards.

Around the start of the 4th quarter, Coach Bulimia awoke from his drunken slumber and staggered out onto the field. When he looked at the scoreboard, he proclaimed the Badgers to be the best damn team in the land. When informed Wisconsin was playing a lowly team from the MAC, he quickly changed his proclaimation to being the best damn college team in Wisconsin.

In other news, the Badgers signed the #5 WR prospect in the country.
  7. txshrns

txshrns Guest

South Florida - 56
    Southeast - 0

The Bulls of South Florida bucked Southeast in Tampa today. This was never a contest. USF had there way both on the ground and through the air. Grothe was 7-11 passing for 192 yds and 3tds. He sat the entire second half. M. Ford gained 79 yds on 17 rushes. The second team did not let up. They played the second half adding to the 512 yds of total offense.
  8. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009

Preseason All American Best leads Bears to victory over Terps

Cal 27 Maryland 10

This game went back and forth. Cal took an early 3-0 on a 33 yard field goal. The Terps came right back and took a 7-3 lead with a 12 yard TD pass from Turner to Smith.

In the second quarter Cal answered with another field goal. This time from 30 yards out. Just before half time Maryland kicked a field goal of its own to take a 10-6 halftime lead.

The second half was all Golden Bears. Runing back Brian Holly, Wide receiver Nyan Boateng and Running back Javid Best all crossed the goal line for three unanswered scores.

Best finished the afternoon with 148 yards on 21 carries. Quarterback Kevin Riley threw for 205 yards on 12 of 20 passing for the Bears. Nyan Boateng lead the Bears in receiving with 82 yards on 3 catches.

On defense the Bears were lead by their defensive line. They combine for 5 sacks.

Next week Californina will host FCS West in a tune up for their trip to Minnasota.​
  9. Darlon

Darlon Guest

Just letting everyone know, I played and won vs SDSU but when I quit the game, the servers were apparently unavailable. I kept trying to retry to connect for like 20 minutes but it didn't work. I already let Tex know and now I'm letting the rest of you know.
  10. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Mar 1, 2009
    That has happened to me a few times recently.
  11. Darlon

Darlon Guest

SDSU - 35
    UCLA - 38

My first game had lots of stuff to make a great summary with including replays and pictures but that was the game that didn't save due to that server BS. I went from a fun, great season opener to fighting for a game I already won once in a ridiculous shootout with robo QB. Not fun at all. I assure you guys that I put a lot of effort in my writeups, especially when the other members in my leagues do the same. But I was way to discouraged from that first game not saving that all I wanted to do was get this week overwith and move on. Hopefully, I'll be in a better mood next time and the servers don't screw me over again.
  12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apr 19, 2009
    when this happens..

unplug and plug back in the ethernet cord...

sign back in, etc...and everything should go as planned
  13. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Jul 26, 2009

Thanks for the heads up