Week 10 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 12, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 10!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-7) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 38-22 against Mid Tenn State (5-4).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Tom Fowler has committed to Akron

=============== #24 Idaho Vandals (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 45-14 against Kent State (7-1).
    This week, the Vandals will host Arizona State (3-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Jon Wheeler has committed to Idaho
    - (****) HB William Lane has committed to Idaho
    - (****) TE Caleb Carlson has committed to Idaho

=============== #13 Kent State Golden Flashes (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 45-14 against Idaho (6-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Kalamazoo to face the #4 Western Michigan Broncos (9-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Travis Brown has committed to Kent State
    - (****) LG Dwayne Pierce has committed to Michigan State
    - (****) FS J.J. McFadden has committed to Ohio State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (6-2) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 37-14 against Arkansas State (4-5).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to West Point to face the #8 Army Black Knights (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Sam McDonald has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) SS Stephen Wall has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (4-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 45-21 against UL Lafayette (6-2).
    This week, the Blazers will host UL Monroe (5-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RT Trevor Tanner has committed to UAB

=============== #8 Army Black Knights (7-1) ===============
    Last week, Army won 36-22 against Louisville (1-6).
    This week, the Black Knights will host Western Kentucky (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Antonio Williams has committed to Army

=============== #4 Western Michigan Broncos (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 69-47 against Notre Dame (4-3).
    This week, the Broncos will host #13 Kent State (7-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) QB Nick Pope has committed to Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-5) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 37-14 against Western Kentucky (6-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host Eastern Michigan (1-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Mark Price has committed to Wyoming
    - (***) CB Joe James has committed to Southern Miss
    - (***) LT Trey Walton has committed to Arkansas State
    - (***) TE Jeremy Johnson has committed to Southern Miss
    - (***) RE Kurt Miranda has committed to Vanderbilt
    - (***) RE Cole Kennedy has committed to Iowa State

=============== Utah State Aggies (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 31-7 against UL Monroe (5-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host UL Lafayette (6-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Adam Strong has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) MLB Brian Hawthorne has committed to Florida State

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (5-3) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 31-7 against Utah State (5-4).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jeremy Johnson has committed to Southern Miss
    - (***) TE Jeff Rhodes has committed to Wake Forest
    - (***) SS Doug Jackson has committed to Miami
    - (***) RE Cole Kennedy has committed to Iowa State

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 38-22 against Eastern Michigan (1-7).
    This week, the Blue Raiders are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) SS Maurice Griffin has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (6-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 45-21 against UAB (4-4).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) K Adam Dailey has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (****) LE Jason Archer has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (*****) HB Jared Norman has committed to LSU

2. DirtycashDylan

Army led 38-35 at the start of the 4th quarter as I had the ball in his territory...before we got disconnected. We started another game, this time in the rain, and it looked to be another good, but defensive, game until we got disconnected in the 2nd. We're gonna try again Monday.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arkansas State - 38
    Eastern Michigan - 24

Arkansas State improves to 5-5 overall and 3-4 in C-USA play, a far cry from the predictions of certain detractors, who picked the Red Wolves to finish last. Now one more win will send this team to a bowl, but they will have to do it without Boo Skidoo, who broke some ribs early on against Eastern Michigan and will most likely miss the rest of the year. However, backup Adam Dean filled in nicely for the freshman, and led the team to a 38-24 victory. Early on, both teams came out ready to play smashmouth football, establishing the run before going to the pass. Eastern Michigan took almost the entire first quarter on their opening drive before getting a touchdown, but Arkansas State would answer back with their own TD early in the 2nd. Both teams would get one more drive in the quarter, and both had to settle for FGs, sending this game into halftime tied 10-10. The third quarter is where the game turned, as Arkansas State opened the quarter with a touchdown drive, then OLB Bernard Scott leveled the EMU HB as he tried to pop it outside on a stretch run and fumbled it, and the Red Wolves recovered. They would go on to score a touchdown, then intercept Eastern Michigan before adding another touchdown to go up 31-10. Both teams would trade TDs in the final quarter to give the game a final score of 38-24, and Eastern Michigan falls to 1-8 on the season.

GG Crumb, better luck next time, it was a hard fought game that came down to a couple big plays

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

ULL 56
    USU 42

recap coming tomorrow

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Man nobody wants to win the west this year.

I beat Arizona State. Still reeling from the absolute thrashing I took at Kent, I found myself in an early hole against Arizona State. Crappy holding calls, a fumble return, and some piss poor tackling led to the Sun Devils taking a 20-0 lead in the 2nd quarter. I fought back and came up with some big stops and worked the clock to perfection and with he TD before he half and a score on he opening 3rd quarter drive, I was back in it. I ended up taking a 2 score lead and guttin out a small victory when their onside kick (taken by a wr) only travelled 4 yards. Bizarre. Hope to get back to my winning ways next week.

6. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

With the phenomenal defense that I have if I fall two touchdowns behind, I'm in deep, deep trouble. The game could have been an entirely different story had my team managed to get the one fumble recovery in the first half when it was 10-7. I enjoyed my drive in the first quarter though as it embodied the style that I am forced to try to play.

Was entertaining though. We should be playing each year though as I think our teams matchup better than me having to deal with the WMU's of the world. ;p I truly hate the fact that those arrogant bastards have a team winning national championships etc.. (referring to the RL WMU fans).

7. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

when we advancing? only 2 games were left as of this morning

8. DirtycashDylan

adv tonight after Jkyle and AJ play

9. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

#4 Western Michigan 24
    vs
    #13 Kent State 17

1st Quarter:
    2:39 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 6 Yd Rush (7-0)
    2nd Quarter:
    6:16 TD Kent State Oscar Robinson HB #22 2 Yd Rush (7-7)
    1:35 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 51 Yd Field Goal (10-7)
    0:15 TD Western Michigan Adam Vaughn WR #88 41 Yd Pass from Adrian Pollock QB #9 (17-7)
    3rd Quarter:
    3:35 TD Western Michigan Cameron King HB #27 32 Yd Rush (24-7)
    2:10 TD Kent State John Newby HB #38 3 Yd Rush (14-24)
    4th Quarter:
    7:08 TD Kent State Terrance Mitchell K #4 38 Yard Field goal (17-24)

MVP: WMU SS Ryan Jonhson 3 Tackles, 2 Solo, 2 Interceptions

The Turning Point: There really wasn't a turning point in this game but momentum was on JQwon's side in the 2nd half as he marched down the field on nearly every drive and with a minute left and him facing a 4th and long he heaved it into the end zone. Western Michigan Freshmen SS Ryan Johnson sailed through the air and made the game clinching interception to put an end to the comeback.

Key To The Game: Turnovers were huge as Qwon through two picks and had a fumble at the goal line which resulted in my only TD drive of the 2nd half. The big play was also huge as Qwon had a 21-14 first down advantage but I was able to average 27.5 yards per completion to his 15.4.

Next Week: Snoopy gets destroyed as the Rajin Cajuns come to Waldo Stadium.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I wouldn't say heaved it into the endzone...You make it sound like I was throwing a hail mary. I was inside your 15... Dickpin

11. nikpin

The way the ball hung it there it seemed like a heave as your QB was going to the ground.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

At least I had a shot to beat you in the end...All the rest of your games have been blowouts. The 2nd closest game was your 17 point win over Redd in which he tacked on two garbage TDs in the 4th.

13. nikpin

Well DCD got a preview of every play on offense and defense and the execution of those plays. Hopefully he can make it interesting.

And also. Conference Champs! Fuck bitches, get money.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You're in the East buddy...

15. nikpin

I meant to say conference champs...

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well duh, once you've clinched the East, you've won the conference.

I don't know that anyone will even win the West this year...I think the other 5 will just lose it.

17. nikpin

Snoopy needs two Idaho losses to win the West so he can take another beating. He's got one coming against Army so ULM needs to step up and beat him.

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Third Times a Charm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After starting this game 2 times previously both teams looked to have a good read on the other as they squared off. In typical H4Y fashion though the game started off at a fast pace and again went to the wire. The big play of the game was to close the 2nd half where Army QB Derrick Gates heaved a prayer to the endzone as time expired to WR Tyler Hall to stretch the lead 31-17. We will fast forward to the 4th where WKU tied the game at 45 apiece leaving 4 minutes on the clock for Army. Army was able to work the clock and move the ball, continually picking up first downs when they needed them. Army was in field goal range with around a minute to go but was able to nearly run the clock out after forcing WKU to use their timeouts and moving the chains one final time. Army Kicker Ryan Hudson kicked the go ahead field goal with 0:13 left and that proved to be enough to win it for Army.​
    I wish I had the time to give this game the writeup it deserved because it was one of the most fun games I've played in H4Y. I love nothing more than to hear DCD cuss his defense out over the mic. GG @Dirtycashdylan.​