Week 1 : Texans 28, Redskins 25

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by d19, May 3, 2010.

1. d19

d19 Walk On

Week 1 : Texans 28, Redskins 25

Whats up man.

When are you ready to show down? I will be free for most of tonight. Just give me a shout if you see me on and when you are ready.

Tuesday and Wednesday I will have practice in the afternoon and will not be available until after 10ish. I can play during the day...just let me know whats good on your end.

D

HAIL!

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I'm good tomorrow from 10-11:30am eastern. Then from about 5pm eastern onward. Same on wednesday but I think the deadline is at 6 that day.

3. d19

d19 Walk On

I forgot to tell you that I had class earlier today. Lets try and hook up at 5pm eastern. I will be available then.

4. JohnnyClutch

Ok, ill be on at 5.

5. d19

d19 Walk On

sweet. Ill see you then.

6. d19

d19 Walk On

Great game man!

Texans beat the Skins in their home opener. It was a nice battle all the way through. Clutch opened up the game marching the ball methodically down the field as Ben "Finger Bangin" Roethlisberger hooked up with A. Johnson for a 46 yrd TD.

The Skins marched down the field executing on a balance attack of runs and passes only to throw a pick in to the hands of Ameriol Jones who ran it back for a 102yrd TD.

Down 14 to 0 the Skins finally got their butts in gear and was able to squeeze out 10 unanswered points before half time. Right before halftime newly signed WR R. White dropped a ball which would have set them up for a manageable FG. This dropped pass would be pivotal.

Halftime score
    Texans 14 - Skins 10

The Skins would get the ball back after halftime and showed the change in momentum as they scored on a 8yrd pass to R. White. This momentum would soon be deflated on the pursuing kick off as B.King returned the ball 106yrds. Texans 21- Skins 17

Could luck turn back into the hands of the Skins...? Nope. After B. Kings great return the Texans kicked off the ball which went into the hands of A. Sales who later fumbled the ball only to have the Texans recover it. B. Roethlisberger would later hit M. Massaqoui for a beautiful 20 yrd TD. (A great pass to the back pylon of the end zone.)

Texans - 28 Skins 17

The forth quarter the Skins were able to score once as A.Fitch hooked up with T. Underwood who would out pace the Texans secondary for a 35yr TD. The offense converted the 2 point conversion making the game 28-25 in favor of the Texans. But with 41 secs left the Skins had to hope on recovering an onside kick. Unfortunately the ball went right into the hands of a Texans player. All hopes of a comeback were destroyed at this point.

Ameriol Jones was the Player of the Game and proved his ball hawking talent with 2 huge INTS, both in the Redzone.

The Skins D stayed up to par only giving up 187yrds total offense but really showed their offensive talent by putting up 431 of total offense; a stat that has not been shown when playing users. That being stated, I am disappointed that we lost but excited to see numbers like this.

The skins would meet the Rams in week 2 then on to the Carol-ington Pan-skins, who recently acquired former Redskins, S. Moss and C. Rodgers.

7. JohnnyClutch

Great game!

Yeah Ameriol Jones had a great game. Those two picks and I believe he was the one who laid the smackdown on Roddy White before the half to drop the ball. If you made the FG that would of set up and played out the same we would of seen some overtime.

Your offense is stellar, especially the passing game. The turnovers and special teams was the big difference in the game. If not for that I would of only put up 7.

Good game man. Can't wait to meet up again.