Week 10, Season 1 - The Cathedral

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Sep 27, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Advanced Schedule:
    -when 11/11 are ready or
    -Thursday, 12:30pm EST

Week Notes
    -Mormon gets whooped by mystery Cathedral member
    -UNLV hosts like 9 recruits and gets absolutely destroyed at home by lowly Colorado State
    -Mormon is leaving town and has ok'd ego to play his game for him

2. vatechhokie01

UNLV Beats Shocks #4 Boise State and Senior Kellen Moore!
    Interview w/ Coach Hale

Yahoo Sports Guy Who Caught Nevin Shaprio Dirty: Coach, what in the world? I mean... what in the world? In the last 2 games you lost to a horrid Wyoming team and then got absolutely shallacked by a not-much-better Colorado State team. Now you beat the #4 team in the country? What gives?

Coach Hale: Good question. Maybe my guys get up for big games. Maybe the gods are laughing at UNLV. Or maybe... probably... we just need to figure this game called football out, speaking of myself first and foremost. I'm not a great coach. And we don't have great players. But we're learning and obviously that win right there felt unbelievable. What a blast! And as we get better as a team and I get better as a coach, we just hope this happens more often. But man did we need that one. Huge win. Absolutely huge win.

Yahoo Sports Guy: Yea, but you guys are like... terrible. How did you beat Boise? I don't think anyone in the nation has seen Kellen Moore play that bad since his freshmen year. What was your strategy?

Coach Hale: Well I think what happened is that on that first play of Boise's, our young DT Allmangwilder may or may not have gotten in their and pressured Kellen and as he was releasing ole Allmangwilder may or may not have slapped Kellen in the balls really hard. The interception happened and from what I hear, the rest of the game, the D-line was just in the zone and having fun as everytime they got close to Kellen they would kind of just give the little fakey-fakey back-of-the-hand slap to the balls and Kellen would sail the ball or what not. Not that I condone or know that this happened for sure. (pause) Man... I used to love the old ball-slap game back in high school. Good times.

Yahoo Sports Guy: Nice. So what next? You are 4-4 with games vs TCU, SDSU, Air Force, and New Mexico. And the whole world has no idea what to expect from your band of misfits. Your thoughts?

Coach Hale: Well clearly we will cream New Mexico. They suck bad. So we need one more win out of the other 3... and I'll go ahead and guarantee two. Service academies piss me off and SDSU has a new coach... a real gay from what I hear. That would get us to 7-5. Yeah... I'll go ahead and guarantee that. And mark my words, if the UNLV freakin Rebels go 7-5 and get to a bowl, the kids here might just burn the city down. Can't wait. Not sure I'll try to get in the middle of all the whores and cocaine and burning blackjack tables, but I'll be smiling as I watch. In fact, I might just drive up to Larramee or Larrabee or wherever the hell Wyoming is and put my nuts on Coach Mormon's chin for a celebration. Yea... I think I'll do that. Can't wait.

Yahoo Sports: Interesting. Well thanks coach. Always interesting. Any closing thoughts?

Coach Hale: Ummm... yea, a little off the subject, but I just wanted to state that people that play World of Warcraft are idiots. That game pisses me off and if you choose to play it, get a life. You are a loser.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent state loses again this time to Bowling Green.

Kent fans are sharing this guy's feelings.

• Like Like x 2
  4. vatechhokie01

What... in the world?

I love your role here Pro. Thank you, lol.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

FAU WINS 5TH STRAIGHT ON LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL
    FAU blew a 14 point lead and allowed Ark St. to come back to tie the game up mid way through the 4th. After injuring Ark. St. quarterback to end the 3rd, it seemed like FAU had it won. Ark St was also without their backup qb, so they turned to their 53 ovr. TE to run the offense and that son of a bitch brought them back to tie up the game. He converted a 4th and 12 to keep a drive going, sitting in the pocket with the poise of Peyton Manning. He was 3-3 for 41 yards.

FAU got the ball back and moved into scoring position. They would hit on a last second field goal, ball game.

FAU has won 5 straight after dropping 3 to open the season. THey are in control in the Sun Belt, but face two tough road games (FIU, Troy) over the next two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Did you get the email that my game score went through? I got the server disconnect error while uploading highlights.

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

Yeah I got the e-mail.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I will be home Thursday afternoon...I miss you guys

• Like Like x 1