Week 10 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thievaryx, Oct 14, 2009.

1. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Oct 6, 2009
    Week 10 Game Summaries

Kent State controls game...

and beats up on rival Akron to the tune of 28-13. Akron got on the board early with a FG, Kent State proceeded to fumble the kickoff return. It was shaping up to be a long day at the office for thievaryx.

From that point on, it was all Kent State as they went on to establish a punishing rushing attack. The score truly does not reflect the level of dominance that KS exhibited in this game.

The score was kept close bey a few poor decisions by KS QB Magazu that led to interceptions.

Kent state has truly turned it around and now sits at 4-2 in conference play, the only two other 2 loss teams in their division are Ohio (whom KS beat head to head) and Temple (which they will be matching up with in a couple of weeks.

Kent state holds its destiny. Time will tell if they can capatalize.
  2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Sep 18, 2009
    Thriller in Colorado!

Air Force - 26
    Navy - 21

If you were at home watching the first half on TV, you probably changed the channel. Defenses were playing well, and no offense was shown what so ever. Then, out of no where in the 4th Qtr, both teams exploded for a combined 35 pts.

Halftime: 7-3 Navy
    End Of 3rd: 7-6 Navy

Navy struck first in the 4th Qtr with a TD run by Dobbs. 14-6 Navy
    On the kickoff, B.Michaels ran it back 92 yards for a score. With a 2pt conversion, it was 14 all.

On the next kick off, Navy runs is back 70 yards, then Dobbs scores on a 20 Yard option run. 21-14 Navy.

Now, on the 3rd kickoff in a row, Michael runs it back 88 Yards for the score. His 2nd of the game. Looked like we were going to be all tied up, until the kicker missed the FG. 21-20 Navy. On the next navy drive, they decide to go to the air and the ball is picked by A.Wright for a TD. 2pt conversion failed. 26-21 Air Force

Navy gets the ball back with 1:50 left. They drive down into Air Force territory but Air Force comes up with 2 big sacks and a turnover on downs to seal the deal.

Player of the Game -
    RB B.Michaels 3KR 201 Yds 2TD's

Air Force is now 8-2..... still wont be ranked because the strength of schedule was horrible.
  3. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Oct 6, 2009
    Thats awesome Lee, most have driven you nuts and gotten your blood boiling... either way, instant classic I suppose
  4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Oct 5, 2009
    Nevada vs. San Jose St.

First, let me take the time to say hello to everyone.

Now, some key factors that Nevada and the OLD BALL COACH have to adress before they can even mention any kind of Chamionship. Our defensive tackling is terrible. I'm not the best player by any means, but it has been a long time since I've given up 100 yds total rushing to any team, more less one player. We are on the recruiting trail trying to adress this problem as we speak. Next, our running gm is not so hot; maybe its the "Nevada" pistol formation (tried something new, my fault); but this is a easy fix. Overall, we need to start winning to get this program on the road to GLORY!!!
    Now, for the game sumary. The game started off with both defenses playing very stout. I managed to through a couple of passes to set up a couple of scores, but the running game (as mentioned before was horrific 18 carries 39 yds). Our defense couldn't stop the running back from san jose st; only managed to contain him. He ended up with 139 yds on just 16 carries, Whoa!!!
    Anyway, my Qb was decent. He went 22 of 38 for 342 and 2 tds. However, from the end of the third to midway through the fourth, he hit a dry spell. He threw 9 straight incompletions with 3 drops. We managed to make a couple of big sacks on third down which kept san jose punting the ball quite frequently. I believe if they hadn't fallen behind, they could have run the ball all game long. Final score Nevada 41 San Jose St 18 (gm closer than score indicates)
    Overall good win for program, but there is much room for improvement!!!
  5. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Memphis vs Tennesee

Tennesee 42 Memphis 28

The Memphis defense did not show up for this game at all. Missed tackles, poor coverage, dropped floating interceptions, etc. The Tennesee offense made a mockery of the Memphis D, by racking up 6 touchdowns. Memphis didnt have trouble moving the ball, when the recievers werent dropping it. Tennesee was the better team and took home the W.