Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by titangator, Oct 23, 2010.

1. titangator

titangator Walk On

is this required here?

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Just in case it is, the Southern Miss Golden Eagles destroy the #7 Arkansas Razorbacks 48-17. The obvious PotG was DeAndre Brown. 7 catches 286 yds and 3 TD's, all in the first 2 and a half quarters.

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

Deandre is a BEAST in real life, never played with him on this game, obviously a beast here too lol

4. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

No question summaries are required. This is Training Day.
    Just about to post mine now... was too tired last night.

AND - it is also required to save some highlights!

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

sounds good, thoguht it was, just making sure since nobody had started the thread yet.... do you know how you make videos and stuff of your games? like i know they do in some of the premier leagues..

6. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

HOUSTON SNEEKS BY THE BRUINS

[​IMG]

The Cougars struggled with the loss of Case Keenum. The Houston receiving corps is remarkable, with talent galore. It became painfully clear that those receivers are quite dependant on an accurate quarterback to deliver the ball. All three Cougar signal callers got the nod during this game, and all three struggled with bad overthrows.

[​IMG]

Luckily the trip to the Roise Bowl was not a disaster, and this was due, surprisingly, to the defensive performance of the Cougars.

Houston did not make many big plays on defense, but they did prevent the Bruins from reaching the scoreboard in a significant fashion. The most impactful impression was made when UCLA took the ball back deep in their end and looking to score a major to overcome the 3 pt defecit. Houston kept the Bruins pinned and ended the comeback attempt with a great sack.

[​IMG]

7. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

The video thing is tough... I did it alot last year with youtube and imbedding highlights, most guys dont do it now with the dynasty wire.

Photobucket is super easy and works great for imbedding images.

8. titangator

titangator Walk On

gotya... hopefully i can figure somehting out, i consider myself somewhat computer savvy, but have never really messed around with doign that stuff

9. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

me neither...
    there are threads in the main forums that explain the process.

10. titangator

titangator Walk On

will it let you post a link on here? it wont let me ever since the forums changed??

in my other dynasty i would post a link to my story on dynasty wire, but it wont let me post links anymore

11. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

[​IMG]

Coach Battle got a little too confident after a dominant first three quarters and let an overmatched FSU team who had trouble adjusting to the altitude in Colorado Springs, back into the game. Senior captain Tim Jefferson, or T-Jeff to his teammates, led the team with a flawless performance. The D was the real story here. After AFA went up 7-0 in the first quarter, on the first play of the game, they never looked back.

12. RFLAGG080

RFLAGG080 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Too lazy to crop mine all nice like bear does:pNice win Jd Air Force is for real again this year:eek:

13. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

yeah I am still trying to figure out some of the new format...

14. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

Solid win for BYU and nice job holding on JD... Air Force had to be nervous about the CPU comeback by the Noles.

15. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

No Room for Error!

The Bears lose a heartbreaker to rival TCU

The Horned Frogs barely got out of Waco with the win as they were down early against rival Baylor, but not out. Baylor would have a 20-7 at the half on the strength of 2 INTs and 2 fumble recoveries, one of which was returned for a TD. TCU though would score 17 second half points to squeak by with the 24-20 victory. TCU was led by debuting starting QB Casey Parchall, who had a great day, despite throwing 2 picks and losing a fumble. His final stats on the day: 22 of 28 passing for 376 yds, 1 TD, 2 INTs, and 47 yds rushing with 1 TD. Preseason All-American HB Matthew Tucker led the Horned Frogs on the ground with 65 yds on 20 attempts and 1 TD. 3 WRs also had great days: Antoine Hicks had 6 catches for 116 yds and 1 TD, Curtis Carter had 5 catches for 97 yds and Skye Dawson had 3 catches for 63 yds.

Next week, TCU prepares for the home opener against in-state rival Texas Tech.