Week 10: Saints 42, Falcons 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Saints Thrash Falcons to Keep Control of South

Devery Henderson catches a TD against the Falcons

NEW ORLEANS- The New Orleans Saints put on a show for their home fans, and must have put a scare into the rest of the league with a 42-14 demolition of the Atlanta Falcons.​

The Falcons (5-4) came to the Superdome trying to claw their way back into the NFC South race, but left essentially having forfeited the division back to the Saints after only a year on top.​

Atlanta had hopes early, as they used the run game on their opening possession to score first. Michael Turner burned off a 63 yard touchdown run, showing his speed by outracing all the Saints defensive backs en route to the end zone.​

From there on it wasn't pretty for the Falcons.​

New Orleans scored 28 unanswered first half points, including three touchdown passes from Drew Brees. Two of those went to recently reactivated Marcus Colston, who led the team with five receptions in the game.​

With a comfortable three score halftime lead, the Saints would turn to the ground game to try to chew up clock but the Atlanta front seven would stiffen up and force a punt.​

Then the Falcons would again turn to the run game and put together a nice 9 play drive capped off by another Turner touchdown run, this time from two yards out. The score would get Atlanta to within 14 points, but that's as close as they would get.​

New Orleans would go back to the air and Brees would slice through the Atlanta defense and eventually find Jimmy Graham for a seven yard touchdown. Graham is emerging to become one of the best tight ends in football this season, having caught 36 passes and 8 touchdowns. Those numbers league all League tight ends.​

The Saints (10-0) would add another late touchdown to make the final score 42-14, and put an exclamation point on their tenth win of the season.​

New Orleans finally gets a bye week, and then will return home to face the NFC East leading new York Giants.​

GG biggcoug65. Nothing went right for you in this one, and I've never seen Matt Ryan so out of sync. I'm looking forward to our rematch in a couple of weeks my friend.​

2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, it was still fun even with Matt Ryan not playing as well as he could have, he was probably just over-hyped which explains his overthrows... GG to you as well, and I'll see you again towards the end of the season.