Week 1: Titans(34) at Ravens(9)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 1: Titans(34) at Ravens(9)

The titans visited the ravens to open up their 2010 OMFL schedule. Both teams looked to show off their offseason acquisitions with many former FAs and rookies starting for both teams.

Titans won the toss and decided to return the first half kick. After a decent return by Finnegan, the titans took the field with pounded the rock and ball security on their minds. Titans RBs Chris Johnson and Lendell White took the workload on the first drive with Lendell scored from 2 yards out to make it 7-0.
    After a couple of run plays on the Ravens first drive, Flacco was hit as he threw and was intercepted by Titans first round draft pick CB Jordan and returned it for 6. The first quarter was dominated by mostly the Titans and ended with the score 14-0.
    The titans opened up the second quarter with a FG by rookie kicker M. Klem to make the score 17-0. After a 3 and out by the ravens, the titans got the ball and on the first play, QB Matt Cassel found TE Cook Jr. on a corner route and ran 74 yards for the TD. Up to that point Cassel had no been needed that much but was 3 for 3 and 1 TD. The ravens got their offense going a little bit better in the second quater but the Titans Defense was too much as they held the ravens to only a FG in the first half. The titans ended the half with a FG with seconds left on the clock to make 27-3 at the half.
    No teams scored in the 3rd quarter, The titans were mainly focused on keeping the clock running and the ravens couldnt get much going.
    In the third, The ravens finally found the endzone with a run by FB Mcclain to make it 27-9. But on the next possession, the titans again caught the ravens in a heavy blitz and Cassel found Cook Jr. on a corner route and he broke 4+ tackles and took it 53 for the score. The titans won their first game on the 2010 season, 34-9 with great defense and running the ball.

Key Stats:
    Titans won the turnover battle 3 to 0.
    Titans held the ravens to 62 rushing yards on 23 attempts.

Titans-
    M. Cassel: 5 of 7 160yds 2TD
    CJ2k: 14rush 134yds
    L. White: 12rush 62yds
    J. Cook Jr: 2rec 127yds 2TD

Ravens-
    J.Flacco: 15 of 27 187yds 0TD 3INT
    L. McClain: 8rush 21yds 1TD
    H. Miller: 4rec 59yds

GG Weblink, you couldnt seem to get anything going and before you knew it, you were down to much to come back. GG and GL the rest of the season.

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Web, i dont understand.

You never paused the game to message me that you thought i was over running to the outside. You didnt message me after the game. You didnt send me a PM here or on AOL during or after the game.

I never ran two sweeps back to back and never more than 4 in a series, like the rules state i cant. CJ ran to the outside, about 14 times. White ran to the inside, about 12 times. 14 to 12, seems about as balanced as you can get without trying to be perfectly balanced.

Hit me back, Lets talk this out. The only thing ive heard from anyone about this game is a warning from Nate. If you feel cheated in ANY way, name a time and day and i will give you a rematch.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Running the ball with a player for a total of 14 carries and of those 14 attempts ALL of them were to the outside,IMO, smells of a little "Cheese".

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Not really Jeremy. Everybody knows CJ cannot run inside that is a league wide fact. But the stats show that White did the majority of the power running for the Titans. Its the defensive coordinators job to recognize what back is in the game and make the adjustment. You cant tell me for example if you have 2 backs one with a 10 trucking rating and the other a 99 trucking that you should force the lower rated guy to run up the middle just cause. That's not good coaching.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

As long as Vince wasnt running around from sideline to sideline it seems pretty fair LOL. Thats all I would expect from CJ and if they are a MIXTURE outside runs (stretch, sweep, counters) then I think that would be fine. Now if it was 14 straight up sweeps thats gay (or 'cheese').

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

imo, it got a warning, and all I am asking is that you guys don't let this conversation get out of hand. Don't call someone out on the forums, find them on pm and have this conversation. All sweeps, tosses, and counters by a player is cheese. That kinda of play won't be in this league.

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

it doesnt say anywhere in the rules that a certain player had to run equal times inside and outside. Lendell white ran the ball 12 times, 11 of those times were inside the tackle. And CJs runs were not all sweeps, yes the ended up outside the tackles, but plays that end up that way are sweep, tosses, power runs with pulling guards, counters and wildcat runs. I didnt run all sweeps and even my outside runs came from 4wr and 3 wr sets, not the same running play.

Straight from the Rule book.
    Whether on offense or defense, it is expected that every owner mix up the play calling and not to use the same plays repeatedly. Understanding that a certain type of play may be killing an opponent, for example the off tackle play to the right, there are different formations and different plays that will get you an off tackle play to that side of the field. Guys that call playaction two out of every three passes, or run counters two out of three running plays will not see action in this league very long.

Keep it fun, Keep it mixed up!

Simple thing to remember - never do ANYTHING 3 and 4 times in a row or 4 and 5 times a drive. Mix it up. Try different formations and different plays. 3 and 4 counters, 3 and 4 playactions, 3 and 4 wildcats in a row or in a drive is unacceptable. If its working keep pounding it, just not back to back and not the only thing you do. MIX IT UP!

I never ran CJ on a sweep or toss or anything to the outside more than twice in a row, or more than 4 times on a drive. On id say 99% percent of my CJ runs, lendell white came in on the next play and ran up the gut.

If i didnt get warned about this last season, i wouldnt be so hostile. But the fact of the matter is i have a little madden notebook. I write down key stats for the writeup and other good things.... INCLUDED HOW MANY TIMES I RAN OUTSIDE OR INSIDE. By my numbers i ran inside more than it was outside. Yes maybe it was after the game was out of reach after the first quarter, but you cant discount 12 runs up the gut by White like the whole board is doing.

If it requires i videotape my games and post them on youtube to defend myself. So be it. I have a webcam and i will start doing it.

Once again, im sorry if im coming of hostile but lets be men, If you have a problem with the way i played a game, let ME know. Im up for a rematch with anyone if they felt i did them wrong, but the fact is that probably 95% of the owners dont have a problem with the way i play. Ask anyone in the AFC south, even dunlap. lol. When dunlap had a problem with an outside the numbers pass. He puased it and we talked for a second and continued on with the game without a problem. Like the rules state, it shouldnt be the next day after the game. The first time i hear about a complaint, which this complaint IMO is BS, shouldnt be from the commissioner.

So i guess the next question is... Weblink, do you want a rematch if a cheated the rules SO bad.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

this kinda attitude, doesn't make you any friends or help your ability to stay here. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.