Week 10 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 12, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-6) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 34-21 against Mid Tenn State (4-4).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) TE Kevin Hardy has committed to Bowling Green
    - (*) FB Eric Scott has committed to UCF
    - (***) WR Gary Davis has committed to Akron

=============== Idaho Vandals (2-6) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 42-35 against Western Michigan (8-0).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Adam Townsend has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 31-21 against Arkansas State (3-4).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host #3 Western Michigan (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Mike Hughes has committed to Navy
    - (***) LT Todd Richardson has committed to Navy
    - (***) WR R.J. Weeks has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 45-28 against NC State (4-4).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Army (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Drew Ridgeway has committed to LSU
    - (****) FS Brandon Howard has committed to Stanford

=============== UAB Blazers (5-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 20-17 against UL Lafayette (5-3).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Jeff Mueller has committed to UAB
    - (***) LOLB Ernest Tucker has committed to UAB
    - (***) DT Thomas Chase has committed to UAB
    - (***) HB Nicholas Chase has committed to UAB

=============== Army Black Knights (1-7) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 45-31 against Navy (8-1).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RE Derrick Maxwell has committed to Buffalo
    - (***) CB Zach Harvey has committed to Army

=============== #3 Western Michigan Broncos (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 42-35 against Idaho (2-6).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Omar Porter has committed to Rutgers

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-4) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 31-21 against Kent State (6-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Houston (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Erik White has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) C Rodney Godfrey has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) LE Cole Thomas has committed to Marshall
    - (***) WR C.J. McDonald has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) WR Dane Davis has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) WR Damian Ramsey has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) DT Carlos Fritz has committed to New Mexico
    - (**) DT Maurice Hobbs has committed to Arkansas State
    - (**) LOLB Kevin Johnson has committed to Arkansas State
    - (**) ROLB Adam Washington has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) WR Sam Williams has committed to North Texas

=============== Utah State Aggies (5-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 36-14 against Pittsburgh (5-3).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Roy Jackson has committed to New Mexico

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (5-3) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 48-41 against San Diego State (3-4).
    This week, the Warhawks will host UAB (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Adam Townsend has committed to Idaho
    - (***) DT Carlos Fritz has committed to New Mexico

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 34-21 against Eastern Michigan (2-6).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Idaho (2-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FS Ben Spencer has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-3) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 20-17 against UAB (5-3).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Utah State (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Kyle Lynch has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (***) WR C.J. McDonald has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) CB Stan Connor has committed to UL Lafayette

2. DirtycashDylan

It's unbelievable how bad missing that one week fucked me in recruiting. *sigh* It'll still be a good class by WKU standards (best ever?) but it had a chance to be great.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Oh snaps we got a receiving corps and some depth on defense. Hallelujah

4. DirtycashDylan

Wow dude, what a week.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I'm glad I only have 10 ships to give because this recruiting season has been brutal. Still sitting at two commits but I've at least got a couple of soft verbals. In a close 2nd on a BEAST of 4* free safety and hopefully the big schools on his list don't wake up and snatch him.

6. Full Moon Fever

POTATO MAGIC! Full write-up coming tomorrow.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UAB beat ULM in a shoot out. Write up in the AM. This old man is tired!

8. Full Moon Fever

[​IMG]

Murfreesboro -The Idaho Vandals were able to get back on track after a dismal 0-5 start to their CUSA schedule. And in Vandal tradition, they did it with a strong presence of Potato Magic. After receiving the opening kickoff, the Vandals had a decent drive going until freshman standout receiver Eric Berry dropped an easy catch on a 3rd down. The Vandals were forced to punt, and the Blue Raiders wasted no time getting to business. With a couple of big 3rd down conversions, they were able to march down the field and cap off the drive with a 3 yard touchdown rush by HB Tim Williams.

A methodical Vandal drive on their next possession culminated with Shawn Calhoun's 2 yard touchdown run, and we had a tied ballgame.

Three minutes later, MTSU wideout Richard Drake found some busted coverage and caught an easy 23 yard touchdown pass from QB Mark Phillips. Again, the Blue Raiders were on top.

From there, the Vandals were careful on their next drive to chew up a little bit of clock as they marched down the field. When Calhoun found paydirt from 5 yards out, there were only 34 seconds left until halftime. This would be big, as if there were 35 seconds left, the game may have turned out differently.

With only 34 seconds until half, Phillips went to work and tried to lead the Blue Raiders into scoring position. After carving up a soft Vandal secondary, Coach Gyrene was faced with 5 seconds left and the ball sitting on the Idaho 38. With no real chance of a field goal, the Raiders tried to find the endzone. Watch for yourself and see what happened.

Potato Magic, indeed.

After intercepting the ball deep in their own territory on MTSU's opening drive of the 2nd half, freshman phenom QB Jim Rice only needed 2 plays to find paydirt, connecting with tight end Marcus Black on a 19 yard strike to put the Vandals up 21-14.

The Blue Raiders put together a solid drive of their own, and on 3rd and 1 from the 33 yard line, MTSU HB William Pratcher took a dive, bounced it outside, and outraced the Vandal defense to the endzone and tie the game at 21.

On their next drive, the Vandals were forced to settle for a field goal when they stalled at the Blue Raider 19 yardline. Freshman kicker Dion Brink booted the 36 yard field goal and the Vandals took a 24-21 lead with 7 minutes left in the game.

The lead would be short lived, as just 31 seconds later, Phillips hit Drake again for a scoring strike, this one a 57 yard strike.

Down by 4, Jim Rice and the Vandals hit the field again. Yet another methodical Vandal drive ended with Mr. Rice plunging into the endzone on a quarterback sneak with 3:34 left in the game. Brink's extra point put the Vandals up by 3.

The Blue Raiders were in decent position, getting the ball back with 3 minutes in the game and needing a field goal to tie, or a touchdown to win. MTSU didn't take long to move the ball into Vandal territory, and was quickly within field goal range. When they advanced the ball and got to 1st and goal from the 3, all the Vandals could do was burn timeouts and hope to have a chance to even the score after MTSU scored their inevitable touchdown.

On 1st and goal, Phillips was hit as he threw, and a pass out to the right side fluttered in the air before the Raider receiver was able to catch it for no gain. On 2nd and goal, the Raiders tried to pound it in, but were denied when the Vandal defensive line stuffed them in the backfield for a 2 yard loss.

On 3rd and Goal from the 5, with nary a minute left, the Blue Raiders hoped for a touchdown, knowing that the worst case scenario would be that they were denied the endzone and could be forced to kick a chip shot field goal and take the game into overtime.

That's when Potato Magic, who had completely forsaken the real Vandal football team getting its teeth kicked in by Boise State, took over.

The Vandal offense took over, needing to get just one first down to seal the deal. On a 3rd and 5, receiver Mitchell Crockum took a jet sweep handoff and outran the MTSU defense to the sideline, where he was able to turn up field for a 7 yard gain, getting the first down and preserving the Vandals' first conference win of the season.

A befuddled Coach Gyrene had this to say after the game...

"You know, growing up you hear all the stories of Potato Magic. But being at the fake TTU, I had never really experienced it first hand. I'm still not exactly sure what happened. We had more yards, more first downs, completions, rushing, just about every statistical category you could lead, we lead. At the end of the game that guy just came out of nowhere. I think maybe they were playing with 12. I'll certainly never underestimate Potato Magic again."

9. Full Moon Fever

I don't know why the image at the top won't load. It was just the score by quarter, but I'm tired of messing with it.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Houston - 31
    A. State - 21

Ugh, I don't even wanna talk about this one, definitely a "teaser" game. The CPU goes up early, then lets me hang around and every time it looks like I can tie or take the lead, the CPU cock blocks me and takes the ball somehow. This was a complete air raid game, as both QBs combined for 112 passes (and only 48 completions haha). My frosh starter Jimmy Bell threw 5 picks (4 in the second half, and all 4 of those were in Houston territory) but I still managed to have 3 drives in the 4th to tie it up thanks to my defense. It was all over though when I threw my last pick with 2:00 left and they returned it about 30 yards, into my territory and kicked a FG to take a 10 point lead and leave me without any timeouts. Nobody played well in this game, outside of my TE Trey Millard, who had 8 receptions for 129 yards.

11. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

haha, very nice write up and great game....

still can't believe i threw that pick! lol....good job man.

12. DirtycashDylan

Trey Millard is a beast. He's a FB/power back irl and he's tearing shit up as a true frosh for OU.

13. Full Moon Fever

Everybody looked like a beast today. I think Tech's defense is on par with Idaho.

14. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]
    Shaun Griffin catches a 37 yard TD in the back of the endzone.​

WKU-45
    Army-28

We went into halftime tied up at 28 before I gave my boys a rousing speech (no, I didn't strip) and we came out and dominated the 2nd half keeping the Black Knights from scoring again.

The 8-1 Hilltoppers will try to not get caught looking ahead as they play Wake Forest next week.