Week #1 (S2): Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Sep 17, 2009.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Week #1 (S2): Game of the Week

IMBOSSY's Week #1 (S2) Game of the Week Thread

[​IMG]

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Alright Folks. This one is a huge game. FSU won the ACC last season, defeating BCS Championship bound undefeated Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship, and then going on to beat big 10 champ Penn State. Texas won the national championship last season, rolling through their schedule until they faced an upset minded Georgia team that came up just short of upsetting the long horns.

There's a lot on the line in this game. This Texas team takes a dramatic shift from a strong armed, accurate QB in C.McCoy, to a FAST WR convert (former QB as well) in John Chiles. He'll be backed up by Sharrod Harris who is very close to John Chiles. Texas's Defense is VERY VERY good. While they lost their impact DE and stand out MLB from last season, they got Earl Thomas(FS killer) back, and most everyone else.

Both teams will employ a 4-2-5 defense. This does a number of things. It covers the side to side plays very well, and allows a lot of pressure to be put on the QB from Safety's biltzing. However, it can be beat through the seams by TE's and Deep by fast WRs. You can also run right at the SS's on each side with an option attack.

FSU has FAST RBs and a powerful OL and a quick QB. The coaches have faced each other over a hundred times though the many years of battling in Off Line Dynasty in college.

Here's how it'll go down. Texas is going to run run run, and throw deep when FSU plays up to far. FSU is going to run a lot of zone rushing trying to get his RBs out in space on the edge against CB's and FS/SS, from there he'll use their speed to get big plays.

I expect this to be very close. Lot of trash talked back and forth (Off the forums!!! Don't want anyone to get upset!). When Coach IMBOSSY was asked what he thought about the game, said:
    [YOUTUBE]Z1TxiVhrkZA[/YOUTUBE]​

Coach AAthletics is quoted as saying:
    [YOUTUBE]JIn17ufE7ZM[/YOUTUBE]​

I expect Coach AAthletics to have a post game like this:
    [YOUTUBE]cDAq5tyfk9E[/YOUTUBE]​

Texas 35
    FSU 24

3. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

LMAO...this first one is still my favorite. Mr T is hilarious to me

4. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Haha I love the preview. Those FSU chicks look a tad better in the pic, but i'm gonna give the nod on the field in this one to Texas.

5. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

The FSU Girls def. have the edge on this one.. Texas prolly has the edge in the game..

Are you guys gunna get this game in today?? I was hopin to advance yesterday when I got back.. but we do need to advance today!

6. DLock119

DLock119 Guest

Jenn Sterger, one of the girls in the photo posed for Playboy google it.

7. DLock119

DLock119 Guest

also their website cowgirlnation.com

8. Joe_THEDREAM

were playing tonight @ 7 eastern.

9. DLock119

DLock119 Guest

BOUT Time I'm ready to play my first game haha...

10. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

:
    :runpuppy:

11. Joe_THEDREAM

Well congrats to FSU. He played a good game. Not being able to run commit really screws you against option teams. I really feel that rule is bogus and makes the triple option pretty close to unstoppable. The game doesn't properly depict wear and tear on a QB that getting big hit after big hit. He can just run it all day w/o run commits. Too many rules make the game play unreasonable as well imo.

Either way it was a great game till late. He's going to be tough to stop this season.

12. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

+1

there is no way your gonna stop running the option witout it..I agree

13. Joe_THEDREAM

[YOUTUBE]Qwq7BYOnDrM[/YOUTUBE]​

14. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

damn, I started to write my prediction and then saw the photos...now, I forgot was I was doing...damn, I love football!

Go Bossy...and Texas! Texas for the win!