Week 1 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 1 - Season 2

Deadline for advance - Wednesday @ Murk's Discression

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado VS Colorado State Rivalry Game W 37-24
    Florida State @ #10 Nebraska User v. User W 31-7
    Oklahoma VS BYE
    #2 Miami - BYE
    Mizzou @ #25 Illinois Rivalry Game W 51-13
    #21 NC State VS #17 Cinncinati W 49-28
    #10 Nebraska VS Florida State User v. User L 7-31
    #4 Oklahoma State - BYE
    Texas A&M @ Arkansas Rivalry Game W 24-15
    #20 Virginia Tech VS Toledo W 19-13

User games wk 1 is only....
    FSU@NEB

LOTS week 2 though.

It is nice to see such early rivalry games on the slate IMO (all of which were already scheduled).

I set the deadline as I did b/c it gives us our 72 hour window, altough I fully expect us to be ready before then. If Bulgy has not shown, we will not wait on the advance and he will be removed from the dynasty thereafter. If we make it to wednesday it will be at Murk's discression as I will be gone from the 13th to the 18th (Late).

In addendum, I would like to try something that we are actually doing this season i the 4th horseman regarding our summaries. You no longer have to post in the summary forum and your thread in there, but you may if you still wan't to. Instead, you should post in the weekly thread (like this one) a short summary, a box score, and some stats if you want. It should keep interest more and I definitely liek the fact we will be able to read eachothers in one central location.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Dakota, when can you play?

I hope to get this game in really late tonight, or sometime during the day tomorrow.

I was hoping the Miami game was week one, looks like I'll have to forfeit that again.

3. Jman

Yeah, I wish you were allowed to fudge with the conf. games a bit when scheduling...alas, you cannot.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I can play this morning. After 8 central, really pretty much all day. Except while my wife is home for lunch, so just not around noon. Otherwise, I'm good all day. I'll probably be on xbox

5. Jman

Please make sure you all read the 1st post and post in here after your game.

6. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Okie State is ready to advance.

7. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

The Tigers Success Continues into the Next Season

Tigers Dominate Heated Rivalry

Winning their last 7 games in the 2009 season the Tigers brought their record from a measly 2-6 to a respectable 7-6. They continued their success in their season opener against rival team Illinois winning big.

SR HB Derrick Washington was pumped up for his first game back from his serious injury resulting in missing the last 7 games of the 2009 season. Washington had a slow start running for only 138 yards on 37 attempts with a long of only 10. Combined with backup HB Devion Moore Illinois could not keep the Tigers from scoring. Missouri ran the ball right up the middle all game long scoring 4 touchdowns on the ground.

Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert had nearly a perfect game going 10 for 12 for 148 yards and 2 touchdowns. One of those being batted down at the line the other a dropped pass. On the few passing plays The Tigers ran Gabbert sat in the pocket and accurately picked apart Illinois Defence.

As well as a great offence game The Tigers dominated on defence. JR DT Terrell Resonno lead the team with 2 of Missouri's 4 sacks. Illinois offence was awful, throwing 3 interceptions early on, they were lucky to have not been shut out in this one.

The Tigers ended up winning big with a final score of 51 to 13. However Coach Wellar was very disappointed with the late fumbles in the 2nd and forth quarter. Illinois recovered both fumbles giving them great field position resulting in their two touchdowns. If the Tigers can prevent these fumbles in the future they are sure to have a great season ahead of them.

Player of the Game: JR QB Blaine Gabbert - 10/12 148 Yards, 2 TD

Highlight Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R0LGIJ0El4

Team Stats
    ILLINI MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 9 23
    Total Offence 178 467
    Rushing Yards -10 302
    Passing Yards 188 165
    Turnovers 3 2
    Fumbles 0 2
    Intercepted 3 0

8. Jman

Excellent post Wellar, exactly what I was looking for with this idea! And good blowout of Illinois too!

Just remember fella's, it doesn't even have to be as in depth as that, but that was nice.

9. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

yeah i had alot of free time today lol

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU knocks off #10 Nebraska on the road!​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Team​
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    FSU 7 17 0 7 31
    Neb 0 0 0 7 7[/CENTER]

The Freshmen played a big role in the game today:
    QB Andrew Martin - 15 of 22 for 190 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs

WR Bill Ruffin - 4 receptions for 52 yards

TE Jason Wilson - 2 receptions for 12 yards

CB Jeff Montoya - 3 tackles, 1 INT

Summary

FSU controlled the clock, and pounded the rock which left some passing lanes open for the young quarterback. The defense was outstanding, and held Nebraska to 2-9 on 3rd down, and came up with 4 interceptions. Play of the game was this INT right before the half, when Jr (RS) CB Dionte Allen took it 85 yards for a TD to go into the locker room up 24-0.

great game dakota

11. dakota7

Good game Murk.

My first game with a new playbook.....probably not a smart choice against your defense. I abandoned the run WAY too soon. Maybe next year........

12. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Virginia Tech 19
    Toledo 13

In the first game of the year Virginia Tech came out strong and played smart sounds football other than an early fumble. Bad news came early on as starting RB Darren Evans broke his elbow and is out for THE SEASON a devistating injury and the second year in a row he missed the entire season to injury.

Ryan Williams ripped off a few nice runs after and got them in position for the TD as freshman TE Jake Jackson snagged in the 4 yard pass for his first career TD in what hopes to be a lot by his final year in a Hookie uniform.

Virginia Tech played good defense the rest of the game and freshman kicker Justin Jones converted on all 4 of his FGs. Toledo looked like crap all game going 0-6 on 3rd downs and not being able to convert anything until the last minute of the game where they started playing like the Indy Colts and scored on 2 80 yard drives in the last 58 seconds of the game including a 46 yard TD as time expired on a catch that would make David Tyree superbowl catch look like crap.

SO RB Ryan Williams finished with 155 yards on 29 carries and SO RB David Wilson finished with 42 yards off 9 carries

The Good - Virginia Tech running game was unstoppable not having to punt once all game

The Average - Defense played great all game until they shit the bed in the last minute of the game they couldn't stop Toledo

The Bad - Tech Defensive backs dropped or didn't capatilize on multiple INT chances and missed 3 swats.

13. Jman

OK fella's, I'm throwing this up here to get your feelings/opinions.

I'm currently holding off on my game to see if Bulgy shows up or not. If he does not, we will be moving on without him either way, I've tried to contact him to no avail, so it is what it is. If this happens, are there any quarrels with me moving to Oklahoma? Its potentially double benefited for me b/c its the team I initially wanted and they start the season with 3 BYE's, which is great for my real-life situation.

Hopefully this will not arise and he'll show back up, but, if it does transpire, what are you're opinions on the move? If the majority thinks I should wait until next season I gladly would. It'll be up to you.

Like I said, hopefully it doesn't happen, but, we need all members to be active and that isn't what we're getting right now. We shall see.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Fine with me. Make the move now, and I'll work on finding a new member while you are gone. Sound good??

15. Jman

Yep, I'd gladly appreciate it. We'll need two now though, of course, might be easier to bring one at a time unless we nab another vet. Will open up 2 ACC spots now.

On a side note I was told by Drifter that we need to do better than "ACC/Big-12 Challenge" lol, so we all need to be thinking on that.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Season 2: Week 1 - #17 Cincinatti @ #21 NC State

Wolfpack Overwelms Cincy Defense; Wins 49-28​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Cin
    0​
    14​
    7​
    7​
    28​
    NCSU
    7​
    14​
    21​
    7​
    49​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Cincinatti NC State
    First Downs
    10​
    22​
    Total Offense
    342​
    413​
    Passing Yards
    337​
    213​
    Rushing Yards
    5​
    200​
    Turnovers
    5​
    3​
    Fumbles
    3​
    0​
    Interceptions
    2​
    3​

Summary

Offense

Offense had a good game on the ground and in the air with JR QB Russell Wilson contributing to both statistically. Passes were spread nicely to 7 different receivers with 5 of them getting 2 catches or more. The biggest contribution the receivers made was simple: No dropped passes. Probably the receivers that made the biggest impact were WR Jarvis Williams and TE George Bryan who both totaled a combined 7 catches for 101 yards and 4 TD's. HB's Curtis Underwood Jr and Brandon Barnes combined for 140 rushing yards and 2 TD's.

Offensive MVP - Russell Wilson (19-30 213 YDS 4 TD 3 INT, 7 CAR 31 Yds)

Defense

It wasn't a great day for such a young defense when defending the pass. Although they only allowed 5 rushing yards, Cincy only attempted to run 15 times. The defense did however step it up on 3rd downs allowing just 4 out of 10 to be converted. The big impact on defense was forcing turnovers with JR MLB Sterling Lewis forcing to fumbles that were both recovered by the NC State defense. Secondary had 2 key INT's but allowed a lot of easy receptions but could have used some help from the defensive line establishing a pass rush.

Defensive MVP - Michael Lemon (5 TKLS 3 TFL 1 SACK)

17. Papa Perry

What about "The Challenge"

18. Jman

We're waiting on Wader and Shmeezil now. Guys, not to press, but, the sooner you get your game in the sooner we can advance to week two and Murk can take the file in prep for my absence the 13th to the 18th.

I will be checking recruiting/cuts/pos-moves for the next hour or so. If you have anything to fess up to, now would be the time to do it. If I uncover any rule infractions, they will be dealt with.

19. dakota7

Go ahead and make the move to Oklahoma.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Wader..

what's up with the restart...

saw you were losing 0-7 in the first quarter...then all of a sudden it's 0-0 in the second??

21. Jman

Wader and Spatin, I have sent you both PM's to discuss matters, please respond.

22. Papa Perry

What about "The Challenge" for a dynasty name

23. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

You guys are all pretty terrible, not much of a challenge really....lol jk
    Not bad i suppose

24. Papa Perry

Well after I'm done scraping Buffalo off my cleats next week I'm sure a different tune will be sung. (Also kidding...but not really)

25. wader49

wader49 Walk On

sorry guys, my internet flickered and caused the game to end. It was tied 7-7 when it happened.