Week 10 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 10 - Season 2

HARD ADVANCE FOR MONDAY 10PM (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado (4-5) VS Kansas State (4-4)
    #7 Florida State (7-1) @ #17 NC State (5-3) User Vs. User
    #21 Oklahoma (4-2) @ #20 Texas A&M (6-2) User Vs. User
    #4 Miami (7-1) VS Virginia Tech (4-5)
    #2 Mizzou (8-0) @ #8 Nebraska (6-2) User Vs. User
    #8 Nebraska (6-2) [/COLOR]VS #2 Mizzou (8-0) User Vs. User
    #6 North Carolina (7-1) VS Clemson (3-5)
    #1 Oklahoma State (8-0) @ #12 Texas (7-2)
    #20 Texas A&M (6-2) VS #21 Oklahoma (4-2) User Vs. User
    #17 NC State (5-3) VS #7 Florida State (7-1) User vs. User [/COLOR]

User games wk 9 are....
    #21 Oklahoma (MM Jman) @ #20 A&M (Wader49)

#8 Nebraska (dakota7) VS #2 Mizzou (Wellar21)

#8 Florida State (Swag) @ #17 NC State (PapaPerry)

Another big week!

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

Remember, stay active!

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Perry, not going home and prolly goin out tonight so..

tomorrow would work for me to try and get this thing goin..
    we're usually always on so that shouldnt be an issue

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Alright man. Niece and nephew are staying at my parents tonight so I won't be at my Grandmothers to play anyways. I'll be on pretty much any time in the afternoon tomorrow.

4. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Cowboys ruin Longhorns party, 38-24 final

I could not run at all on these guys, I had to resort through the air to get the job done.
    Once again my young defense played tough and held the Longhorns in several key situations.

The game ball was given to 18 year old defensive end Justin Ramirez who in only his 9th start of the season broke the Season record at Oklahoma State. He now has 17 sacks in the season with potentially 5 games remaining.

"Last season when we were recruiting him we knew he'd contribute from day one, however once he got into summer camp we didn't expect him to be as good as he was. His motor is always running on full throttle. Some guys have a practice speed and a game speed, with Justin you just get one speed.... turbo! thats actually what his nickname has been since he stepped on campus. He is almost averaging 2 sacks a game, and is currently 3rd in the latest heisman rankings. The crazy thing about him is that i'am not even controlling him, usually with these guys that put up crazy sack numbers its because of faulty CPU AI exploits.... this guy is doing it all on his own, he has 7 sacks in the 4 user games i've played and every single time he has gone against a much more experienced Tackle... I can't wait until he starts to understand this game and the damage he is inflicting on opposing offenses "

- Coach Huronia

Key Peformers:

Qb - Cate - 353 - 19/27 - 1 td - 1 int
    QB - Culp - 43 - 5/7 - 1 td - 1 int

RB - Pratt - 2 Tds

WR - Bryant - 176, 7 rec , 1 td, 1 rush TD
    TE - Justice - 118, 8 rec

DE - Ramirez - 8 tackles, 3 tfl , 2 sacks.
    DE - Chinasa - 1 sack

Recruiting Trail

This week recieved yet another commitment, this time from one of our top targets, MLB Robert Castillo (6'1" 205) from Pasco, Washington.

"Robert posses great football instincts and phenomenal football knowledge. With Senior MLB Moala graduating he will complete for the vacant MLB job in Summer Camp. While he doesn't possess ideal physical measureables he brings a tone of intangibles to the table and will surely strengthen the program we are trying to build."

-Coach Huronia

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll write a better sumarry later, but..

we were able to connect (he directly connected to the modem)..

FSU pulled out a 24-16 victory..

Ponder was the player of the game..
    14 of 18 for 189 yards, 1 TD (and 49 yd TD rush)
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16381361# - must see play

The defense put together 3 interceptions.

GREAT game..

6. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Wow that play was unreal nicely done

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm pretty sure we are only waiting on one game...

I know I posted a shitty summary, but it doesn't have to be much..

why no summaries?

8. Papa Perry

Actually I totally forgot to post mine. So here's a short one from what I can remember.

NC State - 16
    Florida State - 24

In what was a must win for NC State playing against the Seminoles for a second straight division crown, INT's and trouble moving the ball through the air contributed to a tough loss for the Wolfpack. Barnes got 92 yards on the ground but couldn't punch any of his big runs into the endzone. Defense stopped the run except for a big scramble by Ponder as the pocket collapsed. The loss pretty much sealed the division chase to give everyone a rematch of probably one of the nastiest rivalries in the history of college football, FSU & Miami. NC State is now hoping their talented recruiting class they have coming in will make this story different next season.

9. Jman

I'll post mine up about Wader and I's game in a bit. BIG lead at the half let me coast. 2-2 user games (still know I should've won the OkSt game dammit) isn't bad for me at all.

10. Papa Perry

I'd like a piece of Boomer Sooner after my contract with Colorado is up...

11. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

K we are ready to advance, dakota and I just had an intense game ill post summary and highlights when i get home from work

12. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouri Hangs on to Remain Undefeated

Missouri has yet to be tested this year winning every game by more than 2 scores until now. Nebraska did a great job of shutting down Missoruis playmaker Derrick Washington. He was held to only 115 yards and 1 TD even thought he had 4 broken tackles.

With just 20 seconds left in the half Nebraska pounded the ball in with 1 yard run for the TD giving them the 14-10 lead. Blaine Gabbert has yet to go into the half trailing but with a great return and two quick passes Ressell made a 55 yard field goal to get within 1 point going into half.

After exchanging 2 field goals for Nebraska and a TD for Mizzou the game was tied at 20 with 5 minutes left. Missouri tried to kill the clock driving 75 yards down the field. With an oppourtunity to put the game away by successfully completing a 3rd and 5 Washington was stuffed in the backfield resulting in a Mizzou FG with 1:18 on the clock and no timeouts.

The final minute could not have been any more exciting. CB Munir Prince dropped a pick which could of ended the game. Nebraska capitalized on the missed oppourtunity getting all the way down to Mizzous 25 yard line with time to throw to the endzone. With a WR open Latravis Washington had the completion and what Mizzou thought was the game but at the very last second Mizzouis FS knocked the ball loose.

With only 7 seconds left Nebraska was forced to kick the 35 yard FG. The ending cannot be described in words. Watch the video below

Highlights:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTypBgbwgpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTypBgbwgpo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    NEB 0 14 3 3 20
    MIZ 10 3 7 3 23

Team Stats
    NEB MIZ
    Score 20 23
    First Downs 16 12
    Total Offence 324 285
    Rushing Yards 123 129
    Passing Yards 201 156
    Turnovers 0 0
    Fumbles 0 0
    Intercepted 0 0

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Good game wellar. I guess we're gonna take our 94 ovr kicker and work on chip shot field goals this week.

14. Jman

Will be advancing shortly gents.

15. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

wow that ending is insane.