Week 10: Seahawks Hand Jets Their First Loss With OT Victory

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LtJustice, Apr 30, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Simply put, this was a hell of a game! This game was like two heavyweights slugging it out in the middle of the ring, with each side landing shots that buckled their opponent's knees, but each side refused to go down. In a game that truly went down to the wire, the final seconds of overtime, it was almost a shame that either side had to lose.

The New York Jets seemed to have some early rust from their week 9 bye, as they were down 14-0 midway through the 1st quarter. The Jets buckled down and fought their way back into the game and a late interception in the endzone in the closing minutes gave them the opportunity to tie things up. The Jets offense engineered and 80 yard drive, with just over a minute on the clock, and scored the game tying touchdown, as the clock hit triple zeroes, to force overtime.

Although it seemed at times as though the Seattle offense was trying their best to lose this game, with a pair of very questionable throws that led to interceptions in the 4th quarter and overtime, the Seattle defense came up with some key turnovers and stops when it truly mattered most. While the Seahawks will take the victory, they certainly have some work to do on both sides of the ball, as the Seattle secondary had multiple late opportunities to make interceptions that could have sewn up the W much sooner as well.

Great game TJ! Hope you like my music choice for the highlights ;).
    klaximilian

• Like Like x 4
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Probably one of the wildest games I've played of any Madden release. Win or lose, I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Wow. Talk about threading the needle at the end of regulation and pulling out a win at the end of OT. Thanks for the highlights Jim! (y)

Nice touch with the music btw... LMFAO!

• Like Like x 2