Week 10 Game of the week *Maryland 7 @ #3 FSU 37*

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 25, 2010.

?

Who Wins this weeks game of the week??

1. Maryland (phbaseball)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FSU (HotRod)

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Week 10 Game of the week *Maryland 7 @ #3 FSU 37*

[​IMG]

FSU comes into this week’s game one of the hottest teams in the country leading the nation in scoring with 44.6 points per game not only beating all of their opponents, but demolishing them. This week FSU and their High powered offense host the Maryland Terps. This is FSU last user matchup of the season before the ACC Championship Game.
    FSU Leaders

Passing
    C. Ponder 186 ATT 124 COMP 2291 Yards 28 TD 12 INT

Rushing
    J. Thomas 110 ATT 839 Yards 7.6 YPC 8 TD 104.9 YPG

Receiving
    B. Reed 25 REC 429 Yards 17.2 Avg 6 TD 71.5 YPG

Tackles T. Parks- 27, Interceptions O. Jenije- 5, Sacks B. Jenkins- 6

[​IMG]

Maryland is coming into this week’s matchup off a much needed bye week. Two weeks ago Maryland loss a key ACC game to Miami on the road, this week they go on the road again but this time to take on #2 FSU. Maryland has had some tough losses this season, but a win this week against FSU would go a long way to making this season one of success. Even though they will be a huge underdog, Maryland has a well coached defense capable of slowing down the FSU offense. Maryland currently has the #15 ranked pass defense, and #22 ranked defense overall. The key to Maryland having a shot at the upset will be to stay even or win the turnover margin in this game. On the season turnovers has been the downfall for the terps as they are negative 10 on the season.

Maryland Leaders

Passing
    J. Robinson 176 Att 103 Comp 1430 Yards 5 TD 14 INT

Rushing
    D. Meggett 94 Att 545 Yards 5.8 YPC 7 TD 109.0 YPG

Receiving
    R. Tyler 32 Rec 630 Yards 19.7 Avg 2 TD 78.8 YPG

Tackles A. Wujciak – 34, Interceptions C. Chism – 2, Sacks D.Drummond – 7

The gameday crew is going with the favorite FSU, can Maryland pull the upset of the season??? What say you?

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

No way Maryland wins this one (sorry man). Florida State has too many weapons.

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I guess your still have that 52 point meeting on your mind... but at the same time how good is FSU defense because you were able to put up 50 yourself.

Maryland has kept most of their games close, win or lose. Maybe they have a conservative offense and defense... When your an underdog you need the game to move fast with little amount of possessions and keep the game close into the 4th quarter... I honestly believe Maryland can do that if they keep their turnovers in check and not force bad passes... It's better to punt and live another day, then give the high powered FSU offense a short field.

If they keep it close the pressure will be on FSU and Maryland will have a chance for the upset. I haven;t made my pick for this game yet

4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'm going upset! Go Terps!

5. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Same here... I'm backing Maryland this week

6. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Maryland lets down the two people in the world who thought they could pull the upset and falls to Florida State 37-7.
    Florida State continues to roll, beating the Terps 37-7

Maryland could not contain Florida State's high powered offense on this day and did very little themselves when they had the ball. The only bright spot in the game for the Terps was the return of backup runningback Davin Meggett who came back after missing the last four weeks due to injury to rush for 117 yards on 15 carries and one touchdown.