Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Week 1

reply here

2. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

Wk1 Rams @ Seahawks

Well it was a shootout but I survived. The days of beating up on the CPU are over, this game came down to the wire. I got a key stop with under 2 mins remaining, forced a punt and pinned them down on their 7 yd line. The next play I get a safety when the QB drops back but goes out of the back of the endzone. On the ensuing kickoff, he kicks it out of bounds and I run out the clock to secure the win.

This game was back and forth all the way. The rams defense gets the game ball as they forced some turnovers and scored a TD to help get the win. Final score Rams 44, Seahawks 38.

Bulger's 73yd TD pass to Burton
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9496993

Bailey's fumble return for TD
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9496991

(y)

3. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

Week 1 Skins vs Giants

With a divional game already here week 1 we knew it was gonna be a tudd game. 1st Quarter was good defense by both teams with the gaints getting the only pts. from a fg kick.2nd quarter Brandon Jacobs takes a 7yard run into the box for the score. 3rd quarter we got a another td from Brandon his 2nd of the day. After we hold the skins and make then punt, Eli get's the ball back and throws a strike to Smith who takes it 41yd for a td. Skins finally get on the board with a 20yd score by Thomas and the skins miss the 2pt conversion. 4th Quarter we drove down the field and tried a fg but missed with but D. Hall was back there waiting for it and he returned it 100 yds for the score. With 2:37 lefted in the game Whimper caught a pass from eli to seal the game final score 31-13 Giants GG. Kan

4. Kan

Kan Walk On

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

BALTIMORE, MD - A close game early got away as the Ravens rode a strong defensive effort and 3 TDs from Ray Rice to a 31-13 win against the visiting Chiefs. After KC missed a long FG on their opening drive, the Ravens would get the ball in the endzone. Joe Flacco dumped off a screen to Ray Rice who took the ball 18 yards for a score. Into the second quarter, the Ravens tacked on a Hauschka FG for a 10-0 lead. KC finally got moving thanks to a big reception by Larry Johnson. The Ravens held at the goalline and Colquitt hit an 18 yard FG. The Ravens made a final drive at the end of the half using Rice, McGahee and McClain on the ground. KC's defense stiffened in the redzone, forcing another FG. At the half, the Ravens held a 13-3 lead.

Baltimore wasted no time on their first drive. Flacco converted a key 3rd down and Todd Heap set up a short run from Rice for a 20-3 lead. The Raven defense pounded on KC QB Matt Cassel, with Trevor Pryce recording 4 sacks. KC punted, but Chris Carr was hit hard and fumbled. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, LJ finished off the drive with a sweep and the Chiefs trailed 20-10. On their next play, the Ravens answered back with a well blocked 73 yard run from Ray Rice. The Chiefs went into hurry-up pass mode but Cassel was KO'd on a hit. In came Brodie Croyle, and he promptly threw a pick six to Dom Foxworth putting the Ravens up 34-10. Colquitt would add a late FG to close out the scoring. Rice finished with 122 yards on 18 carries. Flacco went 14-18-175 with a TD. Larry Johnson had 172 combined yards and a score in the loss.

Highlights posted:
    Rice 73 TD run
    Foxworth INT TD

6. gt86

gt86 Walk On

What looked to a be blowout at first for the Cowboys ended up being a nail biting win for the Cowboys vs the cpu 38-31. The Cowboys would get the win thanks to 2 pick 6 interceptions by Cb Scandrick and a 109 yd missed Fg return by Felix Jones and 158 yds rushing by Marion Barber.

The Cowboys would jump out a 17-0 lead thanks to a Felix Jones short Td run and Scandricks first pick 6 of the game. The Bucs would get on the board finally with a 1 yd Td run by Ward. Oon their next drive though Leftwich would throw his 2 pick 6 to Scandrick to give the Boys a commanding 24-7 lead. After a Bucs fg to make the score 24-10 the Bucs would get even closer when Romo tried to throw a screen pass to Barber just to have it picked and returned for a Td by Mlb Rudd.

In the 3rd The Bucs would try a long Fg just to have the ball fall short and watch Felix Jones return the missed Fg 109 yds for a Td to give the Boys a 31-17 lead. The Bucs just wouldn't die though the Bucs defense would force 3 turnovers in the game to keep them in the game After a Barber fumble the Bucs offense went to work with Leftwich hitting Clark for a 51 Td pass to get back within seven points 31-24. In the fourth Romo would extend the lead back to 14 with a short Td pass to Fb Anderson. After another Barber fumble the Bucs would be setup once again. Leftwich would find clark once again for a Td pass this time from 3 yds out. The Cowboys wouldn't be able to run the clock out fully and leave the Bucs with around 30 secs to try and tie the game. The Bucs offense would start going down the field but without any timeouts they would have the time run out on them at the Cowboys 40 yd line.

Cowboys survive 38-31

Highlights

Scandricks first pick 6

Scandricks 2nd pick 6

Rudd pick 6

Leftwich to Clark for 51 yd Td

109 yd missed Fg return by Felix Jones

7. scarface

scarface Walk On

Bears win in Lambeau...
    Well the Bears start their new season playing the CPU, and it was a JOKE of a game to say the least.
    The Bears start quick with a T.D. pass to Forte on the Packers next possesion they throw a pick 6 to Bowman.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9508937

Then it was a pass to Hester for a TD, then a run by Forte for a TD,
    all the while the CPU controlled Packers did nothing to score in the 2nd qtr.

Third qtr the Bears scored again on a pick 6 by Urlacher.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9508918

Then the Packers scored a TD from back up QB Flynn.
    Then it was back to the same Bears run run run waste clock.

GG CPU Cya in Chicago in a few weeks!!!

8. stealth

stealth Walk On

Broncos @ Bengals

Yahoo I just lost to the cpu.

Broncos stayed in 3 and 4 wr sets the entire except maybe 3 play(annoying) Broncos Defense was just to much as they picked off Palmer 5 times and returned 3 of them for tds(2 by cb goodman) CB Hall wouldnt be out done thou as he would have 2 ints in the game and would return 1 of them 105 yds for the td.

Even with all those ints the bengals still had a shot to win the game as they pulled with 7 with less than a min left. Bengals go for the onside kick and wr stokley would recover it but would be hit and fumble. Bengals cb trent would recover to give them 1 more shot to tie it. Bengals would march down the field but QB Palmer would be picked off for the final time at the 1 yd line to end the game.

I might add fatigue in this version is just lame. I had 1 defensive player already fatigued after the 1st play of the game. At the end of the game trying to make comeback and all my top wrs are on the bench

9. scarface

scarface Walk On

Stealth maybe the guy is on kickoff/returns? plus you can use timeouts to help your team, or get on and off the field faster.

10. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Week #1 Lions 22 Saints 24

Lions open the season against the CPU Saints'. This game started stronge for the Lions 13-0 then, the cpu started to put together some nice drive before the half.

1st Half
    Lions 13
    Saints 7

2nd half it was all Saints who scored 14 to take the lead into the fourth quarter. Lions 13, Saints 21. Lion's offense would add a FG mid-way in the fourth to draw to 16-24. Lion's defense then had to hold the Saints to 3 and out and they forced them to punt the ball back with just around 3 1/2 minutes to play in the game down by 8. Lions marched down the field with some quick passing. With about 2 minutes in game Matt Stafford hit WR Figurs on a TD pass and Lions went for 2 but with no success. Saints run the clock out for the win.

Lions 22
    Saints 24

**side Note*** Lions FA RB Lorenzo Booker out for 6 weeks "partial PCL tear"

11. stealth

stealth Walk On

yeah the guy was on kickoff but 1 kickoff and 1 defensive and he was already tired. so 2 plays into the game and i was already having to sub for him

12. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikes v Browns

Vikes came out running early and often. Peterson carried the rock 20 times for over 100, Taylor added another 15 or so time for another 60 yards. Farve spread ball around to Rice, Berrian, and Harvin to keep the Browns honest.

Farve did have his Farve-ish moments that kept Browns in the game throwing 3 picks in the game, 2 of which were returned for TDs. A Cribbs TD on a punt return made the game alot closer than it should have been.

Next up for the Vikings is a trip to Motown where Calvin Johnson and the Lions await.

13. Josh

Josh Guest

Week 1: Jets 3 @ Texans 30

Texans win behind an absolutely solid defensive showing in their home opener. Both teams played it safe going into halftime, with no TDs scored. Texans lead 9-0. 3rd Quarter saw much of the same tough defense until the Texans got on the board with a short Shagg Makino TD run. 16-0 A few drives later, the Jets force a punt, but muff the return. Texans pick it up and take it to the house. Jets scored a figgie at some point in the 2nd half, I don't remember where, might be about this time. Texans 23-3. Start of the 4th, Texans pick Sanchez off again, this time for 6. 30-3. Late in the 4th, Texans pick Sanchez off for the last time, but run out of bounds, not needing any more points. Last two minutes would be run off. GG Jets, GL the rest of the way. 30-3 F - Texans.

14. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Nice game Josh. You dominated, especially the 2nd half. Congrats.

And Stealth, I noticed the same thing in my game. At one point in the 4th quarter when the game was sort of close, in a 4 WR set, none of my top 4 WR's were in the game. I wound up with my #5 and #6 WR's on the depth chart and #2 and #3 TE's. I noticed that a few times after this as well. I don't know if it's the game or something on my end that can be changed, but either way, we'll have to be more aware of fatigue.

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

This game was scoreless at halftime. Both teams played defense well and there were also a couple of missed opportunities on both sides. The big play potential of Chris Johnson wound up being the deciding factor here. With a score in the 3rd and 4th quarter he helped Tennessee get off to a 1-0 start 24-0. GG Hoytpower.

16. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

GG man. Yup Johnson turned into superman in the 2nd half once he broke free i was a diving fool. LOL GL the rest.

17. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Miami @ Atlanta

The Falcons hosted the Dolphins in a tight game which was back and forth till the end. Dolphins struggled early but Captain QB Pennington stepped up in the 4th qtr to put Miami in front by 1 point. Falcons QB Ryan led the falcons down field to the Miami 6 yard line but fail to convert a 3rd and 1 so Elam kicks a FG with 4 minutes left. Brown and Williams get the ground game going and chew up the clock to get Miami a win on the road.

Player of the game: Ronnie Brown 98yrds rushing, 58yrds rec, and 2 TD's