Week 1 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Jul 31, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Post 'em here!!

2. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

I...I'm still in shock after what just happened. One of those games you knew was going to be wild from the get-go judging by the two teams squaring off against each other. It might take a couple of hurried prayers for a score to send you home smiling, hoping greatly they would be answered, even though there was virtually no shot of such occuring. Well...it did. Cincinnati squared off against #21 ranked Boise State in the opening game of the season, and the game ended as wildly as it began.

First quarter was all Cincinnati. Their running game was potent out of the gate, as George Winn rushed for 28 yards the opening drive of the game, setting up a 40-yard touchdown pass off of playaction from Jordan Luallen to Kenbrell Thompkins, putting Cincinnati up 7-0. After a touchback on the ensuing kickoff, Boise State managed one first down on their opening possession before being stuffed and forced to punt. Cincinnati made some progress towards the endzone on the next possession, but a 12-yard sack stalled out their drive. Cincinnati lead at the end of the quarted 7-0.

The second quarter rolled around, and Boise State was driving. D.J. Harper (who ended up being injured 3 seperate times in the game) had broken 2 runs in a row for big gains before the first quarter ended. Eventually, their slow march down the field was quashed and they were forced to kick a 31-yard field goal, making the score 3-7 Cincinnati. Once again, Cincinnati kept the ball moving, with steady gains by George Winn paving the way for a 42-yard field goal that made the score 10-3. Next possession, Boise State managed to kickstart their running game, rushing for 45 yards en-route to a 5-yard touchdown rush by D.J. Harper that made the game tied at 10. With less than 2 minutes to go in the second quarter, Cincinnati ran the two-minute offense to perfection, resulting in a 16-yard pass to Kenbrell Thompkins that made the game 17-10 Cincinnati going into the half.

The third quarter was dominated by Boise State. After a punt on their opening drive of the second half and a missed 54-yard field goal by Cincinnati, Boise State passed the ball effortlessly, the drive culminating with a Joe Southwick 14-yard pass to Kirby Moore that tied the game at 17. On the second play of the next drive, Bryan Douglas of Boise picked off a Jordan Luallen pass, threatening to shift the momentum in Boise State's favor. Luckily, big time players make big time plays, and on their second play of the ensuing drive, Solomon Tentman hammered Drew Wright, the backup Boise State running back, causing him to lose the ball and for it to be recovered by Cincinnati, preventing a huge swing in momentum. The score was tied 17-17 going into the fourth quarter.

Fourth quarter. The most important quarter in any game, especially this one. Cincinnati started the quarter off strong, with George Winn rushing for an 8-yard touchdown bringing the score to 24-17 Cincinnati and a defensive stop with roughly two and a half minutes to go that potentially sealed the game. But, as luck would have it, Cincinnati couldn't run out the clock, and Boise got the ball with 1:47 on the clock. By this time, Boise State was in the groove, and a huge 53 yard pass allowed Boise to eventually tie the score at 24 with 41 seconds left in the game. Cincinnati had one last shot to break the dead heat before overtime would ensue. First play, Luallen threw the ball away. Second play, Luallen was sacked with 31 seconds left in the game. It was here were the decision was made to run the clock down to five seconds and throw a last ditch Hail Mary. The pass was dropped by two Cincinnati receivers as time expired.....but there was a flag on the play. Roughing the passer on Boise State. Cincinnati got one more shot with no time left on the clock. This time, they didn't let the opportunity slip by. Both Thompkins and McClung beat their men off the ball, and as the ball fluttered into McClung's hands, the crowd let out a collective gasp, and immediately after, wild celebration. Cincinnati had done the unthinkable, upsetting Boise State 31-24 on the last play of the game. That's definitely one way to turn the pollster's heads.

------------------------------------------

In recruiting news, Cincinnati has already secured 3 committments. They are:

1. Pete Branch, SS, from Norwalk, OH
    2. Willie Adams, TE, from Lincoln Village, OH
    3. Darius Green, FS, from West Lafayette, IN

------------------------------------------

Side note: Is that what you were expecting for a summary? A little long, perhaps, but I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Doing my best to adhere to the sim rules, and so far it is quite entertaining!

• Like Like x 4
  3. onaradio34

You are not required to go into that much detail but that's a great write-up. I applaud the time you put into it. As the season progresses, each person will find a summary style/format that suits them. I don't want you to feel like you have to spend an hour playing the game, then another 45 minutes on the summary. Great job again, though.

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

He's making us look bad...

5. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

First summary, wasn't sure what you all were looking for :D

6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    For anyone that is curious what we're looking for in terms of summaries, look here. Browse any of those threads and you'll have an idea of the type of stuff we're looking for. If you wanna write up something like Jbbubba did, then by all means you're free to do so (great job btw).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. onaradio34

TEMPLE RUNS BY OREGON ST IN OPENER
    Late TD Seals The Victory, 27-14
    [​IMG]
    The Temple Owls got their season off on the right foot with a close escape in Beaver Stadium. Though they never trailed, Temple did need an onide kick recovery and big TD run to put the Oregon State away. Temple HB duo of Brown and Harris were the stars as they combined for 188 yards and 2 TD's on 30 carries. Harris unfortunately was lost for 3 weeks with an injury. Bad news for the Owls with National Title contender USC coming to Philadelphia next week.
    [​IMG]
    *****Gonna Take A Look at Roughing the passer setting for week 2. I had three that really could have hurt******

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Likin' the table :cool:

9. onaradio34

If you've got a PC or laptop with Snipping Tool it's easy to grab those off the dynasty wire. We used to have a sticky thread for posting pics and vids but I can't seem to find it now.

10. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

USF came out onto the field looking all too familiar. They were overlooking the decent Akron team who gave them a run for their money. Akron started the opening drive by putting together a decent series, but ultimately having to punt after a big sack by Ryne Giddens on 3rd and 5. The ensuing USF drive wasn't much of a drive at all as BJ Daniels couldn't find the touch, and Demetris Murray was tackled in the backfield on two attempts leading to a 3 and out for the Bulls. After a couple more punts, Zips QB Clayton Moore connected with Evonte Dunn for a 16 yd TD. The ensuing kickoff was returned 97 yds for a TD by Kayvon Webster, showing signs of a young Deion Sanders.

The score at the end of the first quarter was 7 -7.

The second quarter showed some more life from the BJ Daniels and company. Although Daniels wasn't a huge contributor he did find a wide open Chris Dunkley for a 54 yd TD. This was a blown coverage in the secondary, yet the pass still almost sailed. Murray later scampered down the field, and finally punched in a 1 yd TD a couple drives later. This was the only scoring effort in the second quarter after a late field goal was missed by the Bulls.

The fast paced Zips offense showed signs of dominance, but then a huge play by the USF defense would shutdown any momentum. A huge momentum swing came after the Zips were pinned deep within their 5 yard line, and a safety was let up. This left the score after the third at 23-10 (even though the dynasty wire shows otherwise....weird?).

The fourth quarter showed Akron's defensive wear, as Murray was able to scamper for some huge gains. A beautiful punt return TD by Webster was the nail in the coffin.

Final: 33-10
    =====================================================================================================
    Tampa Bay, FL -- The Bulls came into this game overconfident, to say the least. The offensive attack was almost non-existent, except for Murray's hundred yard rushing performance. "It took him [Murray] awhile to get going, especially with our passing game being that weak," Holtz snarled. He went on, "They're defense was great! Our offense was bad, but don't take anything away from that D."

Holtz praised his defense: "We gave up a couple big plays, but Giddens and the rest of the D line played near perfect! I was expecting the defensive play to be shaky out of the gate against that fast paced offense, but they were impressive!" Impressive is right! Akron ran the hurry-up offense most of the game, and QB Clayton Moore was a threat in the air and on the ground. The defensive fronts contained the Zips' accumulating 12 sacks.

The man of the hour however was none other than Kayvon Webster whom jump started the Bulls and flipped the switch on the home crowd when he returned an Akron kickoff 97 yards for a game-tyingTD. He played a tremendous Corner with 2 tackles and shutdown his opposition. Then ended all chances of a comeback with a punt return TD late in the 4th quarter.

Holtz left the interview with this quote: "Our offense is going to be spending a lot of time on the practice field this week. We have a tough road game against Iowa State. We can't have another meltdown. I don't care how much of a 'star' any one of these guys' thinks they are; if they don't perform, I'll put in someone who will!"
    We have an idea who this was directed towards, but only time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Charlie

Charlie Walk On

was gonna post same thing. I'll be posting my summary in just a bit when I get home from work. Played my game last night but I had at least 4 or so roughing the passer calls. luckily they were all on the CPU but still, it was lame.

12. onaradio34

Yeah I'm not sure how that came about. Same settings as me and Neurotic's other league and we haven't seen anything close to that. It'll be fixed for week 2.

13. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

UW crushes SDSU
    Comments coming Soon...​
    Play of the Game follows video​

• Like Like x 1
  14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Mountaineers Open Season With a Dominating Victory Over Rival Marshall
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Player of the Game: QB Geno Smith - West Virginia - 15/21, 268 Yards, 2 TDs, 13 Car, 47 Yards, 2 TDs​

• Like Like x 1
  15. franko05

franko05 Walk On

I just want to update that i have ran two option plays and scored TDs on long runs and simmed the rest and right now it is 63-0 at half. I dont want it to look this bad but it is.

16. franko05

franko05 Walk On

I ran four plays simmed the rest and thats how it ended...not fun.

17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Its on AM because Onaradio forgot to put it on Heisman, we'll be on Heisman for next week.

18. franko05

franko05 Walk On

Yeah thats fine it was also against fcs se I just saying so i dont look like some chump just trying to light up scoreboard

19. onaradio34

Yeah, All American against an FCS....that was gonna be ugly.

20. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Syracuse Opens Up 2012 with a Win!
    After a shaky start, Quarterback Ryan Nassib throws for 253 yards and 3 TDs as the Orange defeat Northwestern 27 - 10 in their home opener. Nassib did end up with 3 INTs, but the Syracuse defense was able to limit the Wildcats' hurry-up offense to 169 yards through the air and forced 6 sacks, 2 fumbles, and 1 interception. Halfback Jerome Smith struggled pretty much all day and could only muster 44 rushing yards on 16 carries, but Syracuse was able to rely on the big play to pull away.
    ScreenHunter_169 Aug. 03 16.16.jpg

21. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

Trojans Improve to 1-0

USC walks off with a 47-14 victory over Hawai'i.
    AUG 11:55AM
    • [​IMG]
      TD: D. Graves pass to J. Ostrowski for 63yds
    [​IMG] # Hawai'i 7 0 7 2 16
    [​IMG] # USC 3 14 14 14 45

FIRST QUARTER​

5:11​
    TD​
    [​IMG] Haw Jeremiah Ostrowski WR #80 63 yard TD from David Graves QB #14 (Tyler Hadden K #27 kick)
    1:54​
    FG​
    [​IMG] USC Andre Heidari K #48 25 yard FG

SECOND QUARTER​

6:53​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC De'Von Flournoy WR #10 46 yard TD from Cody Kessler QB #6 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    2:58​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Marqise Lee WR #9 9 yard TD from Cody Kessler QB #6 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

THIRD QUARTER​

5:55​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Victor Blackwell WR #85 14 yard TD from Cody Kessler QB #6 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    2:30​
    TD​
    [​IMG] Haw Joey Iosefa HB #7 2 yard TD (Tyler Hadden K #27 kick)
    0:31​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 32 yard TD from Cody Kessler QB #6 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

FOURTH QUARTER​

5:46​
    SF​
    [​IMG] Haw Joey Iosefa HB #7 0 yard SF
    4:00​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Nickell Robey CB #21 23 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    2:48​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 1 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

• Like Like x 1
  22. onaradio34

Juicemann03, if you are pasting something into a post, try hitting the eraser button at the top left to remove the formatting. This will sometimes help.

23. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

24. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

QUACK ATTACK!​
    [​IMG]

Ducks win 38-14 against Arkansas State!
    Capture.PNG
    Capture1.PNG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

[​IMG] # USC 7 3 7 7 24
    [​IMG] # Temple 3 7 7 0 17

FIRST QUARTER​

4:09​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Curtis McNeal HB #22 11 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    0:48​
    FG​
    [​IMG] Tem Brandon McManus K #19 45 yard FG

SECOND QUARTER​

4:23​
    TD​
    [​IMG] Tem Matt Brown HB #22 6 yard TD (Brandon McManus K #19 kick)
    2:24​
    FG​
    [​IMG] USC Andre Heidari K #48 53 yard FG

THIRD QUARTER​

2:51​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC DJ Morgan HB #30 6 yard TD (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)
    0:10​
    TD​
    [​IMG] Tem Chris Coyer QB #10 47 yard TD (Brandon McManus K #19 kick)

FOURTH QUARTER​

0:34​
    TD​
    [​IMG] USC Marqise Lee WR #9 52 yard TD from Matt Barkley QB #7 (Andre Heidari K #48 kick)

• Like Like x 1