Week 1 Vs-the-Computer Games

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Week 1 Vs-the-Computer Games

Discuss your cpu games here...

Louisville 50 @ Georgia 69

This game might have set a personal record for total offense between the two teams.. I don't know what is wrong right now but I can't get my defense to do anything against anybody.

we combined for 1133 yards of total offense and 47 first downs between the two teams.

Mike Anderson was expected to produce right out of the chute as his 32 carries for 196 yards and 2 TDs would attest to. But it was Carlton Thomas, who was taking handoffs when Anderson was lined up in the slot or on the sidelines, who really did damage. He averaged a whopping 23.5 yards per carry on 7 carries, going for 165 yards and two scores. All told we ran for 404 yards on the day.

James Scales was pretty impressive in his first start. After redshirting, the #1 QB in the 2009 recruiting class didn't have to do too much as he distributed the ball for 13-17 passing, 227 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also ran three times for 24 yards and the game-opening touchdown.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Helli starting the freshman again!

I think it's good you start out pounding the rock right now while trying to get your QB's feet wet. Wasn't you starting a freshman last year? (not sure I remember correctly).

GaTech starts out their season later today as they go into OSU against #4 OSU in the game of teh week. We return 8 starters on offense and we throw out there, 5'8" WR Thearon Collier, who's an impact WR who should expect to be a pest as we try to figure out ways to get the ball in his hands (and I see where I can do that already! :)).

On defense we lost 6 starters, including our DE's (including Morgan), MLB (Jefferson), two starting CB's, and SS but we feel we are more well-rounded in the defense this year than last.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

who won??? score?

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

We beat Illinois 38-17. Our defense might be better than last year (10 of the 17 pts came off good field position/turnovers). Our offense is no where near as close as last year. We really miss Cooper at HB. Lamar Miller is faster, but no where near as good. Definitely felt the absence of Aldarius Johnson at WR, but we never really got our passing game going due to the insane amount of pressure they got on us. Not sure if we upped the sliders, but I have 90-99 ovr across the line, and they got 10 sacks on us.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We won 69-50

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well here's the story. In the first recruiting class I recruited two quarterbacks. One was the #1 all around QB, good speed, acceptable arm, acceptable but low AWR. He seemed like the obvious RS choice with the better upside. Thomas Cody had the great AWR, decent arm, and no speed whatsoever. I started Cody and he had a solid season but became a weakness for me as teams learned they could go into full-on coverage and not get burned by a QB scramble. I decided that whoever had the better offseason (improved more) would be the starter this year. Scales improved to where he is identical to Mettenberger with 87 OVR and is the better all-around threat, so Scales is the starter. I expect Cody will still see the field.

Nah, no slider changes, we never came to any sort of agreement on that so I didn't touch it. that happened to me a few times especially against Boise State.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

LSU 62 Houston 35

Jordan Jefferson got off to a rocky start with two early INT's... (one was a tip ball off the receivers hands) but settled down to throw 3 TD's and had over 350 yards throwing along with 78 yards rushing.

Sophomore HB Ford had over 200 yards rushing and 4 TD's to continue his stellar rise as one of the top backs in the SEC

Senior standout WR Terrance Toliver also had a good day with 156 yards receiving.

The defense played solid, really only giving up one big play, a 78 yard TD run by Beale, the 94 ovr HB of Houston. Most of the the other scoring was based on opportunistic plays from the 4 TO's.. (two lost fumbles + INT's)

LSU showed there explosiveness in this new offensive scheme.. but they still have turnover issues that need to get resolved quickly.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    #6 GaTech- 45, #4 OSU- 20

This was a sloppy game by QB Jaybo Shaw. Shaw had 5 turnovers on the game including 4 INT's to the OSU defense that was very opportunistic. Unfortunately for OSU, so was GaTech. FS Cooper Taylor led the charge with 14 tackles and a ton of hurries on OSU's QB. GT's new MLB, Brandon Watts was the recipient, picking off 2 passes returning one for a TD and recovering two fumbles. On total, there were 11 turnovers on the game. "It was ugly out there," said Coach Moreecemos. "But our defense stepped up despite being on the field way longer than we wanted out there.

The passing game was erratic and the run game was sloppy. It took us 38 carries to get 120 yards. Shaw did run for two TD's on the game.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

#3 Texas 31 at VA Tech 48

Great start for the Hokies out of the gate. Clayton hit L.Thomas 2 times in a row for TDs to go up 14-0...Texas would tie it up but then the Hokies took off. The defense looks much better this year. We had 5 sacks and 2 ints and many, many swats. Very happy with the play at all positions vs a top tier team. Ogelsby had a nice 58 yard run up the gut running over LBs and past the safeties....he is a load to take down!

Take a look at Logan Thomas...quite possible one of the best offensive players I have ever played with in NCAA...up there with the Ranks of Mark Williams, Stephon Green, and Derrick Williams. I am trying to spread the ball around but when I check through this guy is WIDE open most of the time.

Check it.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/10374235

10. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ingram and Jones lead Tide over Ducks

#2 Alabama 69 @ #23 Oregon 31

Somehow I remember it being a lot tougher to win at Autzen when Mogriff was there.

This game started out with both teams carving up the defense. Oregon ran out of gas as the Tide defensive settled in. The Ducks abandoned the run and passed 48 times extending the game for ever. The Tide won the turnover battle 4-1.

Alabama scored 10 TD's rushed the ball 49 times and threw only 21 times.

The blowout let Alabama play just about everyone on the roster. Everybody stepped up and it led to a blow out. Oregon did throw for 338 yards on 48 attempts.

Star Jackson got the start and went 13-19 and 1TD. Jackson did not get sacked and looked comfortable on the road completing over half his passes to WR Jones. There was only 1 sack between both teams.

Ingram 21 carries for 175 yards 4 TD's
    Richardson 13 carries for 93 yards 3 TD's

Julio Jones 7 passes for 101 yards 1 TD.

The Tide look for a better test in week 3 against Penn St.. Week 2 will be a bye week.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't get it. You never make a single mistake against me but yet the computer gives you a game. I'm just saying... :)

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Its because you have a sportsmanship award, and the cpu cheats.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

stop stalking me all over teh intranetz and if you do at least read what I type lol

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

what does WTIUFW mean? Oh and its only stalking if you use aliases. :cool:

15. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

its cause the computer has a "i'm taking the ball from you right now" button it can play at any time.

16. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

UNC went to Rutgers and won something like 49-21. Game was close through 3 quarters thanks to some magical "you're not tackling me" moves by the Rutgers HB.

HB Dustin Clancy took his first steps toward filling Draughn's shoes with a 100 yard performance and 3 rushing TDs. Backup HB Womble also performed well.

QB Paulus threw the ball well and avoided making mistakes. Believe he threw for 3 TDs, spreading the ball around to his backs, recievers and tight ends.

Defense played decently if you take away the fluke plays. DE Coples had 2 big sacks.