Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Jun 14, 2010.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Week 1 Summaries

Post Your Week 1 Game Summaries here!

2. indyballin22

indyballin22 Walk On

Guess EA is still fixing dynasty wire...i posted stuff on their but in the game it says "dynasty wire currently unavailable"..oh well

The Blazers open the 2010 season in disappointing fashion at Mississippi State. Turnovers and missed opportunities are to be blamed for the most part. The bulldogs opened the game with a touchdown on their first possession. Then the Blazers turned on the defense. The Blazers D got a few consecutive stops and started to gain confidence in Starkville. In the 2nd Quarter the Blazer got a field goal and then capitalized on a botched pitch on an option play that was returned for a touchdown. The Blazers had a 10-7 lead and the ball with under two minutes to go in the half. However, an errant pass with 1:07 left was taken to the house for a touchdown. The Bulldogs would also score with 1 second left in the half to cripple the Blazers. They would never be able to recover. They had opportunities but dropped passed and an interception in the second half would plague the Blazers. The wide outs for the Blazers combined for 10 dropped passes. The run game was never able to get on track against a tuff front line and line backing group for the Bulldogs. The Blazers will try to get on track next week in their Conference USA opener at Southern Methodist.

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Wyomings season opened up in utter dismay as Shit "1st team" vs Piss "2nd team" squared off in what fans thought was going to be a blow out. Well Piss on that as the
    2nd team tore the first team apart. We asked coach welchel is there any cause for concer and his reply was simple "does a bear shit in the woods?" Well Samuels had a great day throwing the ball 12-18 176yds and 2 tds but fumbled oncend threw 1 pic. We have alot of work to be done next week isnt going to be an easy one.

4. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Tailspin
    Winning is something that the 0-1 Bulldogs are not accustomed to.

[​IMG]

Very bad way to start out the '10 campaign as La Tech takes an old fashioned ass whoopin' from Navy. Don't know how. Even without Ricky Dobbs, Navy managed to get the victory. La Tech HC had this to say, "we have to practice 10x harder this next week to prepare for our opponent. I won't accept this kind of result. We are going to change our scheme because throwing 42 times just didn't cut it. We have to establish some kind of run game as well." Ross Jenkins is set to take back the QB position. Other changes include Lennon Creer taking the starting RB position with Tyrone Duplessis hitting the pine. Score probably should have been 14-0 as Navy took back a 92 yard fumble and an 80 yard interception for scores. We also were dominated in the time of possession category 13:54 to 20:09.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Tough Opening Loss for the Aggies

SR QB Diondre Borel and the Utah St Aggies could'nt keep up with UCF in the 28-10

[​IMG]
    Senior QB Diondre Borel will need to produce in order for the Aggies to have a winning season.

DYNASTY WIRE PICKS AND VIDS HERE!

The Utah St Aggies (0-1,0-0) lost their home opener to UCF with lack of offense and defense. The Aggies were only able to push across 10 points and 274 total yards.

SR QB Diondre Borel was 11 for 22 with 154 yards 1 TD passing and had 12 carries for 21 yards. RB Robert turbin only had 9 carries for 30 yards. The receiving core was led by Austin Alder who caught 3 passes for 74 yards with a TD.

The defense was led by LB Bobby Wagner who had 4 tackles with 1 FF.

The Utah State Aggies (0-1,0-0) will look to rebound against Rice in Week #2.

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Rice Falls to Texas.

Rice Had the chances but let them slip through..

We know what we need to work on when we face Utah State next week.

Team Star Sam McGuffie is out for the week with a banged up ankle.

7. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

[size=+3]The Aztecs Stumble out of the Gate[/size]

[​IMG]

Coach Big Bear's debut was marred by a 40 - 30 loss to the humble New Mexico State Aggies. Said the coach; "Everyone felt we needed to beat teams like NMSU - but I guess we are the low hanging fruit that everyone is counting on beating."

A tight game throughout, the Aztec defense could not stop the Aggies on the ground or through the air. SDSU looked decent on offense, breaking some big plays, but missed field goals and missed extra points did not help.

There is no doubt that the killer was missed tackles on defense. Coach Bear prides himself on having strong defensive teams, he certainly has his work cut out for him.

Another setback, and serving to dampen any wimper of Heisman hype, QB Ryan Lindley threw four interceptions, he also missed on several throws to wide open receivers even though he clearly was not trying anything fancy with the touch on those passes. "I just pulled the trigger, let them rip, I wasn't trying to lead them or throw them high, they just sailed on me". Observers noted that this wasnt an issue of timing, Lindley was just plain innaccurate.

The Aztecs will have to gear up for another tough match next week in UCF. Then again, it looks at this stage like every week will be a tough one for the Aztecs.

[​IMG]

8. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I couldn't type my story into Dynasty Wire... hasn't worked for me for days...

If you have a chance check out my highlights... the Romeo Horn fumble recovery for a TD is cool - he actually reaches out to first bat down the pitch and then he scoops and scores. It was a cool animantion - no user action, so I'm not taking credit!

9. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Nevada survives near disaster in Salt lake City Utah

This game started off with Nevada not knowing what to expect, Utah came out with their guns blazing! A simple 5 yard pass would turn into 20-30 yards after breaking 2-3 tackles. It seemed nearly impossible to stop the Utah passing attack.

Offensively turnovers didn't help at all. A fumble on the opponents 3 yard line really gave coach Jvigorous some major concerns. Now being down 24-an interception on the opponents 45 hard line really caused for drastic measures, . Since the Utah defensive line seemed to be in our backfield constantly the Wolfpack focused on countering the aggressive defense of Utah. It paid off big with a 32 yard pass to Brandon Wimberly with 33 seconds left. Normally known as a juggernaut power running offense, Nevada relied heavily on their passing attack to barely come out with the win.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int
    Colin Kaepernick 20 9 265 4 1
    Tyler Lantrip 1 1 15 0 0

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Rushing ATT Yards TD Long
    Vai Taua 13 57 0 51
    Colin Kaepernick 8 36 0 14
    Lampford Mark 3 3 0 3

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Receiving Catches Yards TD Long
    Tray Session 3 108 2 70
    Chris Wellington 2 74 1 63
    Brandon Wimberly 2 43 1 32
    Virgil Green 2 34 0 19
    Vai Taua 1 21 0 21

10. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]
    University of Central Florida
    [​IMG]

Scoring Summary
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Final
    Utah State 0 3 7 0 0 10
    UCF 14 7 0 7 0 28

Game Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Utah State Teams UCF
    11 First Downs 17
    209 Offensive Yds 372
    22-42-0 Rush Att/Yds/TD 31-243-3
    12-23-1 Comp/Att/TD 9-11-1
    167 Passing Yds 129
    5-11 3rd Down 3-4
    0-1 4th Down 0-0
    0-0 2 Point 0-0
    1-0-1 Red Zone Att TD/FG 2-2-0
    0 Turnovers 1
    0 Fumbles Lost 1
    0 Interceptions 0
    0 Punt Return Yds 17
    65 Kick Return Yds 36
    274 Total Yds 425
    4-45 Punts 1-40
    0-0 Penalties 1-9
    15:11 T.O.P 17:22

Game Summary
    UCF opened the season on a positive note.Establishing Harvey was big in calming the early season nerves.After taking a 21-3 lead into half the Knights were able to play field position in the second half.Utah St played tough but couldn't find a break here or there to open things up.With a tough schedule coming up the Knights need to get to the drawing board for some improvement.
    Player of the Game
    [​IMG]

Brynn Harvey
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Carries Yards TD
    23 202 2

Highlights
    http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system&_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$001fa711520f_16598_6A135D1E&dynid=91544&sku=661A0001&sid=0&wknum=0

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Rivalry repeated

Colorado State finally finds the hammer, sinking the last nail during the third overtime - CSU 36 - CU 34

Dynasty story, pics and videos

Mike