Week 1 Season 3

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 8, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @8PM EST
    =============== #9 Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies will host Syracuse (0-0).
    =============== #24 UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins will host #25 Mississippi State (0-0).
    =============== Cal Golden Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Northwestern (0-0).
    =============== Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers travel to Athens to face the #5 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0).
    =============== #18 Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes will host Utah State (0-0).
    =============== Arizona State Sun Devils (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Lincoln to face the #4 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host Troy (0-0).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cougars will host Baylor (0-0).
    =============== Colorado Buffaloes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buffaloes are idle.

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well the Bruins destroy the Mississippi State Bulldogs again 42-17. I am loving the qb play by Hundley and the defense for the Bruins. It feels like they have gotten better over the off-season and I can't wait until we start Pac-12 play. It's going to be a great season for the Bruins.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I literally scrolled the playbooks for lik 2 minutes without looking and it came to rest on Temple.
    So i decided to try temples playbook this year. It's what got me FSU last year. I fixed up formation subs and I think it wil work out well for me. TE friendly spread attack

playing Utah State this week is a good week to get comfortable with the changes to the playbook and depth Chart. Cox will make his first start at QB

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

and thats a wrap. Had too much going on to broadcast this one but it was a blowout anyway.
    Utah 55
    USU 9

If it wasnt for a blown coverage in the secondary, they should not have scored any TDs but a wide open 56 yard pass got them on the board.
    Cox started shaky with an overthrow and a pick in his first 2 passes but settled down after that with 273 yards and 4 scores. Quinton Pedroza stole the show with 3 grabs for 103 yards and 3 TDs. Scott hauled in the other score. Palamo looked terrific in this one, refusing to go down. He didnt get as many carries as he deserved but still averaged over 10 yards a pop on his way to 122 yards and 2 scores.

The defense dominated this game. Star Lotulelei is going to be a force this year and this game showed just what he is capable of. 3.5 sacks, a FF and a FR. DE Joe Kruger also racked in 2 sacks and Dangerfield had a half sack. Dangerfield also hauled in 2 interceptions including one he took back 12 yards for a late TD. On the day Utah State only ended up with 210 yards of offense with 56 coming on the long pass and 4 turnovers. USU held the ball 28 minutes of the 40.

5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Sorry fellas, last night I was pretty NCAA'd out after the off-season took forever! Every step of the advance my console was freezing so kept having to restart. I'm just glad we made it through the whole thing without losing the OD file.

Only myself, MNoffke, and fuzzyl0gic left for week 1. I have a whopping SEVEN scholarships to give out for S3, and already landed one insta-commit! Six spots, we're going for the best of the best.

And I'd like to retract my statement that Cal is going to take the Pac-12 by storm this season. My roster is SOOOOO young. Good news is, in a year or two we should be the most talented team in the conference.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

No problem, that has to suck (restarting your xbox after each stage). Luckily that has never happened to me.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sorry I didn't do my summary last night. We won a shootout with Baylor something like 38 to 24 or something. Wilson had 200+ yards and a score.

8. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU started out the season with a tough match-up against UGA.

Both teams were held scoreless in the first quarter of the ball game. UGA was able to strike first with a FG. OSU responded by scoring 17 straight points in the second quarter. Freshman QB Wheatley had a solid first start. RB Jackson was knocked out of the game with a concussion. Agnew picked up the slack for the OSU run game. UGA wasnt able to score when it needed too and OSU took advantage and put the game out of reach.

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Ariz 52
    Troy 40

The Wildcats start of the season with an impressive offensive explosion at home. Ground and pound was the story of the day, the Wildcats o-line controlled the LOS all day long amassing a whopping 324 yards on the ground! The Cat's three headed monster of 5 star recruit Clifton Hall who ran for 112 yards and 3 tds, Daniel Jenkins who led all rushers with 157 yards and 1 td, and speedster Kadeem Carey who added 40 yards of his own. "We did exactly what we set out to do this week, pound the ball and win the fight in the trenches! I'm definitely proud of our o-line today" quoted Coach BakerWildcat. Sadly the U of A offense took two huge blows losing all purpose back Kadeem Carey for the season and freshman phenom Clifton Hall for 5 weeks, it looks like Daniel Jenkins will be counted on to pick up the slack of those two loses. The passing attack was equally effective totaling 233 yards and 2 tds on the day, Senior WR Garic Wharton led all pass catchers with 2 recs for 91 yds and 2 tds.

The Wildcat defense was pretty ineffective all game with the exception of the 3 ints they hauled in. The Cat's gave up 450+ yards and 5 tds in the air, the lone bright spot was the play of JUCO transfer DE Kyle Taylor who had his first Division I sack, but seemed to be hitting the Troy QB every play.

The Cat's look to knock off the #2 team in the country when they face the University of Oklahoma @ home next week.