Week 1 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 22, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 1 - Season 1

I just advanced to Week 1...good luck on the season everyone!

I will advance to Week 2 Sunday. Most likely in the morning. I may advance early as well if everyone is done before then.

Riptides said he will be able to log into Live on Friday...so as soon as he is done with his game I will advance.

Please try and get your game recaps in...please...it's not that hard...save some videos too
    For some reason, there was an "error" so I couldn't save any last night
    RageRoolz and Parrothead...if you guys could try and get your games in tonight that would be cool!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    USER TEAM OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan @ Arizona L 27-17
    MYCANE Houston FCS West W 63-10
    Newb Slice Buffalo @ UTEP W 30-3
    castortroy4206 ECU FCS East W 62-10
    NatiSaint UCF FCS Southeast W 55-21
    Kid Robotz Southern Miss FCS Southeast W 48-10
    RageRoolz Bowling Green Troy L 35-28
    SKOALMAN504 Tulsa @ Tulane L 35-28
    MG24000 SMU FCS Midwest W 42-6
    Riptides Ball State North Texas W 62-13
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois @ Wisconsin L 14-6
    morsdraconis Akron @ Penn State L 21-14

MAC Players Of The Week:
    Defense - CB Dane Cook (Jr) from Ball State - 5 tackles (TFL), 3 INT
    Offense - HB Miquale Lewis (Sr) from Ball State - 23 carries for 216 yards, 3 TDs

C-USA Players Of The Week:
    Defense - DT Isaiah Thompson (Jr) from Houston - 3 tackles (2 TFL), 2 sacks, FF, FR
    Offense - WR Deandre Brown (So) from Southern Miss - 10 receptions for 334 yards, 4 TDs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck to parrothead and mors...you guys have some tough opponents
    Also, good luck to FCS Southeast LOL as they play two games in the same week haha.

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Could have used some of that luck. It's going to be a long season if my team is going to play like this all year... lol

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I lost...was down 7 and apparently Arizona wanted to rub it in my face so they added on a field goal as time expired...

I'd say the pass rush is okay considering I got sacked over 10 times..

I was down 3 at the beginning of the 4th quarter when my star player fumbled the punt and it was returned for a TD..

FG accuracy probably needs to be turned up...I missed two field goals from about 30 yards...my kicker is 80 overall

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Tough break. I use Arizona in a dynasty I run with a couple of buddies in Ohio and they're not bad at all. I use Scott instead of Foles though. The RB's are quick as shit. Robert Golden is a wrecking crew. At least on my team anyway.

I'll have my game done after work.

5. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Today after class (about noon) I will get my game in and also finish putting my players that I am scouting (recruiting) on my thread. Had a busy day last night... Wrestling training had me beat up.... 2 matches in the same day saturday... no time to recover before going right back to training and taking a 24 tackles to the right drill.... back and elbow is KILLING me.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

BTW I'll have mine done tonight but my time for the rest of the weekend will be pretty limited. When are we advancing again? I just would like an idea so I can see where I can squeeze an hour + in.

7. MG24000

MG24000 Guest

Hey, sorry about the pre-season stuff. I had been busy and it was my cousin using my gamertag.

But, I managed to play my first game last night. Beat FCS Midwest easily by a score of 42-6. Can't really give any feedback about sliders when playing one of those teams.

8. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Was in 1st QTR and the game shut off with red rings... Damnit - Hopefully it was just a fluke thing.... Trying to play again now.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No problem man...

Yeah, it would be hard to judge..

basically the only things I didn't like was that kicking is like kicking a bowling ball..

and I got sacked 10 times...seriously? seriously...?

I'll take your word for it

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Sunday, you have plenty of time..

This dynasty will advance twice a week..

for some of you that may seem slow, but over the course of a year you won't be bitching...things run a lot more smoothly and are more fun

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'll have my first game in tonight after I get home from work. Going to be a tough one, but I think I might actually be able to grind out a close one going by some of the things I've been able to do offline.

12. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

what if everything is done before the sunday mark? Will we advance on that day? If so - will the next advancement be on Sunday or move forward to the following Advance day?

ex.

Advance Friday Night... will the next deadline be sunday night or since the week is shorter there thursday night?

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I like seeing the table up there showing the results. Might be kind of neat to see the scores, but that may be too involved in following.

I'll be very impressed if mors beats Penn State in Happy Valley. Might just lead to my retirement. haha

14. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I like the format you put up Murk. It is an easy reference point when not logged on LIVE.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I like the format in the 1st post as well.

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I HIGHLY doubt I'll be able to win, but I MIGHT be able to make it interested for three quarters.

Being a C team and them an A+, I highly doubt I'll have the ability to pull off an upset like that. I will definitely be playing a game against them offline first just to test some stuff out. ;)

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Houston wins big 63-10 I will have the write up in the game sum thread.

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

(sigh) Says the fuckin' dynasty servers are down for me....

I'm going to give it another try by restarting the game, but if this shit doesn't work for me, it's going to be tomorrow before I have time to do it again.

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Got it working. Stupid fuckin' game...

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

(sigh) SO fuckin' pissed right now....

Lose the game 21-14 because I missed two god damn chip shot FGs...

In money FG range trying to score a freakin' TD when I should have been able to just run out the clock and kick the game winner... God damn it...

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If I advance it tonight...the next advance will be Thursday not Sunday...unless things get done early again..

Also, we are waiting on riptides right now...and he is out of town...I think he may be getting back today though.

Use the time in between advances to update your blogs, etc

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

..atleast you aren't the only one..

Parrothead and I, both, can make the argument that that is why we lost!!

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Hey guys,

for these...I am just going to edit my original post.

check it now, there are some edits

24. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yes, I will be back today and will get my game in as soon as I can tonight so you can advance. Sorry for the hold up guys.

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Dude nothing to be sorry about. Sometimes we have to step back and see that NCAA 10 is not the most important thing.... Nah who am I kidding GET YOUR DAMN GAME IN.....:D