Week 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 13, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @12:30PM EST

=============== #19 UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins will host Ole Miss (0-0).
    =============== #6 Cal Golden Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #21 Ohio State (0-0).
    =============== #12 Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers will host North Carolina (0-0).
    =============== #16 Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes will host Louisville (0-0).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host Syracuse (0-0).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cougars travel to Iowa City to face the #18 Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0).
    =============== #17 Colorado Buffaloes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buffaloes will host Colorado State (0-0).
    =============== #8 Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-0).

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Iowa 31
    WSU 17

Washington State had oppurtunities at the end of the game to tie it up, but after falling two yards short of the endzone had to give the ball back to the Hawkeyes. Iowa's running back takes the next handoff 98 yards for a TD, game over Cougs.

This team has potential to win, but there are a lot of very noticeable flaws in both the offense and defense.

The Freshmen QB had a relatively poor outing completing 17 of 48 passes for 375 yards, 1 TD and 3 INTs. 7 drops were recorded in the stat books by our receivers, but there was atleast double that. Hopefully this doesn't happen all season or else we won't be able to compete with anybody.

Just a poor performance by both sides of the ball..

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

xbox froze on me twice. got a sim loss to start the season. hopefully this isnt a sign to come with my xbox.

4. IrishBearcat

Have you downloaded the game to your hard-drive? The disc never has to spin if you do this.. it's much more forgiving in terms of wear and tear on the xbox as well.

5. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

i cant remember, i will have to check when i get home tomorrow

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

My NCAA won't play on anyone else's console because wear and tear...It only works on mine because its on my harddrive..

7. IrishBearcat

So bored at work and can't wait to delve into my team tonight! Looks like we'll be getting to week 2 at some point tonight as well with my game being last.

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 37
    Colorado St. 0

Colorado pulls out a big rivalry win to open up the season. Colorado St. looked outmatched the entire game and just could never get anything going on offense. The Buffaloes spent the entire game trying to figure out who they were, and what they could do this year. Unfortunately, they still don't know. Stevie Dorman looked pretty good in his first start throwing for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns, but still has a lot of room for improvement. Rashad Hall rushed for 81 yards and a touchdown, and he'll continue to get better. Defensively, the Buffaloes looked pretty good, but still have a lot of work. Special Teams was the only true Plus the team had today.

9. IrishBearcat

4/6 users lost their week 1 games so far.. OUCH!

Fuzzy and myself are left.. hopefully fate is not as harsh as it has been on the masses. :confused:

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

My game was insane. Louisville was total cheese and I had no chance. I saved one video of what I would call the craziest option pitch I have ever seen from the CPU. They also completed three hail Mary jump balls. Worst of all, when I was on offense, I would make a quick read off an olb or cb blitz and quick throw and THREE times, a fat DE made an immediate leaping one handed palming INT and even scored once. Overall I thought Cox was pretty accurate throwing and the cardinals made crazy plays on the ball. One time I had a free play on an offsides and launched it up and a wide open Johnson let it go right off his hands. Today was not my day. I did manage some turnovers and my special teams is still nuts but there was no way to win this game

11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Im not even sure what a happened in my loss to the Cuse'. My D couldn't stop the run to save our lives and Idk how many times my safeties didnt get their depth and gave up a big play over the top. On offense my recievers dropped 9 freaking passes, which is unacceptable. For the first time we had sold QB play. Had it not been for the 9 drops and two late interceptions as I was desperately trying to put points on the board my starter would have had a solid game. My lone bright spot was the play of my JUCO transfer CB Jay Russell who had 2 int's one of which he took back 101 yards. This kid is definitely shut down! He always is making a play on the ball, he's a stud man!

12. IrishBearcat

Over 50 pass attempts + your offensive line = NOT GOOD

I know it's tough to stick to the run with your offensive line, but you need to get the ratio closer to a 50/50 split of passing and running. If you can achieve that, simply the ability to shorten the game should make your team much more competitive.

13. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    CAL SNEAKS IN FRONT OF BUCKEYES
    [​IMG]
    FS William Stevens intercepts QB Sam Treangen and scores on a 101 yard return
    [​IMG]
    * ^Click Image to view full size^ *​
    The reigning National Champions began their season at home against the #21 Ohio State Buckeyes. Cal lost the toss, and OSU decided to defer to the second half. California fumbled on their first drive which setup a Treangen TD pass to Buckeyes WR Devin Smith. Ohio State's defense was continuing to play well and forced a 3-and-out. Treangen drove his team inside the redzone but forced an interception to FS William Stevens who returned it 101 yards for a game-tieing touchdown! Game tied at 7-7 at the end of the first.
    RB Brandon Bigelow scored the only points of the 2nd quarter on a toss play that led to a 94 yard touchdown. Bigelow got to the outside and really showed off his speed. Treangen had an awful second quarter tossing another interception to FS Williams, and 2 more to CB Jordan Moore and SS Julian Robinson. OSU entered halftime down 7-14 and committing 4 first half turnovers.
    The third quarter the Buckeyes began to turn the tide in their favor. Ohio State put together an impressive drive and Treangen rebound by hitting TE Jeff Heuerman on a 29 yard touchdown pass to tie the ball game. The Bucks defense was continuing to play stout and really causing a lot of havoc for Cal's passing game. Tie ball game at the end of the third quarter.
    The Golden Bear offense began to heat up. Bigelow was really beginning to catch rhythm and started to break off some nice runs. He racked up 171 yards on the day and added his 2nd touchdown run in the 4th quarter to give Cal the lead. Cal added another field goal, and up 24-14 the game looked pretty close to being over. Ohio State would rally down the field capping off the drive on a WR screen for 37 yards to WR Tony Guillory. Only down a field goal the Buckeyes were in position to upset Cal. OSU's defense was worn down and gave up too many first downs. Cal won 24-21 in Berkeley.
    UP NEXT: HOUSTON