Week 1, Season 2 - The Cathedral

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Oct 7, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to Week 1 of our 2nd Season!

Everyone is on a bye week. There are no games Week 1. Therefore, I would like to ask everyone to be ready to advance (recruit online) to Week 2 by 8pm EST so that everyone has a fair chance to get the 1st game in tomorrow night.

Is this doable? If not... you're lame. I love you.

Let the games begin!

2. vatechhokie01

Someone bored tomorrow needs to do a pre-season writeup. Week 1 is perfect as it has the total (1-119) polls, the pre-season AA and conference outlooks, heisman expectations, clean schedules, etc. Someone compile something!...

or not.

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I won't be ready by 2pm est. But what's the difference I can't really improve on my 118th ranked recruiting anyways!

4. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Although I am excited to turn EMU around. With a schedule that is in my favor.......the Swami predicts a 9-3 season! And a 31 to 6 ass kicking of Kent St. to finish the year!

EMU is also going to start a true frshman at RB this year. (Can't remember his first name) Smith. A speedster who stands at 5'8 but with 90 speed.
    Gillett returns to start at QB with the experience of last year.

Let the season start!

• Like Like x 1
  5. vatechhokie01

Edit: I was thinking Hawaii time. I meant 8pm EST!

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

rub it in. we get it. you live in hawaii and are on hawaii time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vatechhokie01

just heads up. tbone requested he gets until 10pmEST to finish his recruiting. As technically the 48hr time has not elapsed and he got shutout of the entire offseason including redshirts... i'm obviously giving him this. So new hard advance time is 10pm EST. obviously ill let you know if it happens before that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Maryland Terapins return an AA, and a heisman hopeful canidate in QB D. OBrien. Under the tutelage of a NEW OC, this QB needs to have a big season in order for Maryland to be successful. With not much of a running game (and some lofty offensive goals in throwing the ball) the terps are going to air it out.

My Prediction 7-5
    Bold Prediction 9-3

• Like Like x 3
  9. vatechhokie01

The UNLV Running Rebels returns a pre-season 2nd team AA junior RB, a budding junior QB (up 9 pts from a 68 to a 77!) while only losing a couple starters. The team is young and poised for greatness. A preseason ranking of 80 is a slap in the face and will be posted in the locker room throughout the season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

can we make any playbook formation changes?

11. vatechhokie01

sure... don't be lame. other than that dont really care.

12. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

i was going to switch from spread to fleXbox One triple option with 4 different 5 WR sets. nothing major.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

dont forget the random goallline set that you run throughout the entire 3rd quarter all the way up the field (Sample anyone?)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I hated his wishbone Offense. It sucked.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

In what was clearly the dumbest move in the silly season, Temple head coach Goose took an OC job at Virginia. Coach Goose had this to say about it, "I was super wasted when I got the call from the AD, I was positive that he said he was from Virginia Tech. This was definitely a downward move for me. Temple is definitely headed in the right direction and I am clearly not." Virginia has a preseason ranking of 90, while Temple is now a 3 star and ranked 76. Temple has 2 AA's 1 first teamer and 1 2nd teamer, while Virginia has none. "I clearly screwed the pooch on this one."

• Like Like x 4
  16. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

^best preseason write-up ever. Only thing you forgot was,"Coach Weaver made a good choice, Coach Mullen got a boner when he thought about uniform combinations, and I was the second choice for this shit job"

• Like Like x 1
  17. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

thanks for waiting for me fellas!!! i took my ps3 to my friends house that im stayin at this month. monday i bring my tv and hten im online at least once a day like i used to be.