Week 1 - Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 3, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 1 - Season 4

Here we are boys!

Recruiting numbers are posted, and are accurate. We did the best we could with the schedules. Enjoy!

Hard Advance for Sunday at 1pm Central

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Purdue 0-0 @ Notre Dame W 45-38
    The Parrothead UCLA 0-0 @ Ball State W 38-6
    Riptides #14 Ball State 0-0 UCLA L 38-6
    Colonel Thrillz Kent State 0-0 Rutgers W 34-25
    RaveDown Bowling Green 0-0 @ Arkansas W 45-35
    highyella1 Akron 0-0 Utah W 48-7
    Maxattax34 #11 Rice 0-0 Baylor W 52-0
    castortroy4206 ECU 0-0 @ South Carolina W 24-17
    NatiSaint #21 UCF 0-0 BYE - -
    Kid Robotz #14 Southern Miss 0-0 @ #23 Texas A&M L 45-38
    MM Jman #16 Tulsa 0-0 Illinois W 59-28
    MYCANE #25 Houston 0-0 @ Arizona State W 33-19

UvU games:
    UCLA @ Ball State!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Damn, I had a crazy game!

My offense can score points. My defense is not very good.

Players Of The Game:
    HB Brian Robinson (Fr) - 14 carries for 71 yards, 1 TD - 1 reception, TD - 1 of 1 for 13 yards, TD (WOW!)
    QB Denard Robinson (Jr) - 17 of 22 for 258 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT - 26 carries for 152 yards, 1 TD, 3 fumbles

Freshman WR Adrian Waters also had a big game, catching 3 balls for 52 yards and a TD.

Notre Dame jumped out to a 17-7 lead at one point. I could not stop their offense, Sr WR #1 Deion Walker had 4 receptions for 110 yards and a TD. Denard Robinson fumbles 3 times in the first half, twice on one possession. Anyway, I took the lead early in the fourth quarter with a 25 yard TD pass to Sr TE Bryce Ros. I would be forced to punt with about 2 minutes left in the fourth, and they would tie it back up with 49 yard TD pass! I tried to menuever my way down the field carefully. I ran an option play that got me a first down, and down to the the five yard line, went no huddle, and gave it to Brian Robinson up the gut for the go ahead TD!

Great Game! They had 0 turnovers to my 3 and still managed to lose..

3. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Your QB had 26 carries? Wow

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It wasn't cheesily..

I had 20 or more carries with LeFevour multiple times..this guys' better

look at my team stats..

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team Stats Purdue Notre Dame
    First Downs 25 13
    Total Offense 527 370
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 46-256-2 19-72-1
    Comp-Att-TDs 18-24-4 19-31-4
    Passing Yards 271 298
    Red Zone-TD-FG 6-4-1 (83%) 3-2-1 (100%)
    Turnovers 3 0
    Fumbles Lost 2 0
    Intercepted 0 0
    Total Yards 739 533

5. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Wasn't callin you cheese bro - Oh but look at ND ... Talk about Balanced play calling... 19 runs 19 pass?

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I was just saying..

I don't expect to have games like this. I just think this was a huge game, keep in mind I would've had less stats if I turn it over 3 times.

I'm more impressed with the trifecta by my Freshman HB. I was aiming for that, and I think it was a lot cooler because of that. I also had 8 different players with a reception, and 4 different players with carries.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I fn lost my starting RB for 2 weeks TX and @UCLA damn Back spasms I know I should post this in injuries thread but I am just sooooooooo pissed. My Offense was clicking I moved the ball up and down the field he goes down in the 3rd my offense falls apart. Its like this game knows what kind of effect that will have on a team. 1st half stats
    QB 11-12 135 yards 2td
    rb 14 carries 58 yards
    score 21-6
    2nd half
    QB 2-11 55 yards 1 INT 1 TD
    back up RB 27 carries 66 yards
    33-19
    How did I get to 33 They went for 2 I sacked the QB he fumbled and I ran it back for 2
    My D scored twice in this game. Season 4 game recaps will be up this afternoon in the Houton summary page! Team looks good but so do Tulsa and Rice. It should be a dog fight!!!

8. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Just a random thought but why did both teams which left for BCS schools choose conferences without conference championships. We set this league up with conferences chosen because of championships and then we move onto big boy conferences and we end up with PAC 10 and BIG 10. jeeeeshhh...........

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I thought everyone liked the switching schools idea??

If not we can just go back to our original schools and call it that..

It's up to all of you. I'm from the midwest, like the Big 10, that's my reason.

Why wasn't this brought up a long time ago when I posted potential places to go and the conferences?

10. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

No, I like switching schools. I just happen to think about it and wonder why we didn't pick schools with championship games.

I posted when the discussion started that we should consider the ACC along with SEC and Big 12 because it had a championship game and you said "good call I forgot about ACC".

Not sure why we didn't think about it again when you guys started to pick teams, I just assumed you guys didn't care about the championships any longer.

Oh well!

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Oh okay, I gotcha.

My mistake.

When I was picking teams I wasn't really thinking about a championship game, and I thought it would actually be more fun to play everyone in my conference every year..

Is anyone else interested in the Big 10?

12. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Well, you do have to remember that there are 11 teams in the Big 10 so every team doesn't play each other every year.

You could have two teams in that conference go undefeated and 12-0 while not playing each other and share the Big 10 title.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

You should have went Pac-10, then. The Big 10 doesn't play everyone. There's always one left out. The Pac-10 plays everyone. (edit: Guess Riptides beat me to it on the Big 10 not playing all conference members)

I didn't really care whether the conference I was going to had a championship game or not, since it wasn't a requirement that we go to one of those schools. I was going to choose either the Pac-10, Big 12, or ACC. Since I could only take a 2 star team, the ACC got eliminated (wasn't going to take Duke). I've already got an offline dyansty with Iowa State and didn't want Baylor or Kansas. I could see playing with Arizona or UCLA, so I went Pac-10. Pac-10 doesn't need a conference championship because everyone plays everyone else in the conference. You'll know who is better that way. ;)

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I totally understand you guys are jealous that I have Denard Robinson. It's okay.

Heisman?

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Really want to play, but im still drunk from last night haha. Im pretty sure I fell hard at some point also because my hand/wrist hurts like a B. Ill get my game in this evening.

Rice is looking pretty good this year on paper...

Edit: Got to love those Michigan transfers!!!

16. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

:confused:

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

looks like we could advance tonight, so please do. I figure rip and parrothead will play tonight also, right?

18. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It's way late in the game to complain that you don't like conferences people are moving to isn't it???? Who cares?

If I were to switch schools I'd look at the big 10 too.

19. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm not complaining. Like I said in my first post I was just thinking and wondered "why" those conferences were chosen when the MAC and Conference USA were chosen because one they were mid-majors but another reason they were chosen was because they had championships.

20. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

We are playing tonight.

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im thinking Big12(south).

"Im not gonna do what everyone thinks Im gonna do... and FLIP OUT!!! All I wanna know is... who's comin' with me?"

22. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

P.S. was Southern Miss losing to Texas A & M a misprint? If not, can someone please explain.....That's unbelievable.

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Don't forget the goldfish! (y)

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Just saw that... ouch.

and holy crap Rice is ranked #11 to start the season?
    edit: just checked and Rice is unranked lol. why you messin with me like that? haha

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I understand CHICKS have a hard time handling alcohol

That is the 1st time Rice and looking pretty good has every been put together in the same sentence.