Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Luis, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Luis

Luis Walk On

Post your game summary here.

2. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

KC 28 SD 7
    First and foremost,Ill like to congratulate our offensive line today they did a good job against a great defensive Unit.There were a few Injuries but nothing the Ice Tub cant fix, all 55 players will play next week.I would Like to recognize T.Hali and award him the game ball, he really annoyed rivers today making him throw before he was ready,planting him 3 times for a sack.

I felt Our offense could've been better,we got into some third and longs but big catch and run plays got us out.We need to try and keep ourselves in 3rd and short.we scored first with a 55 yard pass to Mccluster,then again on a 5 yard run by T.Jones.We did give up a score on a long 8 or 10 play drive towards the end of the first half but after that we played pretty much lights out defense.Flowers played Jackson the best he possibly could I believe he shut him out but im not too sure not looking at the stats right now.Flowers did come away with a Int.

Offensively we ran for about 164total yards between our two backs and threw for a little over 200 yards.Key stat in this game we had no turnovers.All in all it was good game and we are looking forward to heading to San Diego later on in the season.Good game to coach Luis and good luck the rest of the way.

3. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Good game fellas

4. Luis

Luis Walk On

GG bud, waiting for our rematch at home.

5. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Week #1 Cowboys travel to Washington for a bitter rivaly.

This game was a defensive battle all the way (maybe alittle rusty..dunno). Cowboy could only muster 5 fg's to and keep the Redskins out of the endzone as much as possilbe. It was because my offense was too rusty and skins played great defense. I know the only way I might pull this vitory out was to hold the skins in check. Late in the fourth quarter, Cowboys trailing, 12-14 and we get a stop on defense and get the ball back with just about 2 minutes left in the game. Romo marched down the field with some keep catches by Ogletree to move the boyz inside the 30 with 14 secs left on the clock and Buehler kicking a 38yd FG. (his longest was 56yds) ..I can only wish he kicked like that in real life:(......GG Skins see ya in Small_D

6. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

gg scared46 i couldn't get anything going in the 4th. Hopefully we will work out this issue by the time we meet again, in Dallas!

7. Junior2310

Junior2310 Walk On

Colts flew to Houston knowing that in reality Foster burned them with 200 yards in season opener this year 2010. In sim league- Colts intend not to allow this to happen. limited him 42 yards in ground...

It was crazy game 4 turnovers in 1st quarter itself! Houston threw 2 interceptions while manning threw one and fumble by fullback.

While up 14-0, Colts marched the ball downfield, on 7 yard line tried an inside slant, ended up 99 yard interception return touchdown by houston... brings 17-7 halftime Colts lead.

Key play of the game: DT Foster (Colts) 4 sacks and 2 missed FG by Rackers (houston)

Colts spread their passing game 4 players with at least 5 catches.

7 turnovers in that game! (3 colts, 4 Texans)

Colts won 20-14

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Steelers 28 Falcoms 22

The Steelers had a wild game, opening up with a big lead then watching sloppy tackling come back to haunt them. Thanks to the solid play of Ben Roethlisberger, the spectacular catching ability of Mike Wallace and the steady running of Rashard Mendenhall they were able to hang on to win.

Key Play of the Game: Roethlisberger to Wallace on a deep fly pattern that resulted in an explosive touchdown.

Player of the game: Mike Wallace

9. jhaug98

jhaug98 Walk On

Rams 17 Cardinals 16

Number 1 overall draft choice Sam Bradford and the St Louis Rams knew that this opening game would make how his career will open in St Louis. The Rams would struggle in the first half, missing a field goal and being behind at half. The St Louis Rams could not stop Derek Anderson and Steve Breaston. They combined through the air for over 100 hundred yards as the Rams stuck to Larry Fitzgerald real well!

It didn't help the Cardinals that James Laurinaitis was all over the field making tackles, and even recording a forced fumble. Bradford through out the whole game would end up with 1 touchdown (to Amendola) and 3 interceptions. Not a great start to his rookie career in St Louis... but that's why Steven Jackson is back there! Jackson rushed the ball 20 or more times and wound up with 103 yards on the ground. He would score the touchdown to put the Rams on top 17-16 with 35 seconds left. After that the Rams went into shutdown mode!

Player of the game: Steven Jackson

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Tennessee 45 Oakland 36

[​IMG]

Chris Johnson continued his ways from 2009, starting off the 2010 campaign with a 251 yard day on the ground with 3 TD's off only 20 carries.

Unfortunately the passing game was non-existent, as Vince Young stunk Nashville up going 7 for 17 for only 101 yards and throwing 3 INT's. Rumor has it that coach Fisher and Heimerdinger are already talking about bringing Kerry Collins in or searching the waiver wire for a replacement.

Defensively, the Raiders gashed the Titans on the ground with McFadden and through the air with their speedy WR's. The only positive was that the defensive line and blitzing schemes D Coordinator Chuck Cecil employed got to Jason Campbell 6 times, twice by rookie DE Derrick Morgan, and forced a pick 6 late in the game.