Week 10 GOTW

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -Cougars-, Aug 9, 2011.

1. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

#3[​IMG] VS #11[​IMG]

This week we have the undefeated Boston College Eagles who came off a huge win again Virginia Tech last week taking on the Terrapins of Maryland. Boston College is turning a lot of heads of the College football world sitting at #3 due to Montel Harris. Maryland sits at one loss to Miami from early on in the season but has rebounded nicely winning 5 games straight after that loss. Boston College sits at #5 of total offense with well over 3,000 yards while Maryland sits at 84 with only 2,359 yards. Both teams are pretty good at shutting down the run, Boston College ranks #2 while Maryland is behind them sitting at #4. Boston College has better stats all around while Maryland seems to be the underdog in this one we won't give up and we will give 110%. I don't know who will come out on top but what are your predictions?!​

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I gotta go with BC in this

3. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Thread should be renamed to Boston College Game of the Week.

4. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

CARDIAC KIDS WIN ANOTHER BARN BURNER

[​IMG]
    BC goes home with the victory but it is marred by several assistant coaches resigning in what some are calling, "Playbook Gate".

Coach Natural shed light on the incident that nearly overshadowed his team's big win ."Right when we were about to hit the field Mars asked to look at our playbook and then realized...no one brought them. EITHER OF THEM, offense or defense! I don't think this has ever happened before at this level so I told him to go out there and wing it, like it was play ground ball."

And boy did Mars' deliver. Without the coaches restrictions on his play he put on a dazzling show throwing for 507 yards and 5TD's in the pouring rain. Outside of the two INTs Mars' was perfect. Picking apart the Maryland defense and then going deep to his new favorite target Ifeanyi Momah who's 6'6 frame allowed him to take advantage of a much smaller Terrapin secondary.

Someone tipped Maryland off about Boston College's playbook problems. The Terrapin defense ganged up on Heisman hopeful Montel Harris completely shutting him down, holding him to 45 carries on 16 rushes and 0 TD's. The same could not be said for top RB Davin Megget who errupted for 247 yards on 27 carries and 4TD's. "The guys on defense had a much harder time diagramming their own plays. We told them just point to a man and that's who you got. Obviously no one got Megget."

Mars' started hot early leading BC to 10 first quarter points but this is around the time the Maryland coaches realized what was going on out there.
    "I'm not sure if anyone even tipped them off. Their defense might have seen Mike drawing plays in the mud out there haha." Tip off or not they locked in on BC's offense, forcing back to back INT's for touchdowns and going into halftime with a 28-17 lead. "Our guys had been there before, it's not the first time we have been down big at half. But we know what quarter is the one that really counts."

BC came out fired up after halftime, driving down the field for a score. Even though their offense seemed to get back on track their defense continued to get gashed by Megget as he scored on a 5 yard run as the Terrapins answered. As he has done all year Mike Marscovetra played best when it mattered most.

Although not known for his speed Ifeanyi Momah somehow got behind the Maryland secondary for a 55 yard TD pass with 1:46 remaining. Maryland responded with a drive of their own running down the field on several consecutive carries by Megget, scoring on a 1yd run with 37 seconds remaining. "The kid is incredible, I can't say enough about the job Megget and their oline did. He definitely got my Heisman vote today."

This score set up Boston College with 32 seconds on the clock and two time outs from their own 24 yard line. Mike Mars knew their national championship hopes were on the line. He went deep to his go to target Momah but he was well covered by the Maryland secondary. Mars seen they were keying on Momah so he was able to hit his tight end for a 15 yard gain and he was able to get out of bounds to stop the clock. After a couple quick completions and a timeout Momah did get loose on a quick slant and galloped down to the Maryland 20 yard line. Running a hurry up offense Mars' caught Maryland's defense off guard and out of position. They switched to a deep zone to prevent giving up any points but the Eagles' 4th Quarter Kid would not be undone. He found Momah in the back of the endzone for the game winner in tight coverage with 8 seconds left on the clock.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/87572899

"We don't have the most gifted team in the country but our guys have one thing I wouldn't trade for the world......and that's heart."

Boston college moves to 9-0 in sole control of the ACC.

Stats

Passing

M. Marscovetra - 27/36 507 yards, 5 TD/3 INT

Rushing
    M. Harris - 16 car, 45 yards, 0 TD

Receiving
    I. Momah - 8 rec, 232 yards, 2 TD
    B. Swigert - 5 rec, 76 yards 2 TD
    C. Pantale - 5 rec, 67 yards, 1 TD

Defense
    L. Kuechly 9tck 1 INT