Week 1, S2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Oshiomogho, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I'll kick off the new season!!

Marshall's new season opens up with a good win over Miami OH! The score shows 35-25 but its misleading. After getting up 28-10 I experimented on offense in the 3rd quarter with my other 2 QBs and it was complete fail! The Starter AJ graham wasnt bad, going for 224 yards and 2 scores but threw 2 INTs and after his poor season last year, I wanted to test my options while I could. I redshirted Eddie Sullivan last year and in his first game back, he looked awful. Just threw 5 passes on the day, the first was way overthrown, his next 2 were intercepted. he came back with a big completion before getting a 3rd pass picked off and getting pulled. True Freshman Brandon Strong came in and was not accurate at all and was pulled quickly, putting Graham back in the game.

The experimenting at HB and turnovers costed Tron Martinez a big day on the ground. In just 15 carries, he ran for 64 yards with 2 scores. The star of the game was JUCO transfer WR David Walker who hauled in 2 passes for 56 yards, both reachign the endzone. He had one big drop that could have been a 3rd TD but still looked very impressive going up and making plays on the football in the air.

The defense shocked me. This season, wit my personal on the field, I was able to covert to a 3-4. The D line starters totalled 5 sacks on the day and the secondary hauled in 5 interceptions including Joe Johnson taking one back to the house in the 3rd quarter. Johnson looked like an all star out there today constantly going after the ball.

Im excited for the new season and see a lot of potential after a poor year last season.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UCF 48
    ULM 17

UCF came out slow and only led 24-17 at halftime. But going into the 2nd half, UCF just rolled behind Heisman hopeful (yes a defensive player) Josh Robinson, who is a special CB. Robinson had not 2, not 3, but 4 interceptions in the game and he took 2 of them to the house. Godfrey was solid completing 12-19 and tossing 2 TD passes. Latavious Murray started where he left off last season and ran for over 100 yards on only 10 carries, and Storm Johnson, the transfer from Miami dazzled in his debut accounting for 114 total yards and a score. UCF faces a huge test vs. Penn State next week. Yeah you heard me, Robinson for Heisman and defensive POY!

Jeff Godfrey (QB)- 12-19 for 201 yards, 2 TD
    Latavious Murray (HB)- 10 carries for 103 yards, TD
    Storm Johnson (HB)- 13 carries for 67 yards, TD, 2 receptions for 47 yards
    Quincy McDuffie (WR)- 5 receptions for 85 yards, TD
    Joshua Reese (WR)- 2 receptions for 41 yards, TD
    Ray Cottman (OLB)- 10 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks
    Loren Robinson (MLB)- 9 tackles, 4 TFL
    Josh Robinson (CB)- 3 tackles, TFL, 4 INT