Week 10 Now Open - Deadline 10.4.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Oct 2, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 10 Now Open - Deadline 10.4.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 10 Now Open

Please complete by October 4, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Bowling Green (Sox) @ Kent St. (Commish)

Toledo (Colts) @ Akron (DJ)

Buffalo (mikedredd) @ Miami (Roady)

Scheduling threads up shortly...

[YOUTUBE]dajn9Bk24CY[/YOUTUBE]​

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up.

Good Luck to Everyone!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Ye Gods man. Can't you warn a brother! I wasn't expecting to see the full frontal Clinton like that. It kinda scared me. :eek:

4. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Through Week 9 here are the GBN passing leaders by user team:

[​IMG]

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Good Stuff Mike

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Sox kickin' butt in the passing game. Commish must work harder to regain passing title.

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Why did I ask for that?

Damn. Mikedredd puts the most dominating lockdown on Miami in two years. Absolutely nothing worked for Dat U. My backup QB was rattled from snap one by constant pressure, and was lucky to only throw 3 INTs. Nasty, nasty pressure that didn't stop for 60 minutes.

The weirdest play was about how my season has gone. Clinging to the game, nursing a 10-0 deficit, Miami forces a fumble around midfield. We recover and get set to return. No sooner than the camera angle switches, then it switches back. Buffalo snaps the ball away from whoever picked it up and returns it for a positive gain and a first down. Of course, the Bulls march on to score.

The second weirdest play still bothers me. I actually got an INT and returned it to the 19. With 6 seconds left, I wanted a chance at the end zone. I was blitzed up the middle and sacked before I finished the drop back. As soon as my QB's head hit the turf, I was hitting the TO button to bring on the FG team. But the clock had 0:00 showing! No frigging way was that 6 seconds. Some home cooking I get. And that was the closest I would sniff the end zone all day.

The only positive point was that we didn't give up a redzone TD. Yeah, big whoop.

Anyway, GG Dredd. That was tight werk.

8. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buffalo finally has a win, and has coach mikedredd to thank. He made the call to private security to sequester his team from the hookers on the Dat U payroll whose priority was to tire out his players with late night partying, coach had no comment on reports that the "ladies of the night" were re-directed to the coaches floor.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Operation Lawrence Taylor goes horribly wrong. "We were just trying to be a good host!" says Coach Roadhouse.

Not even the hoes could score vs. Buffalo...

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple pounds everyone's most hated rival and weekly pain in the ass Ohio Bobcats 37-14. Bernard Pierce goes off for 230 yards on the ground at 8.8 a pop and 2 td's. Best game the Owls have played all year.

11. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish defeats Sox in a game of Tecmo Bowl 36-29 scoring the final TD (63 yd pass) with 13 seconds left. Defense was by and large optional as both teams showed why their passing attacks are consider by many to be the best in the MAC.

Kent St. Passing - 25/30 424 Yds 4 TD 2 INT

Bowling Green Passing - 32/44 394 Yds 1 Td 1 INT

of note, sox told me that in some leagues Pass Commit has been banned. I didn't realize this and I told him that it was fair game in the TGT. I personally don't think it helped either one of us (see above #s).

#1 Does anyone know why other leagues have banned pass commit?

#2 Should we ban the commit feature?

Unless someone can explain to me how it can be easily abused/ is an AI exploit I'm inclined to allow ppl to use the commit ("defense" is getting pretty weak IMO)

12. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I dont use pass committ ever almost every league here does have it banned though. Only reason i know this is because i am in half of them lol. As far as if it exploits the AI i cant say. I know in 10 it did. Run committ i know exploits the AI for sure especially with the dline breaking through like it does now. Toledo has a great DL and can get to QB easily with rushing just 4.

Toledo wins 17-7. Starting HB for Toledo goes out early in the game that we were missing starting Qb already. Offense struggled but defense was in top notch shape as they forced 4 turnovers. Toledo is now 6-3 and bowl eliglible

PS. F the colts

13. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

The ban is kinda a holdover from '10. The thought behind it was kinda like the game plan features, there wasn't enough risk involved. For example, you pass commit but stuff the run. There just wasn't any reason for people NOT to do it. Therefore, it's an unbalanced and unrealistic (unsim) feature and was banned.

We allow it in 2 dynasties I'm in. I don't have a problem with it this year except in some circumstances. I don't think you should be able to do the "show blitz" and pass commit. That's trying to have your cake and eat it too.

14. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

WTF has happened to my D!! I gave up 330 yards rushing to CMU. That RB would make a cut, a juke, then stiff arm 2 defenders and take off to the house.

I was unable to even slow this guy down.