Week 1 Season 2

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Dec 21, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Friday @10PM EST
    =============== #19 Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies will host Iowa State (0-0).
    =============== UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (0-0).
    =============== Cal Golden Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Fort Collins to face the Colorado State Rams (0-0).
    =============== #21 Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers will host #9 Michigan State (0-0).
    =============== Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes will host UAB (0-0).
    =============== #18 Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Boise to face the #6 Boise State Broncos (0-0).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host #5 South Carolina (0-0).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cougars will host Nevada (0-0).

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Utes rolls over talentless UAB 48-3

Jordan Wynn started off on fire with 2 of his first 3 passes going for TDs, but struggled to show consistency after throwing the first INT. He was pulled out of the game after connecting with Christopher on a short TD to start the 4th. True Freshman Jeff Cox then came in and saw his first college pass intercepted. But for Wynn, the day ended with 4 TDs and 289 yards and he never really got comfortable with any receiver. TE Moeai led the way with 4 receptions for 78 yards while Christopher caught 2 TDs in his 3 balls with 59 yards. Scott and Denham also each had TDs. Palamo looked very solid running the ball against the nonexistant defense as he went for 85 and a TD on 14 attempts. the offense totaled 469 yards but did turn it over 4 times which is not excusable.

The defense was stout, as it should be against a terrible Blazers squad. If it wasnt for the QB scrambling, there was no offense. 14 tackles behind the line, 2 sacks, 3 INTs, 2 missed FGs, and 1 (almost 2 TDs). Players were swarming all over the field and showed a lot of promise for a good season.

Easy win to get the season rolling on a good note at home.

Is OshiBall back?

3. IrishBearcat

California: 31
    Colorado State: 14

We started off fast forcing a punt and then pounding it in with an Isi Sofele touchdown to go up 7-0. I started out testing some new things in the passing game and to put it nicely things didn't work out as planned. I've been focusing on trying to become more balanced, and thought I was making progress. My starting QB Zach Maynard was knocked out for half a quarter, and ended up throwing two picks on 6 pass attempts, smh. He did hit WR Keenan Allen on a 48 yd TD pass. The backup went 2/2 for 18 yards 0 TD 0 picks while playing in relief of Maynard's injury.

Sofele added his second TD in the 2nd quarter and we went up 14-0. CSU hit the TE on a 45+ yard pass down the seam against cover two to take them inside the 5 yardline. They'd punch it in with Nwoke and it was 14-7 Golden Bears at half.

The 48 yd rec TD was the only score of the third. My fullback Eric Stevens had a 34 yard TD rush right up the gut due to the CPU jumping the snap and whiffing. Up 28-7 in the 4th, the game was over. CSU QB Pete Thomas racked up a ton of garbage yardage with the hurry up and added a TD. We added a field goal to push the final score to 31-14.

We played bad and won in a blowout, I'll take it but I'm not pleased. We really need to tune the passing game up if we wanna stick it to PSU.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  4. IrishBearcat

5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I work for a living. I'll try and convince my boss to let me skip work on gamedays though so our dynasty can keep pace with you nonworkers.

6. IrishBearcat

Good, looks like we'll let you stick around..

In all seriousness just letting you guys know. I don't expect you to play 10 games a day, just 5.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Finally some one relates lol, I have had a ; spring break,final,christmas break in about 5 years lol..... how I miss those days

8. IrishBearcat

Pshh you still found the time to bring home a Leggie!

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I plan on bringing home some more trophies to the case this season too!

10. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

JUCO Transfer Leads WSU to Blowout Win

[​IMG]

Washington State 42
    Nevada 14

Marcus Harrison passes for 306 yards on 18 of 27 passing and 4 TDs to lead a shocking blowout victory over the Nevada Wolfpack. Harrison was able to beat out entrenched starter Jeff Tuel in training camp and it showed why with a dazzling display of passing connecting with 7 different receivers. Pre-season All-American Marquess Wilson led all receivers with 124 yards on 5 catches and 2 TDs. Carl Winston paced the ground game with 84 yards on 21 carries and 1 TD.

The major turning point in the game came when Nevada tried to score with 2seconds left in the half from their own 20 yard line. WSU wisely called a blitz sacking the QB and jarring the ball loose. Cornerback Chris Dan Jumbo scooped up the fumble and returned it 20 yards putting WSU up for good.

Washington State goes to 1-0 and is currently unranked.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

[​IMG][​IMG]

ASU 42
    Boise State 10

My team has over 300 yards rushing and my defense played lights out with a couple of turnovers. Returning Pac 12 RB of the Year Cameron Marshall came out in the third quarter because he had already amassed over 200 yards rushing in the blowout.

12. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Boy you guys really take it to the deadline here...

13. IrishBearcat

BakerWildcat7 - we'll wait till 2pm tmr to advance, let's get it in!

• Like Like x 1
  14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Sorry fellas! Got home super late last night..... I'll knock my game out when I get off, I think we get off early today too!!!!

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Glad we have a super cheerful guy in the league :)

16. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Unless it's by 2 pm est, we gotta sim it.

17. IrishBearcat

We normally wait 24 hours on cpu games, but since it's around Christmas time I'm being a bit more lenient. If you can get it done by 6, we'll wait. If not, that's 40+ hours to play a cpu game. I texted ya, lemme know man!

18. IrishBearcat

Oshio has commish, I gave it to him yesterday morning in case we would finish all our games while I was working. He still has it and will be home within the hour to adv. Sorry for the delay!

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I didnt know i was commish til a bit ago. just got home, ill advance now before i have to leave again

• Like Like x 2
  20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Sorry guys, its been a crazy busy week, phone screen got broken so I haven't seen any text or anything sorry for the hold up! Hate that I had to take that L tho....