Week 10 2014

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 14, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan won 42-14 against Mid Tenn State (3-5).
    This week, the Eagles are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) SS John Allen has committed to Ohio
    - (***) MLB Brad Britt has committed to Utah

=============== #17 Idaho Vandals (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 62-42 against Western Michigan (7-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host Mid Tenn State (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Marcus McCullough has committed to Idaho
    - (***) LE Brad Cooper has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 49-6 against Arkansas State (6-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Kalamazoo to face the #10 Western Michigan Broncos (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Cornelius Smith has committed to Kent State

=============== #16 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (6-2) ===============
    Last week the Hilltoppers were idle.
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to West Point to face the #15 Army Black Knights (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Brent Jenkins has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (3-5) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 56-49 against UL Lafayette (2-5).
    This week, the Blazers will host UL Monroe (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Robert Gilliam has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) MLB Terrell Johnson has committed to UAB
    - (***) FS Mike Miller has committed to UAB

=============== #15 Army Black Knights (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 34-7 against Navy (3-4).
    This week, the Black Knights will host #16 Western Kentucky (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Jared Carter has committed to Army
    - (**) MLB Paul Montgomery has committed to Army

=============== #10 Western Michigan Broncos (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 62-42 against Idaho (7-1).
    This week, the Broncos will host Kent State (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RT Vince Brooks has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 49-6 against Kent State (6-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Tulane (3-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Josh Rhoden has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) LT Steven Thomas has committed to UTEP
    - (**) DT Thomas Harris has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) RG Joshua Glover has committed to Rice
    - (***) RG Andrew Smith has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) RG James Merrill has committed to Arkansas State

=============== #21 Utah State Aggies (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 38-10 against Utah (6-1).
    This week, the Aggies will host UL Lafayette (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Kyle Kramer has committed to Fresno State

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-4) ===============
    Last week the Warhawks were idle.
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS T.J. Bass has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) TE J.R. Covington has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) DT Kellen Thompson has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) DT Chad Johnson has committed to USF

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 42-14 against Eastern Michigan (5-4).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Moscow to face the #17 Idaho Vandals (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Terrell Johnson has committed to UAB
    - (**) RE Randy Smith has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (2-5) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 56-49 against UAB (3-5).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Logan to face the #21 Utah State Aggies (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Michael McCoy has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) LT Steven Thomas has committed to UTEP
    - (***) CB Dylan Terry has committed to UL Lafayette

2. DirtycashDylan

WKU-56
    Army-63

Closer than I thought it was gonna be! and I learned some things about my team before playing Nik. I now have 4 legit receivers and I'm back to Alford at QB haha.

with :08 left in the 4th and down by 7 with 3 timeouts, Alfrod threw a pass to Griffin in Dime 3-2-6 zone and 6'6 Griffin came down with it at the 6 with :02 left to go! but before they stopped the clock the time had ran out.

looks like the East belongs to Hammer this year. GG Hammer and congrats.

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Plagued by Turnover Bug
    But Squeaks by #16 WKU​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Army came out clicking early, but some costly turnovers on kickoffs, and some good coaching adjustments by WKU and we had us another East Coast showdown.​
    Army QB Barry Brunetti started early by connecting with WR Geoffery Bacon for 59 yards in the first drive of the game.​
    WKU quickly drove back down and answered on a 40 yard pass from Lumpkin to Greene. Two turnovers from WKU lead to scores for Army, which allowed them to reel out 21 unanswered. Midway through the second SS Hayden Pierce jumped an underthrown corner route and took it back for 6 capping off the 21 points for Army.​
    WKU scored twice more once off of the ensuing drive of a fumble on the kickoff return and Army scored once to bring the score to 35-21 Army's lead at half.​
    Army being notorious for letting leads slip away left the door open for WKU to climb back in the second half. Western scored on their opening drive, and recovered another fumble on the Army return this time a scoop and score by Jerome Speights to tie the game at 35 apiece.​
    Shaun Griffin was the story of the 2nd half for WKU as the Freshmen wideout came in and played like a Senior. He kept making drive sustaining catches and big plays. He reeled in 2TD's in the second half as well.​
    Army's Barry Brunetti got loose for 74 yards on a option keeper near the end of the 3rd to give Army a 49-42 lead but that wouldn't last.​
    Western scored twice early in the 4th to take the lead and had Army's backs against the wall. Army came down and tied it on an out route to J. Merritt with 3:42 left. Western got the ball back and was driving, but Strong Safety Patrick Sherman picked N. Alford who was subbed in in favor of starter Lumpkin for WKU at the 2:11 mark.​
    Army began marching down field in what would be their final drive to try and win the game. At the edge of their kickers range Army with plenty timeouts elected to run. The gave the ball to Brady Earnhardt and he did the rest finding the endzone with 16 seconds left.​
    A botched squib kick gave WKU the ball with more time than Army was comfortable with however. With 8 seconds left WKU heaved the ball to phenom freshman Shaun Griffin who caught the ball inside the 5, but WKU could not get the TO in time and the clock hit 00:00. Army had survived another scare in a thrilling C-USA game and managed to somehow come out on top again moving their record to 9-0 on the year.​
    Army POTG:​
    QB Barry Brunetti 18-26 427YDS 5TD Passing 1TD Rushing 67YDS Rushing​

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Thanks dude, Real GG and heck of a comeback on your part. Your receivers are nasty, and shoring up that secondary with that recruiting class will be big for you next year IMO.

5. DirtycashDylan

Maybe my brand new secondary will catch a ball every once in a while :)

and for the record, Shaun Griffin is now a sophomore. I did put in that true freshman, Larry Green, burning his redshirt. He's 6'3-6'4 and played lights out so I can see the comparison to Griffin. His stats were 5 catches for 91 yards but that's just the beginning.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

It makes me so bitter...The West should be mine this year! Damn you Hammerhead! I still can't believe my secondary just called it a day and let you chunk those two bombs at the end of our game...

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

The west would be all of ours if we played in that shithole.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Ah my bad...Didn't mean to go slumming. I meant the East. You can't even make a catchy title at the end of the season like "How the West was Won". Cuz nobody really wins the West. Everyone else in the division just loses it.

That's why the Jeffersons moved on up to the Eastside bitches!

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I can't believe I blew a 19 point 4th quarter lead to have to throw those bombs. :)

The East has been CRAZY this year!

10. DirtycashDylan

We were in the west last year...I get confused too.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

*doesn't know which side of the conference he's in*

12. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

To be honest I can never remember what division I'm in since geographically we're split north/south

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

North side!

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I'm happy the Big 10 chose two completely unique and never-before-used names for their conference. We didn't need another East/West or North/South

15. DirtycashDylan

Legends/Leaders=strong homo

• Like Like x 1
  16. xtreme snoopy

ACC does it right but thats about it

17. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

#21 Utah State Survives In 4th Quarter Shootout - 56-45

[​IMG]

UL Lafayette opened the game looking to upset the Aggies, finishing their first drive with a touchdown in just 44 seconds, on a 34 yard TD pass from Wright. Utah State answered, however as back-up QB Dennis Brewster, filling in for injured Sapp, passed to WR Kenny Hall who scampered away from the D all the way for a 73 yard Touchdown. Lafayette would be held to a field goal on the ensuing drive to take a 10-7 lead. Utah State's Brewster would throw an interception, leading to a 1 yard TD run by ULL's Cox (heehee) to take a early 17-7 lead. ULL looked to expand the lead late in the 2nd, but a fumble gave the Aggies a chance to cut it before halftime. The Aggie drive was capped off by a 22 yard TD run by Harvey Davis to go into halftime down 14-17.

Utah State took the opening drive of the 3rd quarter and scored a touchdown on a 20 yard pass from Brewster to Joseph Jones. That would be the lone score of the 3rd quarter. Utah State headed into the 4th quarter with a 21-17 lead.

[​IMG]

The first play of the 4th quarter was a sign of what was to come in the 4th quarter. ULL's Wright connected to WR Dixon for a 17 yard Touchdown. Utah State responded with a TD to retake the lead just 42 seconds later on a run by Davis. 30 seconds later, The Cajuns' Cox broke free (heehee) for a 49 yard touchdown run to take a 31-28 lead. Utah State was determined to retake the lead however, on the ensuing drive Brewster connected to Jones once again, this time for a 78 yard TD pass. Just a few plays later, Wright hit Dixon again for a 73 yard TD pass to give the Cajuns a 38-35 lead with still 5:40 to go in the 4th. After 5 consecutive TD drives, there would finally be a break, as the Cajun D held the Aggies on 3rd and 1, forcing a punt. UL Lafayette drove down and scored their 4th TD of the 4th quarter on a 44 yard TD pass to take a 45-35 lead with only 3 minutes to go. The game looked to be just about out of reach for USU, but the Aggies drove the ball and managed to find the end zone, cutting the lead to 45-39 with 2:11 remaining. With so little time left, the Aggies lined up for the onside kick, and recovered! A few plays later and Brewster found Jones again, who shrugged off a tackle into the end zone to give Utah State the lead 49-45 with 1:46 to go. Lafayette was confident they could score yet again, but the game came down to the line on a 4th and 5 inside the USU 40 yard line. Wright could find no one open and tried to scramble for the first down, but Aggie Senior linebacker Jamie Thomas delivered the boom before the first down line, while forcing a fumble. The fumble was recovered by true freshman DE Kevin Scott who scooped the fumble and took it 63 yards to the end zone to seal the game.The play led to the Aggie fans giving coach Steamer43 praise for ending his recruitment of Tom Merrill to peruse the Freshman standout Scott who has already become a key factor of the defense.

[​IMG]

#21 Utah State extends their win streak to 4, improving to 7-3 on the season. UL Lafayette drops to 2-6, making bowl hopes bleak. The 4th quarter shootout led to some impressive stats. ULL finished with 694 yards, while USU finished with 598. ULL QB Wright went 26-42 for 556 yards and 4 TDs with 2 INTs. TE Dixon caught 6 of those passes, for 160 yards and 2 TDs. Utah State's QB Brewster finished 18-32 for 494 yards with 5 TDs and 2 INTs. Joseph Jones led all receivers with 6 catches for 202 yards and 3 TDs. Utah State will look to extend their win streak @ Eastern Michigan next week

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

This Tom Merrill guy is starting to get his name out there much like Adam Collins...I hope Merrill lives up to the billing...

19. Steamer43

Kevin Scott- 30 solo tackles, 10 TFL, 7 sacks, 2 FF, 1 FR, 1 TD

Tom Merrill- 17 solo tackles, 7 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 FF

20. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

That's cause Tom freaking Merrill plays in a 3-4 and is usually resting with the rest of my starters by the 3rd quarter.

21. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Idaho 59, MTSU 7

An autopilot drubbing. 42-7 at half. Starters pulled in second quarter. Sixmore had six more TD's and my 3rd string RB ran wild. MTSU was freaking committed to their no huddle hurry-up and it got out of hand early but they stuck with it, which was kind of stupid. Tom Merrill was his usual, glorious, winning self.

22. Steamer43

ADVANCE!

23. xtreme snoopy

2nd straight week my opponent recovered an onside. Unreal. cant believe I gave up that lead. On the plus side my freshman qb josh wright is playing as well or better than any other qb in the conference. Meanwhile freshman MLB Ben Holt IS playing better than every other LB (he shits all over collins statistically speaking- I realize collins has scoreboard) other than Henderson from EMU. Not bad for two stars

24. DirtycashDylan

Blondy done?

25. Steamer43

Kevin Scott= Nagurski semifinalist, Lombardi semifinalist

Tom Marrill= Average 3-4 DE