Week 10, 2020

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by jandy, May 14, 2013.

1. jandy

jandy Walk On

cyhiphopp I can't play Tuesday, but I can play anytime on Wednesday. Just let me know a time that works for you

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sorry, I've been out of the loop a bit. I can play tonight or tomorrow after 9 PM CST. Let me know if that works for you.

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, so I won't be able to play then. LongGONE24's call on where to go from here

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I can roll on Saturday at the same time if that's ok.

5. jandy

jandy Walk On

I work for a minor league baseball team and they're home this weekend which means games at night. I might be able to play Sunday night but I don't want to hold up the advance that long

• Like Like x 1
  6. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

It's fine guys coz I'm going on a las minute camping trip this weekend I'll be home Sunday night or Monday morning.

Take yr time sorry for the hold up on my end but this is a game that must get played

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I can probably play earlier than 9 PM on Sunday, as soon as I drop my kids off at their moms.

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

FYI, jandy and I are going to roll at about 10CST Monday. He had something come up last night.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Capture.JPG
    REMATCH!!
    Another epic showdown! In yet another 1 vs 2 matchup for the Irish, the good guys came out on top with some late game heroics. Both defenses came to play again this week just like the game vs Wisconsin. Neither team scored in the first quarter and the Irish struck first in the second by grinding out a short TD run. They would also add a FG before halftime to make the score 10-0. Both teams spent the first half feeling each other out.

The Irish passing game was atrocious on the day, with 2 picks and only 144 passing yards, but the running game showed some consistency. However they did so without starting HB Jeremy Hill who was AGAIN knocked out for game. The rest carries were spread out between RS Fr Terrence Gibson and the two QBs.
    The defense was forced to answer the call. Alabama had the opposite problems on offense, their run game couldn't get traction, but their pass game lit up, especially in the second half. They were able to make some DEEP connections to their top WR and TE. The Tide ended up with 299 passing yards on the day. The fourth quarter was money time for their QB as he marched down for a short FG and then connected to the big TE for a huge play to tie up the game with less than 2 minutes remaining.
    The Irish did their best to answer and hit some big passing plays themselves, but the drive fizzled out and ND kicked the go ahead field goal with about 1:20 left. "Too much time on the clock," coach HipHopp would later tell the press. "We should have run the ball when we got close to the red zone at the end and kicked a chip shot with as little time left on the clock as possible." Coach lucked out and his defense stood tall one more time. Bama had some success moving the ball, but it soon came down to a 4th and long. The Irish secondary covered long enough to force a BIG coverage sack and a turnover on downs. The Irish then kneeled out the clock.

The deciding factor in the game was the pass rush. ND broke through an excellent Bama OL for 7 sacks on the day. Some were coverage sacks and others on well timed blitzes. Without those impact plays, the Bama offense would have no doubt gotten many more yards through the air.

Player of the game: SR LB Prince Gibson - He ended up with 6 solo tackles, two of them sack and 3 more tackles for loss. He busted through the line and punished the Bama running back early, setting the tone for the day and forcing Bama to be one dimensional. He then stood up late with some great blitzes when the D knew that the Tide would have to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jandy

jandy Walk On

Sorry for the hold up fellas, but it looks like we're ready to move on to week 11!