Week 10 2014 Now Open - Deadline = 2.25.11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 10 Now Open

Deadline = Ferbruary 25, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

#12 Kent St. 8-0 (CLW) @ #11 Bowling Green 9-0 (Sox)

and

Miami, OH (Roady) @ Temple (Radio)

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up.

Oh the irony of my dream season going down the drain during a week with a deadline of The Commish's birthday. [​IMG]

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Even with the Eye of The Tiger???

I'd love to see this game streamed!

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

LOL yeah I'm tryin' to get the boys fired up. I mean it's the biggest MAC Football game in history. two ranked undefeated teams in an in-state rivalry game for a trophy and the inside track at the MAC East division.

sox and i have had some good ones this year. i don't recall the record but i think he currently has the upper hand. our games are fairly similar and we are pretty even on the sticks. unfortunately for me he just has recruited better talent that i have.

last season he had that FREAK at QB and i had the unproven true frosh Williams starting. combine that with me battling a cold flu and it lead to a BEAT DOWN. well he lost his freak and i'm not battling a cold but he still has superior talent.

breaking the teams down a bit

Offense (average starter rating - QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/T/G/C/G/T)

Bowling Green 75.5

Kent State 68.7

Bowling Green has the advantage at almost every position. The QBs and RBs are roughly =. However, Bowling Green's receivers are far superior in talent to Kent St. Bowling Green also has a big advantage with a better offensive line.

Defense (average starter rating assuming Kent St base 3-4 and Bowling Green base 4-3)

Bowling Green 75.1

Kent State 71.6

Again Bowling Green is just deeper at almost every position. Kent St. has 2 studs at MLB but everywhere else Bowling Green is superior. The biggest difference between the two comes in the secondary. Sox has 4 corners with 70+ ovr ratings. CLW has 0. In other words, Sox's Dime back is better than my "shut down"/#1 corner.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to play flawless AND have some EA gods give me a break or two (fumble/turnovers/freak play) to pull off the upset on the road. I'd bet the house on BG and I'd put the spread at -10.

EDIT: any of you guys own a Hauppage? I want to get one but my monitor is HDMI only and there are conflicting reports on the net whether you can use a converter to get the hauppage hdpvr to record/stream games online. I used to stream games from time to time in standard def. LOL I think Roady watched me go down in the GBN a year ago in the national title game to a former GBN member.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Great write up CLW..Our games are always good so that shouldn't change.Looks like we are headed to a who has the ball last game.

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I do remember that! That was just weirdness for me, though. Watching and playing are two so very different things.

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And speaking of Rocky's home town, Temple and Dat U got it on today, with an unexpected ending. I'll defer to Radio for his recap.

8. soxandgators

And I thought my girl was a tease...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

East vs West Mich:
    1st: East comes our and drives ball down my throat and scores. I'm thinking here we go again. Then my RB D Chance takes over rushing for 2 TD and over 100 in 1st Q. 14-7
    2nd: We swap TD's the West scoring with :03 left in the half!
    3rd: The West score 2 more TDs one on a lucky droped pick, my TE grabed the tipped pass and goes 47yds for the TD.
    4th: No scoring the west could have scored late in 4th but took a knee.

Coach notes and Quotes:

"We were without our starting QB, we hope he will be back by next game, Perrish came in and did a good job for us."

"Chance ran well 22 for 193 and 2TDs I give credit to our OLine they did a great job opening gapping holes"

"We moved true Freshmen T.J. Johnson into our slot wr to try and fix the drop prob and he showed us he is the real deal and can hold onto the ball 4 rec 65yds and a TD."

"Our D stopped the run but then again they have not been good a running so not like we did anything special, we allowed to many WR's to get wide open and hit us for big gains our CB's have to do a better job."

"Hey any 4 star out their we got a booster with big DEEP pockets, you will start here!!! All O Linemen welcome open comp come this spring!"

Coach Limbo Out!

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Kent St.'s dream season came to an end as the D- team's stage coach FINALLY turned into a Pumkin on the road against rival Bowling Green.

The game played out about like I thought it would. When you have two evenly matched coaches that play very similar styles and know the tendencies the game will turn on either: (1) mistakes and/or (2) overall better talent. Sox showed everyone in the GBN tonight who #2 works for. The game was tight and competitive throughout. As expected I got zilch (-3 to be exact) rushing the ball. That left me with a spread air raid type of offense. It worked pretty well but Sox's DBs were able to blanket my receivers at times leading to 6 Falcon sacks (I was only able to muster 1).

Both coaches called plays well and executed their game plans pretty much spot on as there were no miscues. Sox trailed at the half 14-7 but came out strong int he second half as his secondary stepped up their coverage quite a bit and Bowling green took a 17-14 lead heading into the 4th quarter. I was able to "hold" sox to a FG (after I kicked a field goal) to make a 20-17 game. Williams was MASTERFUL driving Kent St. down the field. Unfortunately, there were "too many big plays" and I was inside the 10 with over 2 minutes remaining. Sox very alertly burned a timeout negating my switch to the conservative clock management. Kent St. scored the go-ahead TD with 1:36 remaining.

However, I KNEW I had lost the game when I left that much time on the clock. Sure enough Sox comes out in the Spread no huddle and torches my feeble secondary and retakes the lead with a QB keeper/draw play to take a 27-24 lead with just under a minute left. I took the ball but unfortunately I had to burn a time out during Sox drive as I was attempting to set my coverage and hits to aggressive in the redzone and got caught with a Corso called play (goaline against a spread formation). That left me with little hope. I made a few plays but made my first and final mistake when I forced a throw in an attempt to avoid a sack and Sox took control of the MAC East with a 3 point victory.

GG Sox GL Rest of the Season!

11. soxandgators

That was a epic battle for the NCAA 11 ages. That is how rivalry games are supposed to be played. CLW and Onardaio gave me all i can handle. And i expect the same from Roadhouse in 2 weeks. Gl to you also the rest of the season.We might even get a rematch in the bowl game.

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Yeah it was allot of fun (until the last 1:45).

13. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Radio vs. Roadhouse in their usual nailbiter special.

Limping into to Philly, facing a snowstorm, and that Temple D, Coach Roadhouse did not want to get out of his hotel bed. But his two grad assistants, Destiny and Sierra, did what they do best and got the coach up and ready to play.

It was nearly whiteout conditions at kickoff, but that's football at its best. Roadhouse moved the ball well early on, taking a quick 3-0 lead. It went back and forth with Dat U having a 17-10 lead with 7 seconds left in the first half. But Neon Deon Miller outleaped his coverage for an amazing grab in the back of the endzone to give Temple a a tie game and a huge momentum swing.

The defenses took over in the second half as both team exchanged punts. But Myron Ross exploded untouched off the right side for a 75 yard score and the fat lady was clearing her throat. 24-17.

In the fourth quarter, Miami rocked their balanced O and punched in a John Coltraine TD to tie it up. Temple answered right back with a their third backbreaking play. This time a 42 yard strike to Charles McQueen. 31-24, are you kidding me.

Miami had the time to drive, but Temple said no. They had their ears pinned back and followed the Kent State playbook with A gap pressure and stunts to the outside. My weak link is being blownout as I've given up 8 sacks in two games.

But wait...Temple can't pick up the first down they need and they punt it back. There's still time! We move the ball a bit, but couldn't convert the 4th down play to extend the drive. Turnover. Game over.

Temple tops the tumbling troop from Oxford. At least we covered the spread.