Week 10 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Week 10 Power Rankings

1. Colts - Using Teddy Ginn Jr. now as a weapon. They are scary.
    2. Chargers - Flying through undefeated and really under the radar. How does that happen?
    3. Giants - Have survived a tough early schedule with only 1 loss.
    4. Vikings - Yes they are undefeated, but they haven't beat 1 team with a winning record. Until they prove something, they won't move up.
    5. Falcons - Blitz happy defense is wreaking havok.
    6. Bills - Early season loss seems like a huge abberattion.
    7. Patriots - Have a very tough mid season schedule that includes the Colts, Texans, Jaguars, and Bills.
    8. Texans - A couple of tough losses to solid teams.
    9. Panthers - Have trudged through a tough schedule in OK shape.
    10. Seahawks - They are flying high and look to roll to another divison championship.
    11. Cowboys - Looks like they are finally getting the running game more involved.
    12. Eagles - Tied with the 'Boys in the East but allowing too many points.
    13. Steelers - Bungles are faltering and the champs are regaining form.
    14. Jaguars - Are rolling with Jones-Drew in MVP form. Tough schedule upcoming.
    15. Titans - AFC South's bottom team is #15 in our rankings. Yikes!!!
    16. Saints - So far they get a pass for their wicked schedule. But they must turn it around in a hurry.
    17. Raiders - Still hanging around even with that talent. Says a lot.
    18. Bears - Soft schedule and a 4-4 record, but still in the playoff hunt.
    19. Bengals - They are really going in the wrong direction lately.
    20. Packers - They need to get Ryan Grant the damn football!
    21. Redskins - It'll be tough to claw their was back in that division.
    22. Ravens - Two consecutive wins and their talent should keep them competitive.
    23. 49ers - Their new owner alone shoots them up our rankings.
    24. Browns - Ditto.
    25. Rams - Well atleast they have Steven Jackson. . .oh wait not they don't.
    26. J-E-T-S - If they have any playoff aspirations they must beat the Jaguars this week.
    27. Broncos - 6 straight losses, then their owner sells the team. Ouch!
    28. Dolphins - The power ranking staff says Dolphins better than their one win.
    29. Chiefs - They really need a draft to improve key positions.
    30. Buccaneers - Wasn't this once one of the greatest defenses of all time? This year 315 points allowed. Good God!
    31. Lions - Yah, they are always here aren't they.
    32. Cardinals - Their underacheivement keeps them at the bottom of our rankings.

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Vikes schedule is very vanilla and they have all those defensive weapons and give up 20+ per game.

3. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

bro...barber has been out since week 2 and wont be back till nxt week

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think the Chiefs are rated too high. And they need more than a draft - they need a new coach to play their games! lol

Chiefs should be 32.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

teddy ginn!!

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Finally getting some love

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Moving on up!! lol

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

You are too hard on yourself. Your teams talent stinks and it is awesome that you even stick through it. Most owners with bad teams (yes me) abandon them as soon as another opens. I respect your dedication a lot! Put some talent on your team in the off-season and I bet your Chiefs will fly up these rankings.

(y)

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Bellicheck running off at the mouth again.
    If Pats werent so worried about taking shots at an undefeated team with a 4 game division lead, they might realize that the Buffalo freaking Bills are running away with the AFC East.

10. coachgaddy

You absolutely right I need to regain control of the East.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sadly, the Chiefs are not even a team I'm a fan of, until now. The only reason I picked them was I had them in the other online franchise I started on with Nate (4th and 1), and I knew their personnel. The depressing part is I could have grabbed a much better team but took the Chiefs because of:

1. Cap space (most with rosters we started with)
    2. Knowledge of personnel (fat good it did me, half my roster is FA signees now lol)
    3. Desire to build up a team(fat lot of good that does me too lol)
    4. Not wanting to take a good team and take them to crap with my play (which would have happened).

There are some moves I made in free agency that have not paid dividends, and some trades that were bad, but oh well. The Chiefs still stink, but I'm not gonna give them to a newbie.

12. coachgaddy

Did you ever try that roster maneuver I sent you?

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah I tried most of the moves. I am trying a different playbook of the 3-4 variant, the Jets 3-4, which has a 46 defense which I like. Gonna try it the rest of the season. If it doesn't work out I'll have to cut some personnel and retool for a 4-3 defense.

14. gatornation0620

gatornation0620 Will the Bucs go 0-16?

we are undefeated and moving up, of course that undefeated record is against the cpu...lol

15. coachgaddy

Next Weeks Rankings should be very interesting as the Colts, Chargers, Bills and Falcons all lost.

1. Colts - Using Teddy Ginn Jr. now as a weapon. They are scary.
    2. Chargers - Flying through undefeated and really under the radar. How does that happen?
    3. Giants - Have survived a tough early schedule with only 1 loss.
    4. Vikings - Yes they are undefeated, but they haven't beat 1 team with a winning record. Until they prove something, they won't move up.
    5. Falcons - Blitz happy defense is wreaking havok.
    6. Bills - Early season loss seems like a huge abberattion.
    7. Patriots - Have a very tough mid season schedule that includes the Colts, Texans, Jaguars, and Bills.

16. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

The Bengals have to right the ship this week against the Steelers or its going to be a long uphill battle for the rest of the season.

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Chiefs will definitely be at 32 when new power rankings come in. If they aren't then they are rigged.

18. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

LOL the titans own your division, first the jets get dominated, then i got brady cryin like tebow after the sec title game, last week the bills fall to the power of my defense, and in two weeks ill mop the floors with the phins, no disrespect but the the AFC south hands down is the best conference, Colts, titans, jags, and texans are skilled owners with skilled position players. The only problem is one of us is gonna get screwed out of a wildcard spot cuase ill put money both wildcards in the AFC this year are coming out of the south!!!

And in the power poll, for the bucs, you said they had one the best defenses all time, the only problem with that is it is past tense... Monte and Lane all up in Tennessee wreaking havoc in the SEC. We lost some close games and lose to some teams we should have beat but with no tebow and no ingram next year we are gonna run wild on the SEC east. GO VOLS! btw out of town dec 31-jan1. GOING TO THE CHICKFILA BOWL TO WATCH MY ALMA MATER DESTROY VTECH.

19. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Vtech blows, They play in the Fila bowl every year and lose... The whole bowl game thing is tiresome. College football just isn't exciting anymore.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Shame that I figured out long time ago how to fix college football as far as a playoff system that would institute the "bowl" system as well.

You got the following conferences:
    MAC
    WAC
    Big East
    SEC
    ACC
    Sun Belt
    Big 10
    Big 12
    Conference USA
    Mountain West
    Pac-10

11 conferences overall. No more independents. That's right, Notre Dame, get off your high horse. EVERY conference has a championship game. Winners of those games are your automatic bids to the playoffs. Five teams are voted in as at large bids using strength of schedule, polls, and a small percentage (say 5%) fan based voting. Then conferences are seeded based on total win percentage of all teams in conference (this means that the WHOLE conference needs to be strong for a team to have a higher seed in the playoff rung!). Champions of conferences are seeded 1-11, then 12-16 are seeded by a committee (similar to basketball tournament).

Eight games are played the first or second week in December, using the "lower" tier bowls as neutral grounds and base it as close geographically as possible for "home" team advantage. EX: Gator Bowl would be more favorable for Florida based team to play in since it's closer.

Four games are played the next week in December, using the next tier of bowls up, including one of the big dogs (Orange, Fiesta, Rose, Sugar).

Two games are played the next week in December, using the big dogs as neutral grounds.

Last game is last week in December/first week in January, and is rotated between the big bowl sites (same as BCS title game is now).

All money made by TV contracts is split between the conferences, and the more teams you have representing, the more money you get. Of course each team in the playoff gets a good cut from the conference money pile as well. So if the SEC gets 3 teams in, they get more cash to divvy amongst the schools that didn't make it in to get them better for next year.

Everyone makes money, bowl system stays represented a little, and you have a month of playoffs in college football that doesn't interrupt the NFL playoffs. Call it "December to Remember" or something catchy like March Madness and watch the billions of dollars roll in.

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

Sorry but that Pac-10 won't ever have a championship game. We are the ONLY conference with a full round robin schedule. . .so that more than makes up for a lack of "championship game". (Nobody can say they dodge USC anymore. . .this isn't true in the SEC or Big 12 where you routinely have teams playing in that championship game who haven't played eachother yet. . .that's fine but a full round robin like the Pac-10 eliminates that need).

Pac 10 will also NOT get any larger any time soon, as the teams are in "pods" across the west coast. . .two local teams per pod. Wazzu/UW, Oregon/OSU, Arizona, ASU etc. . . THere are no school that fit this mold anymore. There will be no Pac-10 football expansion nor will there ever be a championship game.

The only potential for change in the Pac-10 is potentially adding Gonzaga as a basketball only school. That has been discussed.

22. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Pac 10 aint wortth shit, the reason you play everyone is so there wont be many open dates to schedule real teams. About time that the talent level evened out in the conference because you play everyone in the conference and whittle each other out of the championship picture. And perchance you have a top 5 team come conference title game weekend when you play a conference game the other top ranked teams are playing championship games, you lose ground. Bama vs Gators, texas vs nebraska, cincinn vs pitt......all ranked then go to USC's game...... unranked arizona.... nuff said.

23. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ox....you do realized USC finished 5TH in the Pac 10???? Or are you that outta the loop? Pac 10's 8th place team (UW) went on the road and almost beat the SEC #3 LSU. Ask anybody who watches college football....1-9 in the Pac this year was tougher than any other conference. Big 10, Big East, ACC conferences are a joke.