Week 10 2015 Now Open - Deadline = 3.26.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Mar 23, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 10 Now Open

Deadline = March 26, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

#8 Bowling Green (Sox) @ #25 Kent State (CLW)

Western Michigan (Limbaugh) @ Eastern Michigan (Radio)

Scheduling Threads up shortly....

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling threads up.

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

After close losses on the road$ Kent State and WMU, Miami limps home to face YOUR surging Buffalo Bulls!!! Eh, that was funny in the 90s....

Dat U welcomed Dougie Fresh back to the mix, and he was slicing and dicing like a Chop-Wow in the first quarter. But Dougie took a cheap shot in the pile, and reinjured his elbow. He left the game in the capable hands of John Coltraine and Jack Black. Coltraine iced the field and chewed the clock when needed, and Black had another high risk - high reward day with 417 yards passing, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs in three quarters of work.

The Miami D was cooking with gas for three quarters as they had only allowed one offensive TD to that point. In the fourth, my D got bored (or EA got cheesy, you decide) and Buffalo raced back to score three TDs in the final frame.

Miami rolls 50-35 to earn their 6th and become bowl eligible. Next week, we host the hottest team in the country - the Bowling Green Falcons.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

EMU continues their surprising season with a shocking 27-24 win over Limbo's WMU Broncos. Story of the game was EMU's 0 turnovers to WMU's 2. Both were picks with one being housed and the other leading to a FG. 10 points in a 3 point game. EMU took its first lead in the 3rd qtr with a FG to make the game 17-14. The teams would trade FG's before WMU would take the lead on a 12 yard TD pass 24-20 with 1:53 remaining. EMU piddled for a bit and found itself in a 4th and 11 do or die situation on their own 43. WMU gambled with a blitz and press coverage and TE Cowan was able to smoke the SS covering him by 10 yards and race for a 57 yard TD with 50 seconds remaining. WMU managed to get back into FG range but time expired as the FG unit was running onto the field.

EMU 4-2 in MAC play must hope their coach's old squad Temple can knock off WMU (5-1 MAC) to give them a shot at the MAC Championship.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Yea and I woke up this morning and my butt still hurts from that blitz and TE WIDE OPEN!!!! Play of the game!! Was a very good game played by EMU and there coach they shut down my run and forced me to pass..I new we where in trouble at the half. My OB Olsen had threw back to back INTS it was 2 attempts = 2 picks one being the pick 6. All credit goes to EMU for making me get single minded, tunnel vision, we had better talent they had more heart and a better coach Congratz and very well played.!!! EMU coach Onaradio34 = coach of the year. I had nightmares of that stupid TE being so open man!! what the crap why did I not play safe what a fool.

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Honestly, that last play was kinda flukey. That fat, slow TE couldnt burn a parked car like that. And his other big gain, your guy gambled for a pick. The stars aligned for EMU.

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI - do to that slacker of a Commish falling asleep on the couch last night I have delayed advancing. Sox and I are going to try for another late night gaming session tonight. Hopefully, yours truly wont act like a 70 year old and be able to stay up past his bed time.

8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

lol no problemo hope yall have a great game

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Pull up those Depends and have a coffee!

And if Sox wins, he might leapfrog back into the Nat'l Championship discussion. If the Commish wins, the MACk will have two top 10 teams. Good luck boys.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Sox crushes commish who tapped out early in this one. Note to all other GBNers do not play Sox 1/2 asleep and 1/2 drunk its a bad combination.