Week 1 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by MNoffke, Jan 27, 2012.

1. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

PSU came to OSU as favorites to win the game. The first quarter was a back and forth defensive standoff. OSU took advantage of a PSU miscue. Penn State’s WR fumbled the ball after a short reception and (FR) MLB Gordon recovered the ball. OSU took total control in the second quarter. Penn State was only able to get 1 successful drive in the 2nd. At half time OSU led the ball game 28-7 (All 28 points came in 2nd quarter).

In the second half it was a back and forth battle. OSU threw an early pick which led to a PSU touchdown to make it a 28-14 ball game. OSU answered right back when Jackson took it up the middle untouched on a HB dive (I noticed the defense blitzed a ton this game which allowed me to get big runs).

My freshman stepped up big this game. WR Beck had a huge catch for over 40 yards. He was doubled covered and out jumped both defenders. CB Faulk had an INT and MLB Gordon had a fumbled recover. The young OSU defense did not allow a passing TD all game. OSU will look to clean up its run defense after this game. But then again it was the #2 team in the country my defense faced.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA almost loses to a freaking dominant FSU team but came out with a win 35-34. Well I think it's time to say it, my team sucks yep just throwing that out there now. The Seminoles were able to just move up and down the field without a problem and scored on every single drive. The Bruins struggled early in the game going down 21-0 in the second quarter. The Bruins would make the game close but always made a mistake to push them out of position of coming back. But the Bruins realized the Seminoles blitzed a lot so Hundley was able to hit screens and hit his receivers on long streaks which bought his team back in the game. UCLA took the lead in the 4th quarter by a TD run by freshman back, Joseph Haumiller. The Seminoles got the ball back and on the first play threw a bomb to the TE who got them in field goal range. But the Bruins stopped them from scoring and with 1 second left on the clock the Seminoles called a T.O. They came out in field goal range snapped the ball quickly kicked it and missed wide right. The Bruins held on to win.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

The top 2 reasons I picked Utah were a) sweet uniforms b)their rivals are BYU and Utah State. easy wins for recruiting purposes

So this year I open up with USU coming into our house. The Utah offense opened tge game with a play 1 dive up the middle and Newton took it 68 yards for the first TD of the year. After a USU FG, former Moss Award winner Lucky Radley (who was injured last year and handed it over to teammate and now starting HB Newton) was back to returning kicks and he didnt forget a thing. 90 yards, gone. the first quarter then ended with fumble score from Rowe to make it 21-3

Where there was no offense in the 1st quarter, things picked up in the 2nd. It didnt take too long for the Utes to know that moving Blake Setzer to the #1 TE role was the right decision. He pulled in his first career TD for 22 yards early 2nd. Late in the quarter, Cox hit Newton across the middle and he broke a tackle and walked in for the score. Just before half, USU QB Chuckie Keeton made the Ute defense look foolish with his legs and ended it with a 20 yard scramble TD. With 20 seconds left in the half, Radley used 16 of it to go 97 yards on his 2nd KR TD of the day. 41-10 at half

Things slowed down again for the offense in the 2nd half. after mounting a nice drive, Newton pounded in a short score. From there it was all defense. First Mitchell took a pick back 24 yards for a score. Then Reese took one back 71 yards. Just before the 3rd quarter ended, Dangerfield scooped a fumble and rumbled 49 yards for the games final score. Payne had a choice to score on a pick in the 4th but dove down to bring the offense out.

>> View touchdown plays photo gallery<<
    >> View turnovers photo gallery <<

It's amazing how close the offensive stats in this contest were
    total O
    USU 268 Utah 263
    rush yards
    USU 156 utah 154
    pass yards
    130 utah 129
    but I went 75% on third downs for the day

The biggest stat of the game of course was the 9 turnovers for Utah State; 5 INT, 4 Fumbles lost. Utah defense played with a fire that is great to see to open the year. The utah DT duo added in 5 sacks as well. The only offense the Aggies had was when the QB scrambled. Hart ran for 69 yards and Keeton ran for 28. hart was injured 4 seperate times in the game tho from the hits he was taking.

A great day for the Utes defense and return game but hopefully the offense can get in some more work before conference play

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington State loses 35-20 to #10 Alabama

WSU did all they could to hang with Bama, and even when they were down 21-7 kept their heads in the game and gave Bama all they could handle.

On the flip side we showed signs that we can compete with the upper level programs, and still have a lot of areas to improve on - which is a good thing. We played poorly today (9 sacks allowed, 3 interceptions, 3 fumbles, and bad special teams) but we still hung in there until the end.

Redshirt Senior Connor Halliday was 27 of 51 for 521 yards with 2 TDs and 3 interceptions, and three of our receivers went over 100 yards.

The defense was led by redshirt Senior John Koch who had 9 total tackles (6 solo), 2 tackles for loss, and a deflection. As a unit they held Bama under our offense's total yards, which isn't saying much I guess, but also held them to 1/9 on third down, 0/1 on fourth down, and forced 2 fumbles.

The End.​

I will do my recruiting of the top 1 and 2 stars tomorrow AM.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Huskies Get Revenge Against Arkansas
    [​IMG]
    Arkansas was only one of two teams that beat Washington last year, and the Huskies didn't forget it. The Huskies started slow, and found themselves trailing 3-10 late in the first quarter after Nick Montana fumbled the ball after taking a sack and it was a scoop and score for Arkansas. Bishop Sankey put the team on his back and returned the ensuing kick-off for a 94 yard TD. He picked up right where he left off last year, this kid is an amazing returner!​
    Arkansas wasn't phased, and scored another TD. Nick Montana led a brilliant drive and completed a 25 yard TD pass to HB Deontae Cooper. The Razorbacks were forced to punt, and Montana looked good once again driving his team down the field. He connected with FB Michael Hartvigson for an 11 yard TD pass. Arkansas responded with a deep pass to Quinta Funderburk for a TD, this guy was impossible to cover. Montana threw his 3rd TD of the game to finish off the half, this time to James Moore for 18 yards. Washington had a 30-24 lead going into the half.​
    Sankey electrified the crowd by taking the opening kick-off of the second half back for an 88 yard TD. Arkansas scored with a short run by their FB, but were stopped the rest of the game. Washington tacked on 2 FGs and cruised away with a win, 43-31. Montana was impressive in his first start, going 13/23 234 yds 3 TDs 0 INTs. The Huskies will be on the road next week against a tough #23 Michigan opponent.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

He put the on his back doe! Lol love that vid

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

CoachRedd
    Philstyle3005

You two are last along with myself. I'll be playing this afternoon. Max is 9 PM EST tonight (24 for CPU games).

8. IrishBearcat

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 30
    Ohio St. 21

Colorado pulls the upset over the 18th ranked Buckeyes in a game that looked like it would be all Ohio St. early. Ohio St. took a 14-0 lead to start the game off and Colorado would come back with 27 straight points to show the crowd that the Buffaloes were not just going to roll over to the heavily favored Buckeyes. The biggest play of the game was when Colorado was up 17-14, Ohio St. dropped back for a screen pass that was read perfectly by the cornerback who picked off the pass and took it 15 yards for the easy touchdown. The Buckeyes tried to come back from that but just came up short. Nick Hirschman looked alright in his first game with the spread offense going 15-27 for 173 yards and a touchdown.

10. IrishBearcat

#20 CALIFORNIA: 31
    CLEMSON: 24
    FINAL - 2OT

WOW - the 4th quarter and beyond was enough to talk about so I'll quickly sum up the first 3 quarters. It was a really defensive game without both teams go punch for punch nearly the entire game. Cal scored first to open the season with a RB Justin Goode touchdown. Clemson's hurry up offense (And A's across the board team for that matter!) was creating havoc. Clemson accumulated a 14-7 lead with under a minute left in the game. We hit WR Aaron Kirk deep on third down for a touchdown to tie the game at 14-14 at hafltime.

Fast foward to the 4th quarter and Cal is down 14-21 with under 3 minutes left in the game. Cal got all the way down to the 2 yard line and was unable to score a touchdown. Clemson forced Cal to burn all of their timeouts and had an opportunity to knee the football to win the game, but decided to run a few more plays. They rushed to the edge and SS Michael Cook came up and ripped the football free - CAL RECOVERED!!!

We then were forced to chuck it deep to have any prayer of winning. Boehm hit TE Aaron Rivers over the middle and he scored. TIE BALL GAME. Golden Bears force overtime - EPIC

The first overtime Cal chose to defend first and was able to hold Clemson to three points. On the first play of overtime Cal rushed inside the 10 yard line with Goode but settled for a field goal. Cal fed the rock again to Goode and he got inside the 10 yard line again. After getting stuffed for a 1 yard gain on 1st down, Goode took the ball up the middle for a touchdown. Cal lead 31-24. The first offensive play for Clemson in OT #2 they threw a pick to team captain SR CB Adrian Lee!!! GAME OVER

A game we had legitimately lost but miraculously found a way to win due to the CPU being retarded. We'll take any win we can get though!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Wake Forest 35
    Ariz 28

Looks like Arizona football has been bitten by the turnover bug once again! 5 int's on the day won't help us gain any hardware this year, not to mention the fumble by QB Dax Garman that was returned for a td..... We did show some fight after narrowing a huge gap down to 7 points, but there just wasn't enough time... Hopefully we can right the ship and start cutting down on mistakes, we shall see!

• Like Like x 1