Week 1 thoughts?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maynard, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Maynard

Maynard Banned

Week 1 thoughts?

i got 1 message on live about the penalties and run game. But i look and see a dominate performance :)

anyway, cpu had 5 for 50 yards. I had 7 for 70 yards. this is probably not gonna be changed cause i want to see penalties in the game and if i move stuff down, you simply dont see any.

We all played cupcake teams. Except Ok St vs Georgia, and pullman plays against stanford which is pretty even. So i dont think the out comes were to far fetched.

I played navy and should have crushed them, which i did.

Any thoughts? I would really like to hear from Oklahoma St owner since he played a tough team

2. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

I was nervous all game since my starting QB went down in the first quarter and the backup is nothing like Robinson.

The CPU got a few great returns on my kickoffs and picked off two passes in the redzone (returned one for 99 yds and a td.)

I was able to hold down the run, but the tackling seemed a bit weak on my part at times. The cpu would run in this quick zigzag pattern with the ball and change directions faster than my defenders could tackle.

My pass d is my weakpoint, I seem to allow at least one 50+ yard TD a game. Becuase of my injured QB and RB I really thought that I was going to lose the game. It was great though, a real back and forth effort, I ended up finding the TE over the middle in overtime on a set up playaction to score.

Then when Georgia took the field I threw a heavy blitz and forced an errant throw that was picked off to seal the victory.

All in all it was a challenge and if I had played smarter and not tried to "Favre" it with the backup it should have been closer.

3. GoBlue10

GoBlue10 Guest

Dominated WMU

485 yds of total O (220 passing - 265 rushing)
    22 first downs

Forcier was solid in his first career start 16-19 203 yds and 2 TD's
    Minor was my leading rusher 19 carries 132 yds 4 TD's
    6 running backs had an opportunity to run the ball and most importantly NO INJURIES!!!

I was pretty pissed when I got -75 sportsmanship for passing w/ my 3rd string QB (Sheridan) on a 3rd and 8 on my own 40 yd line w/ 5 min left in the game.

I didn't know that getting my back ups reps was unsportsman-like.
    46 rushing attempts
    20 passing attempts

4. GoBlue10

GoBlue10 Guest

Dominated WMU

485 yds of total O (220 passing - 265 rushing)
    22 first downs

Forcier was solid in his first career start 16-19 203 yds and 2 TD's
    Minor was my leading rusher 19 carries 132 yds 4 TD's
    6 running backs had an opportunity to run the ball and most importantly NO INJURIES!!!

I was pretty pissed when I got -75 sportsmanship for passing w/ my 3rd string QB (Sheridan) on a 3rd and 8 on my own 40 yd line w/ 5 min left in the game.

I didn't know that getting my back ups reps was unsportsman-like.
    46 rushing attempts
    20 passing attempts

5. Maynard

Maynard Banned

do u guys feel u had realistic games? do u feel your offense was too easy?

goblue, u played a cupcake team....did they put up any offense?

do u guys think we need to change any sliders? or just wait until we play some real teams?

6. Trixster

Trixster Guest

Honestly, I had a pretty even match up my first game and it played really well.

I would say let the sliders ride for a couple more weeks and see what happens.

The only thing I am a little concerned about right now is the number of penalties, and that Stanfords kicker missed three extra points.

7. VolPett

VolPett Walk On

I probably won't be able to kick my game off until around 11 EST tonight.

8. Maynard

Maynard Banned

3 XP's??? holy crap. I have FG accuracy at the default 50. I have seen kickers miss XP, but only like 3 sincei had the game

9. Trixster

Trixster Guest

Yep 3 xp's. Maybe the Stanford kicker is just that bad. I thought it was a little strange.

10. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i jus dont think the penalties were realistic because i mean when u think about it, usc will dominate san jose st d line. they wont need to hold that much. i even went to conservative and it still did it alot. other then that, no complaints really.

11. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I thought the game flowed pretty good from gameplay and calls. I pretty much dominated but i was playing ULM and they did score on me when i had blown coverages which only seemed fair. I think we will get a better evaluation once everyone plays some bigger competion. All in all though no complaints from Texas so far.

12. GoBlue10

GoBlue10 Guest

they moved the ball at times but once they got into the red zone i stoned them. they had a couple field goals and missed one.

13. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i think the run d was slightly tougher than usual

14. riley420

riley420 Guest

The clipping, holding and facemask penalties are getting bad for me (offline...who knows about online). Every kick return has a clip or hold, 50% of run plays are called back for holding and there are at least 6 facemasks a game.

15. Trixster

Trixster Guest

Okay I have to ask this. Riley and LBFitted, what are you setting your game plan to? Because if you are setting it to aggressive then that's going to happen.

In all honesty, I have tinkered around with my game plan through out the game and as long as I don't set it all to aggressive, I don't have these problems.

Whether we change the sliders or not does not matter to me one bit.

16. Maynard

Maynard Banned

its so hit an miss for me with penalties. I expect about 6 for each team. but sometimes, like last night, i will get like 12 called on me. Its all holding, facemask, clipping and false start. I try to forget what it being called because it annoys me that these 4, with holding and facemask dominate the calls.

what realy pisses me off is that i will use a normal gameplan and i get called 12 times and the cpu gets 4. Its alwasys like that too. I dont think the cpu has ever had more called then me.

here is the problem. I can turn penalties down 5 points to these, but then you wont see any in the game. you will get maybe 1-3 total for both teams.

there are some changes i am thinking about when we goto week 2. these to penalties.
    holding 50
    fasemask 55
    clipping 55
    false start 90

also some AI sliders. I dont have the numbers with me at work but i think the pass accuracy is too high for both sides. I hardly ever see missed and the WR never seem to drop the ball. I am more interested in the accuracy then anything though when it comes to passing.

also, the CPU run game. I am trying to make it so they can run the ball, but i am seeing some crazy stuff going on. With RB ability at 65 i saw the USC TB do this zig zag run thru my defense. I should have saved it. Imagine a bowling ball going down the lane. And the 2 gutters are my Dee guys and the bowling ball is zig zagging down the lane bouncing off each gutter. My guys never touched him It was like the RB had a bubble around him and as the cpu felt the defender it bounced the other way. i never saw anything like this before

in general, i just feel like the offense is extremely easy. i want to try and tone it down but not take away from the cpu run game.

i will post the changes later tonight. And they wont be too drastic. the only big bump down was accuracy. I turned it down to 25 on both sides and still had no trouble passing.

17. VolPett

VolPett Walk On

During my game I was called for 2 holding penalties on my first drive. I had "hold blocks" set to normal.

On my second drive I switched to conservative and wasn't called for holding for the rest of the game.

18. Trixster

Trixster Guest

See I don't think we should be forced to play conservative all game long either, but I wanted to see if these were a result of a game plan setup issue, or if we needed to consider tweaking the sliders.

The more I see posted the more a tweak seems right.

Like I have said, I can live with it either way.

19. Maynard

Maynard Banned

see but on the flip side of that i will use normal for "hold blocks" and "impact blocks" and have games where i might get 2 holding calls the whole game with the current penalty sliders. I never use conservitive except on catch the ball which doenst matter to this discussion.

i guess its the variety that we are seeing that is throwing us all off. but real football would have this too so at least its being realistic

i am not sure on the penalties only because, as i mentioned, if its turned down you dont see any at all. In 7 min Q we need some penalties to keep it realistic

20. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

i never set it to aggressive, i already knew that much lol when all the holding and clipping happened, i set it to conservative and it still happened. and it wasnt jus for me, it happened alot for the comp, so it may be somethin in the sliders

21. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

maynard, as far as the rb i know what u mean, the cpu ai when running is way rediculous this year. but maybe u should turn it down pretty low and turn their blocking up just a little. it will effect kick offs kinda but they shouldnt be able to do all that amazing running they do. i noticed the cpu runs to spots u cant even touch them at, its crazy

22. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

23. Maynard

Maynard Banned

these are not that far off of what we are using. they are playing on heismen though. but the only really difference is with the cpu run game and we have that setup more to favor the cpu.

24. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I liked the penalty settings. I had 15 total in my game. I think that is a pretty realistic amount. I had some big runs called back, but that's football.

25. riley420

riley420 Guest

I'm not getting anything besides these personal fouls. All my gameplans are set to balanced, so it's not that...I'll give it a shot tonight and see what the difference is.

I'm cool with whatever happens, I've just never had this amount of personal fouls (especially facemasks) called. There are some facemasks where it's obvious, because the head whips all the way around...cool animation, btw...but others are iffy. Maybe a 5 yarder, but not a personal foul.

Whatever. This is what a first season is for.