Week 1: Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jan 3, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Florida Opens the Season With a Bang! 48-0 Over Miami University.​

Teams always want to start hot and that is exactly what the Gators did in their season opener against the outmatched Miami University football team. Five different Gators scored a rushing touchdown and the Gators out rushed the Hawks 382 to 0. The Gators leading rusher was QB Trey Burton who had 144 yards on 19 carries, while Jeffery Demps had 115 yards on 9 carries. With the rushing game working for such success passing was never really a priority. However, Burton did show that he was capable of hitting the long ball as he and Carl Moore hooked up on a 67 yard touchdown strike early in the second quarter.​

Next up for the Gators is a big matchup against ACC foe Georgia Tech, who is looking to bring the triple option into the swamp for a victory march. It should be a great matchup of two remarkably similar rushing attacks.​

2. RJ Emeka

RJ Emeka Walk On

Beavers edge TCU 21-10 despite 4 missed FG's by Oregon State.

Both defenses were stout, but Stephen Paea proved why he is probably the most dominant interior lineman in the country. He controlled the LOS and didn't allow Ed Wesley any room to maneuver. The Rodgers brothers made just enough plays to edge TCU. The Beavers will be tough to be with all their weapons at WR and TE. Ryan Katz had over 300 yards passing and 2 TDs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Notre Dame 35
    Purdue 17
    The Irish took care of Purdue and walked away with the Shillegah Trophy. The Notre Dame offense came out strong with 3 TDs on the first 3 drives. QB Dayne Crist hit Michael Floyd, Kyle Rudolph, and Armando Allen for TD grabs. Allen also broke a 72-yard run in the second quarter. The Boilermakers couldn't get it going on offense and had 2 costly turnovers that kept them out of the endzone.

Offensive Player of the Game: RB Armando Allen with 8 carries for 79 yards and a TD and 1 catch for 52 yards and a TD.
    Defensive Player of the Game: D. Walls with 7 total tackles.
    There were no major injuries in the game although Allen and his backup Cierre Wood did each miss a quarter with some bumps and bruises.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Good games so far guys...way to take TCU out RJ. That will be key to getting user matchups in the bowl season...now wipe out BSU too.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

Not even out of the first quarter and Martinez is down with a dislocated ankle. Now he's out for 11 weeks.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OOOOH. That sucks. I know it's going to happen to Nesbitt, too, but all my guys can run, so I can deal. You got any backups with wheels?

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

Zac Lee is an 80 speed and Cody Green who really has wheels is only an 81. So it looks like Nebraska is going to be a passing team. Maybe I'll formation sub Burkhead in a bunch.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Nebraska 28
    Western Kentucky 0

Nebraska starts the season off on a bitter sweet note. The defense held steadfast to shutout the upset ready Hilltoppers. They picked the Western Kentucky QB Kawaun Jakes 5 times, twice for pick 6's by Thenarse and Washington.

The bitter notes were that the Cornhuskers offense could only make 77 yards of total offense and in the first quarter Taylor Martinez went down with a dislocated ankle on a play that should have been whistled for roughing the passer <highlight>

Note: This game was plagued by the illegal chop block, block in the back 15 yard penalty by both sides after the 5th overall such penalty I declined the rest and suffered the loss when I committed the penalty. I'm totally not used to the spread run game as I sucked balls at it. The Michigan playbook had a single back set and an i-form set that I never used.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a day of big plays, short fields, and small mistakes for the Ramblin' Wreck of Georgia Tech in this one. The defense was stellar, allowing only ten total yards of rushing, and turning over their opponents four times, while not surrendering the ball even once. Anthony "Big Hoss" Allen ran for three scores - all in the same quarter - and 95 yards in the game on only nine carries, one of which went for 62 yards, leaving Air Force tacklers in his wake the entire way. Fellow senior Josh Nesbitt added two more scores on the ground and 85 yards of his own on 11 carries, and he also wen 4 for 5 in the passing game, which helped keep the defense honest. This one was over early. Next week, Tech gets its first real test, travelling to The Swamp to take on Coach Easy and the Gators.

Offensive POG = Anthony Allen - 9 carries, 95 yards, 3 TDs
    Defensive POG = DE Izaan Cross - 4 tackles, 1 sack, 2 ffum, 1 frec

10. justadude

justadude Walk On

[​IMG]

The Good:
    LE Jack Crawford(6 Tackles 4 Sacks) lead a hard hitting Defense on a goalline stand stopping the Zips four straight times on its own one during the second half, but had little trouble containing the Akron Offense otherwise.

Evan Royster (23 - 133) ran hard for the Nittany Lions providing consistent yardage for a struggling team.

The Bad:
    The Offense seemed lost without a clear cut plan that lead to poor play-calling and breakdowns on promising drives.

The Ugly:
    1 - 4 Turnover ratio. Although two picks were due to hits and one was an overthrown ball it is safe to say that all 4 were due to poor execution. One thrown inside and another just outside the redzone.

Notable:
    Akron suffered a large amount (5-6) clipping penalties although only one negated a 10 yard gain. PSU had about 3. 15 Facemask also were called several times on both teams.

In Closing:
    This was my first game on Heisman and although I did not play well I do like the sliders. My performance will not cut it against better CPU and any user controlled teams. I should have won this game 38-0, but those picks killed my drives. I will need to find a playbook I am more comfortable with and work on my game.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Load up the sliders into an offline dynasty and practice in there with the Nittany lions. If you set your schedule, and redshirts the same you will get a great feel for your playbook.

12. justadude

justadude Walk On

Am doing that as we speak. Leading Akron 31 - 6 at the half (I keep checking to see if the sliders are really set). I will be switching playbook to USF as it offers me multiple I forms to fall back on as well as having a large selection of shotgun and a pistol to work out of when I feel comfortable doing so.