Week 10 2015

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jan 16, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-7) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 33-13 against Mid Tenn State (3-5).
    This week, the Eagles will host Arkansas State (3-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Garrett Moore has committed to Washington
    - (***) SS Joe Smith has committed to Ohio
    - (***) LG Matt Evans has committed to Central Michigan

=============== #4 Idaho Vandals (8-0) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 70-54 against Kent State (4-4).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Champaign to face the Illinois Fighting Illini (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Earl Walker has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 70-54 against Idaho (8-0).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host #3 Western Michigan (9-0).

=============== #24 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 74-42 against Arkansas State (3-6).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host #11 Army (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Jesse Franklin has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) RT Thad Morton has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) C Seth Merrill has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (5-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 37-14 against UL Lafayette (7-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB John Franklin has committed to Kentucky
    - (***) LE Chad Justice has committed to UAB

=============== #11 Army Black Knights (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Army won 31-6 against Wisconsin (5-2).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Bowling Green to face the #24 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Nick Hunt has committed to Central Michigan
    - (***) RT Marcus Koch has committed to Army
    - (***) TE Sean Williamson has committed to Army

=============== #3 Western Michigan Broncos (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 41-28 against Tulsa (6-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) FS Joey Bryan has committed to Oklahoma

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-6) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 74-42 against Western Kentucky (7-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Henry Hunter has committed to Minnesota
    - (***) MLB Dominic Montgomery has committed to Oregon
    - (****) WR Ben Patrick has committed to UL Monroe
    - (****) RT Mark Fellows has committed to Houston

=============== Utah State Aggies (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 37-24 against UL Monroe (4-4).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Lafayette to face the #21 UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Garrett Moore has committed to Washington

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-4) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 37-24 against Utah State (6-2).
    This week, the Warhawks will host UAB (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jim Gaston has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) TE Dan Jefferson has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) ROLB Courtney Watts has committed to UTEP
    - (****) HB Cliff Parks has committed to UL Monroe
    - (****) WR Ben Patrick has committed to UL Monroe

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-5) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 33-13 against Eastern Michigan (1-7).
    This week, the Blue Raiders are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) ROLB Larry Mixon has committed to Troy
    - (**) RG Tommy Herron has committed to Mid Tenn State
    - (***) K Chris Simmons has committed to Miami

=============== #21 UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (7-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 37-14 against UAB (5-4).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Utah State (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Cliff Parks has committed to UL Monroe

2. DirtycashDylan

I've got a big game vs Hammer this week. I've got the #1 Turnover Diff nationally and he has #2 (+14 and +13 respectively).

I just had a :4star: WR insta commit so it looks like I'm gonna be busy in the War Room :D

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

gotta love finishing in 2nd place to two :4stars: receivers and have themcommit to WKU and ULM...fml

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

DAMN YOU AJS!!!!

5. DirtycashDylan

Wow I didn't realize AJ signed 2 :4stars:s. big time

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Eh, 4 star WRs are a dime a dozen. I didn't even recruit a bunch that were interested in me cuz they honestly weren't that great. I also had some 4 star ATH that had me #1, but he was freaking awful. He was 6'1, 190 with C Spd. What the hell position would he even be able to play?

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Damn that kid Joey Bryan that committed to OU was Malcolm Cochran part 2. I didn't have room for him really but would have made it if he wanted to head north. He was a JUCO(SO) like Cochran but the #47 player in the country where as Cochran was outside the top 100 if I remember correctly. A SPD A- ACC B- AGI C+ STR B- PRC B POW C CTH B- MCV/ZCV C- BSH B TAK B+ PUR. Had offers from OU, Da U, Bama, me, Michigan and Auburn.

8. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ULM 28
    UAB 9

The Warhawks handled the blazers without much trouble. The defense had one of their better games allowing only nine points. This was behind Senoir Kelly Newton having the best game of his career with 6 Solo tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pick and he also stepped in front of an option pitch for another take-away.

ULM needs 1 more win to become bowl eligable.

Kevin Jefferson only had 3 punts but two were inside the 20. He is not having the steller year he did last year but he is still showing sings of greatness pinning other teams inside their own 10 at times.

9. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I was in a dogfight with Illinois. I pulled away in the 4th and the score looks a lot worse than it really was thanks to a sack/fumble/scoop n score on Illinois' last play of the game. I was only up 8 going into the 4th. It was pouring down rain and when my receivers DID hang onto the ball, they fumbled. I pulled Sr receiver Sam Young in the 3rd because he had 6 freaking drops. Most of my receivers had 2. Glad to get out of that game injury free and looking forward to seeing Kevin Jefferson in person next week as I try to keep ULM out of a bowl game.

10. nikpin

Is Jefferson a senior? He needs to really step it up.

11. nikpin

I updated the old discription/rules thread with the current ish this morning.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Also, at one point during our game last night, Nik got an option pitch off after I had already hit his QB. But I'm not gonna whine about it.

13. nikpin

To be fair I'm all about the cheese.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

LOL, good point... You should really make some entertaining posts today since you have the day off...I'm bored as hell up here.

15. nikpin

Leave and lets play COD. I updated the Discription. If I had Madden I would put the draft shit up.

16. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

As a quick update, I should be out in 1-2 days and will be able to resume my duties here in the league. :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Alright. I'm gonna run by GNC real quick and then I'll be home... So we can play in like 30. I'll text you.

18. nikpin

#3 Western Michigan 47
    Kent State 21

The game looked like it was going to be a blowout early as Western Michigan jumped out to a 16-0 lead and had the ball in the redzone when a fake FG run play went awry. Kent State was able to rally back and bring the score to 23-21 mid way through the 3rd quarter after two long TD runs and a TD catch by All-NP TE Gerald Johnson.

The 4th quarter was all Western Michigan though as 24 unanswered points were scored. A TD run made in 30-21 but Kent State drove down deep in WMU territory but in typical fashion threw a 90 yard TD pick six to freshman Akeem McCray to deflate the Golden Flashes. Mark Johnson threw 6 picks on the day which ultimately doomed Kent States bid for a second consecutive upset of the Broncos.

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Defense Swarms
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In a conference USA game with two fairly evenly matched teams the turnover battle ended up making the difference. The Army D stood strong and only allowed WKU 6 first half points. The key stat in this game was the turnovers, as Army forced 5 to WKU's 1. The Army Defense picked starting WKU QB N. Alford four times for the day and also recovered a forced fumble.​
    The other key factor in the game was Army's ability to run the ball. The O-line made holes all game long and HB Larry Clark finished the day with 21 carries for 221 yds and 2TDs.​
    On defense SS Patrick Sherman recorded 3tkls, 1sack, and 1int.​

20. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

[​IMG]

ULL - 35
    USU - 14

[​IMG]

The Cajun Defense Came to Play as ULL Downs the Aggies

The game began with a huge announcement from the Cajun sideline, Josh Wright was named starter for the first time this season and will forgo his redshirt year. It looked like he barely missed a beat going for a modest 224 yards but took care of the ball throwing just one INT and scoring 2 TDs. He added 42 yards on the ground and had the longest run of the game with a 33 yard scamper. The Cajun Defense shut down the Utah State offense picking off QB Adrian Sapp 4 times and forcing 3 fumbles. ULL DT J.J. Edwards had a monstrous game with 2 defensive TDs; one a fumble recovery after DE Gould forced Sapp to fumble after swallowing him up, the second an INT return after DE Sam Goodwin nailed Sapp forcing a weak ball thrown into the line which Edwards picked off and took 10 yards to the house. The Defense held up the rest of the game as well allowing only 14 points.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]