Week 10 Game Summaries (2014)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 32
    Baylor 31

Kansas looked like they had no chance in this game as they just got dominated in the 1st half by Baylor. Baylor led 24-0 late in the 2nd but Kansas kept playing their game. With 0:13 left Anthony Pierson ran in a TD with 0:13 left, and the 2-point conversion made it 24-8 at half. Baylor scored on its 1st possession of the 2nd half to go up 31-8 and Kansas just looked out of it. But after that the defense stepped up and did not allow a point. KU was able to score 17 points in the last 4 minutes of the 3rd to only be down 31-25. They had a long possession in the 4th quarter and looked like they’d take the lead with about 3 minutes left on the Baylor 2 yard line. But they just could not pound it in and turned it over on the 2 yard line. After a 3-and-out Kansas got the ball right back at the 25-yard line. On their 1st play they scored on a 25 yard pass with 1:20 left, but Baylor had 3 timeouts and only needed a FG. Kansas was able to hold on and got the ball around the 50 and got to run the clock out. Drunk Kapono just didn’t have it in the 1st half but I guess it wore off as the game went on.

Brock Berglund (QB)- 10-21 for 108 yards, TD, INT
    Darell Pearson (QB)- 11-18 for 170 yards, TD
    Anthony Pierson (HB)- 10 carries for 25 yards, 2 TD
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 7 carries for 35 yards
    Jacorey Shepherd (WR)- 7 receptions for 105 yards, TD
    Reggie Daniels (WR)- 3 receptions for 57 yards, TD
    Jake Farley (MLB)- 16 tackles, 4 TFL
    Ray Mitchell (SS)- 11 tackles, 2 TFL, sack

2. jandy

jandy Walk On

#7 Oklahoma 63​
    Iowa State 21​
    OU @ ISU yr 4.PNG
    Oklahoma's offensive tear continued this week against the Cyclones in Ames. The passing attack led the Sooners to victory, as QB Blake Bell threw for over 300 yards and 5 TD's. Oklahoma put 35 on the Cyclones in the second quarter, and had their starters resting the entire fourth. ​
    Key performers:​
    QB Blake Bell - 25/40, 310 yards, 5 TD, 2 INT​
    WR Keith Harrel - 5 rec, 119 yards, 2 TD​
    WR Mark Poole - 6 rec, 77 yards, 2 TD​
    TE Max Stevenson - 4 rec, 30 yards, TD​

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Miami 51
    Virginia 21

This game was played in a blizzard, but the Hurricanes weren't fazed at all. Eduardo Clements averaged 9 yards per carry and finished with 244 yards on the day. He also had an 84 yard KR TD. The Cavs usually are the Canes Achilles heal, but not this year, they were determined to send this program a message and they did that.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

sorry what does that mean?

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

sorry what does that mean?

7. Bulldog

look at the thread title ;)

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

lol I said I was drunk when I played it

9. Bulldog

lol ill change it

10. Bulldog

#13[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#1

Dawgs barely escape the Gators 23-21!
    [​IMG]

In week 10 the Bulldogs barely beat the Gators in Jacksonville, FL(mutual site). The Dawgs ended up winning by only 2 points(23-21). QB Christian Lemay completed 10 out of 24 passes for 144 yards and 1 TD. HB Isaiah Crowell lead the Bulldogs once again rushing for 154 yards and 1 touchdown on 34 carries. On defense DT Mike Thornton lead the pack with 3 tackles and 2 sacks. Next week the Dawgs are on BYE and then play Auburn at home.

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Auburn escapes Death Valley

Auburn - 17
    LSU - 16

Was a battle of the Tigers as Auburn rolled into Death Valley looking to stay perfect on the season. LSU was up for the fight however, playing impressive defensively against QB Kiehl Frazier. However this allowed HB Mike Blakely to run wild at times, racking up well over 100 yards.

The teams traded Touchdowns in the first quarter, with LSU striking first, but Auburn responded when Blakely took a sweep 79 yards to the house to make it 7-7 at the end of one. After field goals from both teams the halftime score was 10-10.

The third quarter saw no scoring until an eight yard strike from Frazier to Alvin Smith to put Auburn up seven. However, LSU responded in under a minute, scoring on a 14 yard touchdown pass. However, the Auburn special teams came up huge, blocking the extra point to preserve the lead. The Tiger offense controlled the fourth, and the defense held on both possessions to keep the perfect season alive.

Stats

Passing
    K. Frazier - 8/18, 78 yds, 1 TD/0 INT

Rushing
    M. Blakely - 13 att, 174 yds, TD