Week 1 Season 6

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Mar 1, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    "Fuck famous, let's get LEGENDARY!"
    [​IMG]
    Advance Max: Friday @10PM EST
    WHAT HAS TO BE COMPLETED TO ADVANCE TO WEEK 2:​
    1. All games must be completed (24 hr cpu/48 user max)
    2. All game summaries must be posted​
    3. Fuzzy, Oshio, Baker, and myself need to finish up our stuff. (Good job everyone else)
    4. Some category 1 content (Heisman Watch, Power Rankings, others applicable for week 1) should be started.​
    5. Please use GAME SCHEDULING forum as directed. Team threads go in game summaries. Thanks.
    THANK YOU for you cooperation, you guys have been awesome as usual! Let's keep it up.​

Without out further ado... SEASON SIX
    =============== UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins will host #3 Alabama (0-0).
    =============== #13 Cal Golden Bears (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Illinois (0-0).
    =============== #11 Oregon State Beavers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Beavers travel to Baton Rouge to face the #2 LSU Tigers (0-0).
    =============== Utah Utes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Utes will host #16 Boise State (0-0).
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wildcats will host Ball State (0-0).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cougars will host FCS Northwest .
    =============== #23 Colorado Buffaloes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buffaloes will host #7 Florida State (0-0).
    =============== #6 Washington Huskies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Huskies will host #15 Texas (0-0).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Like a Boss

3. IrishBearcat

Will we see the return of "Ball so hard" or.. will this be another Bieber-Fever type season? :D

4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 48 - LSU 38

LSU started off slow but battled back all game and made it a game in the 2nd half. I decided to roll with my same style of offense from last year. With only 6 WR's on my team I do not have the depth to use a no huddle (in the event a WR gets injured). Playing #2 team in the nation I knew I was going to be in for a battle. I was able to get my running game going. I really enjoy this FB I have. He was a 1 star three season ago and now has developed into a solid JR FB rushing for 69 yards. FB Brown even saw some time at tailback. I made it a goal of mine to spread the ball around to several receivers and I succeeded with that goal. Both LSU's and OSU's QBs had solid games.

This game was a strong test for my defense. They gave up some big plays on the day but its the first game of the season so no need to hit the reset button on the defensive side of the ball. SS Gibson added another INT to his career resume'.

Hopefully with this big recruiting class I will have this year, I am hoping to fill/add depth to my team and make a run for the national title in a few years. This was a huge victory against LSU with Louisiana being a pipeline state.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Never a doubt
    Utes plow through Broncos 31-10

New OC Josh Reed came in with a gameplan and that was to wear down the Bronco defense on the ground. In fact, by the end of the first quarter, the Utes were just into their second drive of the game with a 3-0 lead and still had not gone to the air. Traditionally, a run first team enjoys short efficient passes but when Nixon took to the air, he was nothing but conservative. With just 2 incompletions on the day, one of which was intercepted as a WR fell down and the other was a recorded drop. All 4 WRs caught a pass and Sisk went for 51 yards. Each of the 3 HBs had between 10-15 carries as Buckley was forced to the sideline 2 seperate times. His toughness is becoming a concern but the rotation will help him out. Pettit got the most attempts and had a nice day going 15 for 77. Buckley ended with 14 for 44. DeLoach was a nice surprise with 10 carries for 78 yards. Each of the three ran for a score while Buckley also caught a dump off for a TD.

Defense got bent but they stood tough. The only Boise St TD came on a blown coverage that could have should have never happened. Bednarik award winner Derron Kiniry snagged an INT in the endzone to save a touchdown. The pick was the only turnover for BSU. Garcia and Sands each recorded an amazing 3 sacks to open the year.

a great way to start the season. 1-0!

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [Freshman QB #5 Joe Hunt]
    QB Debate
    Both QBs played extremely well today, but Todd showed star potential and his dual threat capability. Hunt did not hurt his chances at being a future starter for the Cougs someday, but there will have to be more development in his passing game. Right now, we know we can trust Tim Todd throwing the ball and we actually won't have to rely on him carrying the ball too often. Todd was 7 of 10 throwing the ball for 124 yards and a TD, where Hunt was just 0 for 1 getting hit as he released showing he's not as comfortable in the pocket.​
    Big Daddy Jenkins
    The Sophomore FB transferred all the way from Monroe, GA coming in at 78 overall. Without this guy there would be no Option Run offense for the Cougs, he is the prototype for what we'll be looking for in FBs to come, and he proved his worth today out on the football field. He had only 9 carries for 34 yards, but he also rushed for a TD and caught the teams only passing TD for 12 yards.​
    Running Back Trio
    Juniors #22 Jeff Cutler, #35 Jon Pettway, and #24 Shane Campbell are going to be a tough group for teams to stop. Cutler only rushed 3 times for 54 yards and a TD before getting replaced in favor of Campbell. Campbell has speed to burn and we'll look to give him the ball a lot more and maybe bump him up in front of Pettway as the season goes on. He displayed his first chance on punt return cribbing the punt for a 78 yard TD.​
    Washington State wins big over FCS NW 48-7
    Washington State showed that they have a lot of ways to attack a defense and there wasn't much FCS NW could do to stop them. When they did muster up a stop, Senior Punter Thomas McDuffie pinned them inside the 20 which the defense was able to take advantage of. MLB Khalif Sanders recorded 2 interceptions when the FCS NW offense had their backs against the wall, and he returned one of them a TD. Sanders played excellent in the second half, also adding a FF and 7 tackles.​
    The lone FCS NW TD came through the air on a 14 yard TD pass, we were okay with giving up some, and expect the defense to get better as the seasons goes along. Not a bad day when your defense forces 5 turnovers, and the offense is 4-4 with TDs in the redzone.​

• Like Like x 1
  7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Summary coming soon

8. IrishBearcat

I'm going to knock out my Preview and Pre-Season Survey tomorrow. I've tinkered around with my team enough that I can do a solid preview now, and I'm still deciding on a playbook tomorrow. I'll have it all done by 3 PM EST before I head into work. Good job on the summaries guys, I'd like to see some more PICTURES and COLOR though! Murk did a great job.

9. IrishBearcat

Solid progress already on this week. 6/8 games played, and 3/8 game summaries finished. We also need to fuzzy and myself to catch up on the previews and pre-season thread. AN initial power rankings and heisman watch threads need to be created too.

10. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 20
    Florida St. 17

Colorado pulls out a win in the 1st game of the season on a last second field goal. The Buffaloes started the game off down 14-0, and didn't take their first lead until 0:00 was left on the clock. Florida St. had no problems on their first possession, going right down the field and scoring. Colorado had a good drive going on their first drive, but eventually threw a red zone pick that was tipped at the line of scrimmage. FSU would capitalize and go up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter. Colorado would finally get on the board with a touchdown to cut the lead, and followed it up with a FG to go in the half 14-10. Colorado would start the 2nd half with a missed field goal and FSU would make their FG to go into the 4th quarter. Colorado would finally get something going and pick up a long touchdown pass after the CB missed his bump on a bump and run man blitz. Colorado would come up with a huge stop, and get the ball back with 3 minutes. They would get down the field, but would stop at the 34 yard line after the RB was stopped in the backfield on a 3rd and 1 play. Colorado would run the clock and kick the game winning fg to pull out a huge win at home to start the season off.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Apparently you can not* download video files from easports . com anymore? I'm talking about the videos you save and upload, I was going to make a highlight but I guess not.

edit: can NOT

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

My summary is coming after I get home tonight. It was a very thrilling game, even tho it was the CPU. Texas played me tough.

13. IrishBearcat

Weird, haven't done it in awhile since I have the old-school hard drive. I wonder what's up.

fuzzyl0gic - BakerWildcat7 - -Cougars- left for game summaries.

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA upsets #3 Alabama on their first game debut 28-21. It was a good game all around for both teams. I thought Bama was going to run all over us after they went for a 58 yard TD run from their first play of scrimmage. UCLA's offense just couldn't find a rhythm early and went down 14-0 pretty early in the game. The Bruins finally found a way to drive down the field but weren't able to put any points on the board. They stopped Bama on their drive and UCLA went down to score a TD to put the score at 14-10. UCLA found a rhythm on defense and stopped Bama again and UCLA drove down and put three points on the board. But before halftime Bama threw up a lucky pass to put them up at the half. After that UCLA played lights out defense and were able to put up 14 second half points to win the game.

15. IrishBearcat

#13[​IMG]VS[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brenton's Explosiveness Powers Golden Bears to Victory

To open the season #13 California hosted the Fighting Illini, an unfamiliar Big 10 opponent. California began the season with the football. A drive that featured slot WR Nick Green moving the chains three times ended in a field goal. Illinois and Cal both traded punts, but the Golden Bear punting unit downed the football inside the five. OLB Marcus Jackson came crashing threw the line and forced a safety. Up 5-0 the Golden Bears received the ball and capped off a drive on a 36 yard strike down the middle of the field deep to TE David Frederick. Cal led 12-0 at the end of the first.
    RB Shaun Young was running hard but not breaking off many big runs. Backup RB Brenton Smith began to be worked into the game. On his first carry of contest he drove right up the gut for a 79 yard touchdown run. The crowd was electric in the wet weather as Cal went up 19-0. After forcing another punt on defense, Cal began driving. Brenton took another carry from the 12 yard line for a touchdown to give the team a 26-0 lead. The Cal defense looked very impressive after coming off a season where the defense was one of the worst in the entire conference. The defense played the Illini tough in the first half as the Golden Bears entered halftime up 26-7.​
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT F
    [​IMG]California 12 14 0 14 - 40
    [​IMG]Illinois 0 7 0 7 - 14

The second half each the defenses tightened up. Smith broke another touchdown run on an 80 yard play where he should off his speed once he got to the second level. Young punched in a touchdown in the fourth quarter as well. Illinois scored once Cal sat the starters on defense. Cal's 40-14 victory was powered by the Cal rushing attack.​
    RB Shaun Young - 19 Car, 121 Yds, 1 TD
    RB Brenton Smith - 7 Car, 180 Yds, 3 TD
    UP NEXT: #1 Auburn

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  16. fuzzyl0gic

IrishBearcat are we advancing soon? I'm itching to play my week 2 game, doing my game summary now.

17. IrishBearcat

You can't be itching THAT bad, or your summary would've been up LONG ago! :)

Get your summary done and we'll talk.

18. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]
    Week 1
    24 Fourth Quarter Points Fuel Huskies Past The Longhorns
    [​IMG]
    The first quarter began with the Huskies receiving the ball first. They were quickly force to punt after a three-and-out, and Texas drove right down the field. They ended the drive with a 20 yd TD pass to Williams. On the ensuing kick-off, a new face at kick returner (Lee Jenkins) made a big splash with a 98 yard return for a TD to even up the score.
    Texas drove down the field methodically yet again. Stover ran the ball in for a 4 yard TD to complete the drive. Davis threw his first INT of the game on the next drive, and after the defense forced a punt, he tossed yet another one. Luckily these two INTS would be it for the game, as the anxious new QB settled down. On Texas' last posses ion, sophomore FS Nate Jones made a spectacular grab and took it to the house for a 46 yard TD return. 14-14 going into the half.
    Both teams would trade FGs in the third quarter, making it a 17-17 game going into the fourth. The Huskies got on the board quickly with a 5 yard fade route to WR James Moore for a TD. Texas responded with a TD and a FG, making it a 27-24 Texas lead. Junior Trevor Haley stepped in on second down, and broke a run for an 81 yard TD, putting the Huskies back on top. QB Brian Fine made an unbelievable play for Texas on their next drive, evading defenders on a option keep for a 69 yard TD, making it 34-31 Texas. Washington was held to a FG on their next drive, tying the game up. Texas was forced to punt, and Davis found WR John McNamara wide open on the next drive to the tune of a 46 yard TD pass. With only 12 seconds left, Texas was not able to respond. The Huskies clinch the win 41-34, and host Boston College next week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  19. fuzzyl0gic

Done.

20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Arizona 41
    Ball St. 17

The Wildcats started off the 2016 season off with a bang, beating the "Fighting Letterman's" of Ball St convincingly to the tune a 41-17 score. Senior QB Corey Mitchell was unstoppable, throwing for 355 yds and 4 tds. Mitchell seemed to know what the Cardinals were running before they did. On the recieving end of alot of those passes was WR Youdlain Evans who finished the game with 5 rec, 186 yds and 2 td's including a massive 94 yard score. On defense freshman FS Jerome Flanagan had quite the coming out party, picking off Ball St. twice. The Cats' will look to avenge last season's loss when the Syracuse Orangemen come to town next week.