Week 10, 2018

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Mar 6, 2013.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

go

2. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

After 6:30 PM EST I'm free for the night. Hbu?

4. DirtycashDylan

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

6:30 est sounds good to me.

6. IrishBearcat

My roommate is finishing up a game of zombies, I'll hop on after that. Shouldn't be too much longer I hope.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Had to play twice vs Brown and the games were polar opposites....

In the first one, it was a tale of big plays. On third and long, my safety doesn't cover deep on the cover 2 and a WR streaks by for the bomb and a 70 yd touchdown. On my first possession I would throw a pick 6 that was returned 56 yards for the TD. Then to answer, my boy Chris Little would take the ensuing kickoff 106 yds to the house. Brown would answer with a long drive. Then I would connect for an 83 yd TD pass. All that happened in the first quarter and my game froze heading to the 2nd.

Game 2:

Defensive battle all the way through. Pounded the rock with Ronald Sims to the tune of 23 carries for 174 yds and 2 TDs to help his heisman campaign. With just 5 minutes left in the game and a 14-7 lead, I attempted a 42 yard field goal. However, I forgot to put my punter in to kick it as my kicker has a vagina leg and dropped it just short. Brown would march down the field and would settle for a field goal with 3:05 left to play making it 14-10. However, GTown never put the ball in the air again as they let Sims run this game out by picking up a couple first downs.

8. IrishBearcat

Crumb and I had an extremely defensive battle. The game was 5-3 Dartmouth winning all the way until :25 left in the game when I finally scored a touchdown. Was drinking a little bit with my buddies while playing and didn't realize there was :25 left and went for the 2 point to make it a 10 point game. I failed, and then realize I had just kept him alive with it only being an 8 point deficit at 11-3. Crumb threw a pick and the game was over.

#4 Dartmouth hangs on again to improve to 9-0. Great game TheCrumbIsHere

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I still maintain that I could have self-declared myself worst player on TSO with a 5-3 loss, 11-3 looked like a better loss to me. At 3-3, I intercept a pass on the one yard line and he ends up stuffing my running back in the end zone. I also had missed a field goal earlier in the game that could have made it 6-5..

Was a very interesting game though overall. I told Irish afterwards that I thought he ruined a great chance for an epic score to be posted here for a dynasty game at TSO and for our league at 5-3 by "running up the score on me" to 11-3. (such bad manner I know) However, I did feel sorry for making Irish think that I was annoyed about him adding that final TD in. In a lot of ways, he made it look a lot better for me losing 11-3 vs trying to explain how I managed to lose 5-3.

It reminded me as well of a game I played on Madden on the PC many years ago. In one of my Detroit Lions Franchises, I had one game I played against the Green Bay Packers at Green Bay where I literally lost the game 3-2. It was a game played in the down pouring rain and neither team could do anything. I actually nearly won the game at the end on a second safety but Green Bay would manage to kill the clock on me instead of letting me claim a 4-3 win.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IrishBearcat

^The misunderstanding was 110% my bad Crumb, I am sorry for that one.

In retrospect wish I did leave it at 5-3, was pretty hilarious. You are FAR from the worst on TSO, I'd consider myself decently solid and you always give me fits.

11. IrishBearcat

12. DirtycashDylan

Advance coming tonight