Week 1 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Week 1 Scores

Post them here with a brief recap, or link to your story on dynasty wire.

2. hoosierjoe

hoosierjoe Walk On

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
  4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Prob should move this to summaries section.

5. Tiger_Stripes86

Tiger_Stripes86 Walk On

hmmm the placement of this in general is pretty confusing...

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

8. EUBlink

EUBlink Walk On

Link.

9. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

10. EUBlink

EUBlink Walk On

In regards to my excessive score, it won't happen again. And yes, the final field goal was beyond words in terms of sportsmanship (or lack thereof). My kicker had missed two previous attempts, and I wanted that to end on a good note.

However, that is not an excuse of any worth. I mean it when I say I won't allow this to happen again.

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Wow, come on man you had to know better.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

It was a little crazy, but I have seen my Hogs get beat by USC 70+ to about 17. It does happen. And that was a middle of the road SEC team against the #1 team in the country. Bama is #1 against, who UAB. It would be hard to not score on them. But for this league maybe a little excessive.

13. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

I don't think it is the total amount of points that he scored that people will have a problem with especially with the team he was playing against. The bigger issue comes from the fact that he kicked a field goal with no time remaining in the blowout even with the rules being posted about running up the score/padding stats. What's done is done, and I believe that he won't do it again. I just think it is good to be reminded of the rules so that we don't have an issue like this in any user vs user games. This seems like it will be a really good dynasty and a little mistake like that doesn't need to ruin it as long as it doesn't become a habit.

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We lost. Sorry no recap. Not that I didnt want to, but we've filed a protest with the NCAA. :)

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's a good point. I didn't know about the FG with no time on the clock. That is rediculous. We have 12 people in this league and we already have two that seem to not have read the rules. Hope this doesn't continue. :(

16. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

We're on the same page about my field goal though, right?

17. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Story posted, not sure which URL to use to link it.

18. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with yours. I was only one score down with about 30 seconds left and not enough time on the play clock to run out the game. If you don't kick it and I get the ball back, I can tie the game in one play. Nothing else you could have done in my opinion.

19. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Miami 27- Georgia 16

The game was not as close as the score might have showed thru out the game. Georgia got more than a few breaks and could not capitalized. Miami D frustrated the bulldogs all game, and the Miami offense was very consistent and well coach. Good game.... Now On to the next one Week 1 is dead to me

20. EUBlink

EUBlink Walk On

Not once have I said I was in the right here. The field goal with seconds remaining was unsportsmanlike and unacceptable. I have agreed and we have established that. None of my starters played in the second half, at all. Every score (save for the field goal!) was basically given to me, to the point where I would've had to run out of bounds just to not score. In the fourth quarter, I [understandably] hardly passed. I wanted to get some stats on my back-ups. This isn't what we would call padding stats, I wouldn't think. These guys don't have anything to pad stats for.

All in all, week one is over. I made a stupid move with seconds on the clock, and I am sorry for that. I just hope we can look forward from here, because I know that I am. I think all of the guys we have in this league are dedicated and involved, and I want to stay a part of that. And for that reason alone, and on top of others, you can rest assured we won't be on this topic again.

Oh, and I figured we'd go ahead and tie all of this into the league...

LINK.

21. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

The situation is over.... we're moving on too week 2. You've maned up to your mistake and I trust there is nothing to worry about going forward.