Week 10 2013 Now Open - Deadline 1.14.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jan 12, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 10 Now Open

Please Complete by January 14, 2011 7:00 a.m. ESt

GBN v. GBN =

#5 Bowling Green (Sox) @ Kent St. (CLW)

#22 Temple (Radio) @ #25 Miami, OH (Roady)

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

The upstart #25 Miami Redhawks got schooled in a big way by the seasoned #22 Temple Owls. This game started as a slugfest, with solid D and frustrated O, and Miami nursed a 3-0 lead through the first. In fact, Miami knocked on the door three times, and only came away with the 3 points. First a pouch punt went awry and ended up the end zone. Next time we got the three, but the third time the kicked hooked wide left and that spelled the end.

Temple took over with decent position, and made a solid drive count with a touchdown to grab the lead 7-3. Miami began to respond as senior RB Roman Lawson slashed right for an 11 yard gain, but coughed up the ball when fighting for more. Temple recovered and their offense settled for a feild goal.

The score was 10-3, but to the flat Redhawks, it felt like 100. They used up all their juice in last week's stunning win vs. Kent State and had nothing left. The crowd was anxiously waiting for a bad sign after losing it's top two running backs last week, and that fumble confirmed their dread. Temple just run over and through nearly every tackle on their way to dropping 24 points on us in the second quarter.

Miami's high powered offense stalled in the redzone three times, getting shutout in three visits. Temple's line controlled the play and drastically altered how we operated. Our boyz just couldn't handle the pressure of their first ever ranking.

Luckily, the clock didn't stop much in the second half and we were put out of our misery in a 31-3 ass kicking.

The simple fact is No Q means no W for dat U.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Apparently the NCAA Gods have decided to give Dat U a reprieve from the it's Temple debacle. Claims that Temple were doing a George St Pierre like greasing on the uniforms to slip tackles.

Got up this morning, checked my email and realized I didn't get the game results sent to my inbox. Hop onto PSN to get another OD game in to find that the game says we haven't played. How do want to handle this guys?

@CLW
    @Roadhouse

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

You know...when I wrote my recap, I tried to get some details off EA and there were no stats posted. I thought the problem was the dynasty server, since there's usually two of the recent games posted or I get stats from a completely different game under my heading.

It sucksthis happened, and I'm sorry, because it takes away from the serious ass kicking you dished out. And you and I chatted for awhile after the game, so I don't think there was a connection issue.

I'm down with whatever the commish says. If we play again, I'm going to try my best to win and hope to steal it. You have a much better chance of getting the legit win if we go head to head, rather than letting the SIM spirits have their way. But SIM it or we can ball again tonight, I'm cool either way.

6. onaradio34

It's really no biggie to me. Not sure if I can play tonight or not, but I'm not gonna get upset over a sim loss. Only thing I ask is don't advance until I recruit tonight. Forgot to do it last night.

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Not really sure there is a "fair" way to handle that issue. I suppose I could put Roady on autopilot and let Radio take on Dat U w/o Roady but there is still the potential for a Temple L. Obviously, EA sim gods are unpredictable as well (unless The Commish is involved as he ALWAYS loses sims). If you guys want to replay the game please do so.

I think Sox and I are shooting for an 11:30 p.m. EST kickoff time for our game.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Radio, if you can play, let's play. If not let it be simmed after you recruit. I'm always up for another human game, and either way that beastly DL will get the best of me. You know me, I just want to get out and do more whoring.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Sox I'm not going to make it until 11:30. I've been fighting a cold and I took some medicine and have allready passed out waiting on the couch.

Seeing as how 0/7 are showing as ready to advance I'm going to extend the deadline for 24 hours. I'll be around tomorrow night after 6 pm EST. If you are unable to go tomorrow night let me know here and I'll put myself on autopilot tomorrow morning so you can get the game in. Sorry!

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Radio, maybe we can play tomorrow night? Let me know your schedule. I do not have availability on Saturday. But if you prefer to play vs. autopilot or let it be simmed, I'm comfortable with those decisions, too. Let me know.

11. onaradio34

Just got home from work...I'm gonna say just sim the game. Gotta do offseason in one night in another dynasty tomorrow night. No biggie if I lose.

12. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

All you guys have to do is put either one of you on autopilot and do a manual super sim in game...