Week 1 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 7, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 1 - Season 5

TA DAAAAH!

Here we are..

I did the ABSOLUTE best with the schedules. I tried to get everyone the games they wanted and everything, but something had to give.

The fact that we are so spread out really F's thing up.

Enjoy the season! I'll update this with the games later on..

Hard Advance for Saturday @ 8pm Central

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 #24 Purdue 0-0 @ Arizona W 28-21
    The Parrothead #13 UCLA 0-0 Auburn W 38-14
    Riptides Auburn 0-0 @ #13 UCLA L 38-14
    Colonel Thrillz Kent State 0-0 BYE - -
    RaveDown Bowling Green 0-0 Northwestern W 31-7
    highyella1 Akron 1-0 #21 Rutgers W 30-14
    Maxattax34 Texas Tech 0-0 #11 West Virginia W 45-13
    castortroy4206 Arizona 0-0 #24 Purdue L 28-21
    NatiSaint #22 UCF 0-0 BYE - -
    Kid Robotz #14 Southern Miss 0-0 #12 USC W 24-17
    MM Jman Tulsa 0-0 @ Colorado W 32-31
    MYCANE Colorado 0-0 Tulsa L 32-31

UvU games:
    Tulsa @ Colorado
    Purdue @ Arizona
    Auburn @ UCLA

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Troy, can you play at all today? lol I'm just now going to sleep, but I should be up around 1 o'clock if you want to play.

If you can't play today, we can play Friday night or during the day on Saturday. Let me know.

I'm gonna be pretty busy tomorrow so I'd like to knock it out ASAP.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Could you kick off at like 5pm eastern today? I want to watch the Bama/Texas game tonight and I won't be around much at all tomorrow...If not I could play really any time saturday from 8a - 7or 8p

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Please tell me you made my bye week for either week 3 or 4. (y)

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Crud.

I can already tell you I'm probably not going to be here for a user game as week3 was one of those I had counted into my not going to be in town weeks. Only way would be if we advance 1/12 and Yella can play that night or the 19th when I've returned home.

Damn. I think I'm fucked. :(

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We'll wait for your guys' game.

Give me a break. The schedules were fucking horrible. Not much I could do.

Troy, that's perfect. I can start even earlier if you'd like to just let me know. Earlier the better.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You should let Jman and Riptides to the schedules next year.

I'll be leaving work in 30 minutes ish...all depends on how long it takes me to get home, could be 30 minutes, could be an hour....

8. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Since thats exactly what I was saying Troy, right on (y) lol

Murk, I was just stating it, I knew it likely wouldn't work out...I just hoped it would since I had the damn internet outtage debacle that cost me last year lol, that, and I honestly just felt like messing with you in a WAY less serious than some of the others apparently took it.

Shit happens, I'll deal and move on...I hope you know I wouldn't throw a legit hissy fit about something like that lol.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No, I know you aren't. I'm just saying there wasn't much I could do, everybody has conference games on other peoples open dates so it was tough. If all else fails we'll have someone play your games for you.

10. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Wow, I have an FCS opponent. Can I have a 1-game exemption from the running up the score rule?! :)

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol sorry if anyone got FCS schools

The scheduling was so tough that I just flat out forgot about the FCS schools, and the BYE weeks.

I did make sure everyone had 12 games though. (CPU could've messed this up though)

Just play your subs the entire game. I usually play my starters one possession each. Playing your subs will help their ratings go up and avoid injuries to the starters (Dr.Obvious)

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue is able to hold off Arizona in a defensive game.

Arizona went up 7-0 early after an intercepted pitch for TD, but wasn't able to get much going late in the 3rd quarter. After a 50 yard INT return for TD on a screen pass mid way through the fourth the game was all but over.

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Purdue 0 7 7 14 28
    Arizona 7 0 7 7 21

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-TaC3QDKao&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_-TaC3QDKao&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]​

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I got my shit in....It was ugly....

Murk Ill get my preview and summary up in a second. I need the game on and in front of me for that stuff ya know. Oh and my bad on the extra cuts, i def spaced out a bit.

14. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Today we open Against Rutgers.Now coming into this game i knew they had a great front 7 but damn.We rushed the ball about 30 times but it felt like 50.Every yard we got we Had claw for.We also found out that last season MCL tear really slowed down Humphrey he couldnt get to the holes fast enough,And backup Alexander is no breath of fresh air either,So i guess we'll try to upgrade through recruits.

Defensively We gave up alot of big plays to screen passes and with tthat RB being the beast that he is,we looked horrible.Theres alot of Question marks for this team right now and thats not a good thing because we have to take a trip to play a tough Boilermakers team next week.If we cant get the run game going we will lose and lose big.Oh and yeah we lost our starting TE for a week most likely wont start or play next week.

Score:30-14 Zips

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Hey, if Colorado and Tulsa play tonight can you play tonight after I advance?

I'm flying tomorrow...

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

A very sloppy game, at least to start. Ten total turnovers. UCLA starting QB Richard Brehaut ends up getting benched after his 3rd INT, finishing 2 of 8 for 21 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT. True freshman Adam Brown comes in and settles things down, finishing 13 of 20 for 181 yards and 2 TD's. HB James Gunn runs for 122 yards on 20 carries (most coming in 4th quarter) and 3 TD's. The UCLA defense stepped up and forced 7 turnovers, including 5 interceptions. Preseason All-American Chris Yancey ends the game with 6 tackes, 1 TFL, 2 INT's, and a forced fumble.

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Auburn 0 14 0 0 14
    UCLA 0 0 10 14 38

Will Brehaut regain his starting job as the team travels to take on Southern Miss? Tune in and see in what will most likely be the Game of the Week!

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yo were these sliders our normal ones?

Hardy was getting chased down from behind by DE's. He was runnin in slo motion just getting to the holes. Just seemed different.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No, they are exactly the same.

I'm willing to change them to these..less extreme, more like a ranked game..

from the Duece:
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 30 40
    Pass Block 55 45
    WR Catching 40 40
    RB Ability 40 55
    Run Blocking 45 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 40 55
    Pass Rush 45 45
    Interceptions 30 40
    Rush Defense 45 55
    Tackling 45 55
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 40 50
    FG Accuracy 45 50
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 45 55
    Kickoff Power 50 55

If there are no objections, let me know and I'll change them..
    Currently Pass Block is on 0, and DEs are running through the inside should of my tackles untouched.

19. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

DITTO!

And the turnover bug follows coach riptides from Ball St. to Auburn. After one game his squad is already negative 4 in TO margin.

20. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I don't know much about sliders but it just seems my RB's every year are running in mud. My RB's seem quicker in offline games than they are in the online dynasty.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Hey highyella,

We changed my flight to tomorrow because there is a huge delay in Atlanta..

I can play today, but I'm going to sleep right now. I'll be up again around 2, and hopefully york and jman have played by then. We'll see, it'll probably be afterwards.

Anyway, can you play sometime today? lol I decided to just stay up all night and sleep the flight, now I'm fucked!

22. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

My back felt like he had 0 acceleration in my game ,but i thought it was because he had a complete MCL tear last season,Because torrence didnt Feel slow at all and its the same sliders so i dunno.

23. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

If there game is in,I can play anytime.Once i see its advanced ill try to get on.

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas Tech gashes #11 WVU in the season opener @ Lubbock. The game was never really close. Tech's defense was swarming around WVU's anemic offense. The Mountaineers showed once again that preseason rankings are flawed as WVU was obviously not a top 11 program. Tech went into halftime with a 24-3 lead and never looked back. WVU's only touchdown came on a Fumble Recovery for a TD halfway through the 4th quarter when Tech's backups were in. Tech kept WVU's offense out of the endzone, and only allowed two FGs. Tech's Junior QB Kellen Harris had the type of day Mike Leach would be proud of... completing 75% of his passes and tossing 4TDs (to 4 different WRs) with no INTs. True Freshman WR Cheech Charles had a huge game as (RS)Senior WR Eric Ward left due to injury.

Final Score: TTU 45 WVU 13

K. Harris: 36/48 443yd 4TD 0INT

C. Charles 11REC 153yd 1TD
    E. Ward 9REC 107yd 1TD
    A. Fisher 5REC 39yd 1TD
    M. White 5REC 69yd 1TD

Texas Tech plays Coach Max's old rival Houston next week. Should be an interesting match-up. :D

25. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

USM 24 - USC 17​

Well.....it wasn't pretty. In fact it was pretty FUGLY! How about I start off with my All World TB. Mr Kardy fumbled 4 times. Lost 3! 15 Att for 62 yards and ZERO broken tackles. Hardy got benched!

My QB, inaccurate all damn day. He missed wide open people and threw two awful balls that got picked. He went 11 for 23 for 75 yards. He got benched too! The backup came in and on his second pas attempt, completed a 80 yard TD pass to Assad. Assad btw, only had one moe catch than drops with 2 catches.

Thank goodness for my D. Kept me in at all damn game. I was able to force 4 ints, and 3 FF and 2 were recovered. I have to give alot of credit to the USC A+ defense for giving me fits. I had flashbacks of last year for sure, but we pulled it out.

There will be alot of time spent on the practice field, with my next 3 games coming against VERY QUALITY teams! UCLA is next up, with Texas Tech around the corner.

Assistant coach Ike was very brief with reporters....