Week 1 - Texans (35) vs. Broncos (17) [scores added by Winuvas]

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by obwhite, Feb 3, 2010.

1. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

Week 1 - Texans (35) vs. Broncos (17) [scores added by Winuvas]

Schaub Makes Early Bid for League MVP

[​IMG]

There are was only 1 word to describe the performance of Matt Schaub in Week 1 against the Denver Broncos: WOW!

Quoted from one source, "The kid put on a performance that every QB dreams about!"

Matt Schaub missed on his first pass of the day, but then rifled off twenty straight completions to lead the Houston Texans to a 35-17 victory. He finished the day with a stat line of 20-21, 243 yards, 1 Td, 0 int. He completed passes to 7 different recievers and multiple passes to 6 recievers. After the game Schaub said, "We found something of film that we liked and we just went after it, they seemed a little bit worried about Slaton back there so we just took advantage of some open looks downfield!"

The texans offensive coordinator worked hard in the offseason to work on there down field passing game. "It was one of those games where we were prepared and knew exactly what we wanted to do!" said Coach obwhiteo.

The Broncos threw rookie QB Kelly James out there for his first NFL start and he performed admirably. He put up a pretty good performance despite being a rookie in his first ever NFL game. He was 18 of 31, 227 yards, 2 TD's, 2 Ints, one of the int's was late in the 2nd quarter and resulted in a 72 yards int return for touchdown. His coach said after the game, "He looked good out there, he's getting better and just has some learning to do, making the right reads!" Texans middle lineback DeMeco Ryans said about James "That kid has the arm, he's got the smarts, i think he will be a starter in this league for a long time!"

Stat Line

Quarterback Play

Matt Schaub 20-21, 243 yards, 1 TD

Kelly James 18-31, 227 yards, 2 TD's, 2 INT's

Running Backs

Steve Slaton - 14 carries, 112 yards, 1 TD
    Domico Middlebrook - 4 carries, 14 yards, 1 TD

Knowshon Moreno - 16 carries, 65 yards, 0 TD
    Ahman Bradshaw - 4 carries, 17 yards, 0 TD

Recieving

Kevin Walter - 4 catches, 66 yards
    Andre Johnson - 3 catches, 48 yards
    Owen Daniels - 4 catches, 33 yards, 1 TD
    Jacoby Jones - 3 catches, 31 yards
    Steve Slaton - 3 catches, 40 yards

Zach Miller - 7 catches, 116 yards, 2 TD
    Larry Fitzgerald - 3 catches, 42 yards
    Brandon Lloyd - 3 catches, 35 yards
    Peyton Hillis - 3 catches, 22 yards

Dunta Robinson - 1 int returned for Touchdown
    Glover Quin Jr - 1 int

Eugene Wilson - game high 6 tackles

Aaron Curry - 1 sack
    Robert Ayers - 1 sack

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Nice write up. Shaub completed 15 passes in a row at one point. The INT with less than a minute in the half at ur 20 yd line was the game deflater for me.

Hate those WR OUTS, pick 6 almost every time its not ran perfect!!

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Outs def need to be fixed in the next game. I don't even throw them anymore. Jujst like you said....pick 6! Nice write up obi.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nice write up, but in the future please make sure we know what the score was. :)

5. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

I edited the post immediately afterwards and added the score but you can't edit thread titles on this forum i guess...

Thanks for adding it.....

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

No problem man. Just remember for next time. I know you were excited about Shaub's play and rightfully so.

:)