Week 1 - Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Feb 17, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 1 - Season 6

Hard Advance for Thursday/Friday night

Week 1 - Season 6
    Welcome to Season 6! The season opener will prove to be a great one! There are three rivalry games featuring Purdue, Iowa, and Colorado. A top 10 match up between Texas Tech and future Big 12 member, Tulsa. Both of the coaches remember each other quite well from their days playing each other in the C USA.

Good luck!

National Broadcast
    #19 Purdue @ #25 Notre Dame
    #6 Tulsa @ #5 Texas Tech
    Cal @ #16 Utah
    #12 Wisconsin @ BYU

Regional Broadcast
    Iowa @ Iowa State
    Colorado @ Colorado State

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

come on Purdue boost that ranking up a lil more for the Aggies

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

hey colorado is ranked!!!!

4. KnightNoles

I like how the 2 of 3 preseason programs have listed A&M under big games and I dont have a clue about my team.. lol

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ill tell you about your team. Its the second best user team in the dynasty... and what did you do to earn it? Nothing. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT FAIR ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !!!! !!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Is the only remaining game the user game? Sounds like that one might get in tonight, so we can move forward to week 2 and the decimation of UCLA by Ohio State.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Damn Max, tell us how you really feel....ha ha. Noles is a gravy training.. :)

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm at work. I'm assuming washington has a bye this week

9. KnightNoles

Hey I just picked from the list of teams.... I asked if there were any other teams or conferences like the MAC or USA and I would have taken UK..

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue over Notre Dame, 43-30

Five lead changes in the fourth quarter, and Purdue was just lucky enough to score the game winning TD with 16 seconds left after giving up the lead less than a minute before.

Not redshirting Mike Pace, Mike Ellison, and Dusty Oliver proved to be crucial in this game as the three combined for 437 total yards.

The Purdue defense was shred to pieces by a former recruit Coach K went after hard while he was at Central Michigan - redshirt Junior Brady Wynn.

Wynn was supposed to be the missing piece to the puzzle after LeFevour graduated, and he would have started all four years. It's a shame.

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Pur 7 7 7 22 43
    ND 10 3 13 14 40

Offensive PotG - :RS:So QB TJ Smith
    192.9 - 22 of 32 for 316 yards, 4 TDs

Defensive PotG - :RS:Sr MLB David Harris
    7 tackles (2 TFL), INT

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Wisco walks into Provo and just shuts everything down. Ill be the first to admit, I did not know my defense was that good. My D-line was nasty, my backers are fast, and my secondary is very very big! I had BYU shut out hmid way through the third.

Offensively...the QB is a huuuge playmaker and the TE seems to be his favorite target. The O-Line was opening up holes the size of Kim K's ass...(thats big btw) I thought the Rbs would have been better, but with the Ill live.

Final score BYU 13 - Wisco 34

Also kinda shocked with he #12 ranking.....Thats gonna change expectation levels around State St.

12. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Looks like Max and I are going to have to play tomorrow.

I've waited as long as I can and my day is wide open to play tomorrow.

Sorry fellas!

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Ike thats whiskey not wisco. At least thats what all the people I know who are big ten fans call it. Hey we shall see how well that D plays next week. Yeah thats right I am throwing down the gauntlet. The Buffs are ready to break out and show everyone whats up in Boulder. Its gonna be broughten!!!

14. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

The Cal Bears had a costly first win at #16 Utah in week one. QB Stanley (90 overall) went down for the year with a ruptured disk. Next on the dept chart is redshirt freshman followed by two true freshman.
    Starting RB also went down in the first quarter for the rest of the game. He should be good to go in week two though.
    Starting LE is out for 5 weeks as well.
    Final Score 41-22.

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ouch! Damn thats a tough first win.

16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't know if you know about this, but you can go here

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/onlinedynasty

and check the status of a league.

I'd also like to thank the scheduling guys, I got Jman at home, then a return trip to Greenville in week 3...that's freaking awesome! :D

17. dakota7

Yeah, I posted that from my phone yesterday. That easportsworld doesn't work on my blackberrry.

Washington is ready to advance.

18. KnightNoles

sucks you dont have an iPhone, they have an app for that.. lol

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I was waitin for this.....Actually to the folks here in the, uhhh i dont know....STATE...its Wisco....Whiskey is what drunk drunk college kids call it cuz they think it sounds cool.

And Ill be ready for "ta tonka" ...Its gonna be a scene just out of Dances With Wolves!....:D

Im just glad you started the trash talking, cuz now I can smash you! :D

Well be there soon enough...You better be ready to advance tonight!

20. dakota7

I've never heard it called whiskey before.

21. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

TT wins 38-31 in OT on a fumble by my stud FB...I was gonna go for two as well lol.

Worth the wait! GG Max...but your still a dick!

22. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Thats cuz your from Wisconsin....(y)

23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

JMan and I got our game in. Apologies to the dynasty... that hold-up was my fault. Anyway, our game was epic! Early nominee for Game of the Year. These two top5 squads couldnt settle it in regulation and had to take it to overtime to decide the winner. This game had 9 lead changes before it ended knotted at 31-31. It was supposed to be TTU's Air-Attack vs. Tulsa's infamous ground game, and it was, but the real storyline was about how they responded. Every time I made a play, he made a play... on both sides of the ball...
    Most importantly though, every time one team scored, the other coach always had an answer. This back and forth type of game left us with OT.

Tulsa won the toss and put his defense out on the field first. Coach Max figured Tulsa would come out and key on Charles or Harris, so the Red Raiders went to the ground. A costly facemask penalty on Rutledge set TTU up with a 1st and Goal which they punched in for 6. It was now Tulsa' turn. Coach Max had his eyes on Horner the entire time, who had an amazing day and was absolutely gashing TTU's defense running on the edges, so imagine the surprise when Tulsa's FB took it up the gut. One player on TTU's defense wasnt surprised however, and that was MLB Stephen Randall. Randall, who is supposed to be stepping up to fill Chidozie's shoes from last year, ripped the ball out of FB Andre Bray's hands. The loose ball bounced right into the hands of big Andrew Johnson who scooped it up and hit the deck sealing a huge Tech win.

Stats and Vids to come...

PotG

J. Horner
    29ATT 272yd 2TD

K. Harris
    16/28 318yd 4TD

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Not bad....CANE.....Advance please.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

york, go ahead and start a new thread when you advance..

I will be "out of commission"