Week 10 Atlanta 38 Seattle 31

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Mar 14, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jan 6, 2010
    Week 10 Atlanta 38 Seattle 31

What started off as a slow and conservative game from a play calling standpoint, quickly turned into a wild west shoot out with the beginning of the 2nd half.

Matt Ryan came to play this week, connecting on 11 of 16 passes for 308 yards and 4 TD's. Matt Hasselbeck would not be outdone, connecting for 26 of 34 for 411 yards, 4 TD's of his own, and an ill timed INT.

Play of the game had to be the first long Michael Jenkins TD... Let's try this highlight stuff out...
    This was at the 0:16 mark in the 3rd quarter, with a 17-14 Atlanta lead.

Hasselbeck's Seahawks would not be outdone nor would they go away, as Hasselbeck connected with John Carlson on a beautiful seam route at 4:57 mark of the 4th quarter.

Jenkins second TD sealed the fate of the Seahawks, as Ryan camped out in the pocket and laid a gem in the breadbasket of Jenkins as he was down field on a long 3rd and 18 late int he 4th quarter...

Terrifically exciting game for the fans and coaches alike... I believe DJDunn did have a controller casualty on the first Jenkins TD (and I can't blame him).

Offensive Players of the game
    Atlanta Falcons
    Michael Jenkins - 2 receptions for 166 yards, 2 TD's
    Seattle Seahawks
    Matt Hasselbeck - 26 of 34 411 yards, 4 TD's, INT

Defensive Players of the Game
    Atlanta Falcons
    Curtis Lofton - 5 tackles, 1 INT
    Seattle Seahawks
    Mike Vrabel - 6 tackles, 1 sack

Great game DJDunn.

Next up for Atlanta is a trip to St. Louis.

Just an FYI to the league, I've uploaded 4 highlights total to myeasports world account, plus the biggest play of the year for the Falcons... The infamous Michael Jenkins catch against Winuvas' Bucs in the first showdown... "The catch" as the local media has affectionately coined the play, set up the eventual go ahead TD scamper by Matt Ryan.

Sooner or later I'll figure out how to embed the videos up here...