Week 1: Schaub Leads Browns to Victory Over His Former Team

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LtJustice, Apr 11, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New Cleveland Browns quarterback Matt Schaub led his new team to victory over the team he spent the last 5 seasons with, the Houston Texans. Schaub had a decent game, throwing two touchdown passes, but seemed to struggle with the vertical aspects of the Browns new offensive style.

The new look Browns defense forced 4 turnovers on the day, and held Texans All Pro receiver Andre Johnson to just one catch. Johnson's sole reception was on the Texans first offensive play and he turned it into a 48 yard touchdown after spinning away from Browns cornerback Chris Gamble. After that touchdown, the Browns defense put their focus on containing Johnson, and batted down multiple passes intended for him throughout the game.

New Browns kicker Justin Tucker came up short on his first field goal attempt as a member of the team, from 54 yards out, but connected on a pair of 56-yarders in the 2nd and 3rd quarters respectively.

The Browns will host the rival Steelers next week, before traveling to Baltimore to take on coach Phenom and his Ravens in week 3.

-------------------------------------------

GG Lamar! (lboogie)

• Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thx for the highlights. Man those uni's make my eyes burn. Oh, and nice tribute to the musicians between qtrs. LOL

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Man, I love that uni combo, lol! And that was the first time I had ever heard the bit about the Rock Hall too.