Week 10 Season 2

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 1, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Tuesday @1PM EST
    =============== #16 Washington Huskies (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 34-3 against Utah (4-3).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Trevor Haley has committed to Washington
    - (***) CB Cedric Willis has committed to Washington
    - (****) RE Charles Anderson has committed to Washington
    =============== #1 UCLA Bruins (8-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 38-21 against Arizona (4-4).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Jason Dodds has committed to UCLA
    =============== Cal Golden Bears (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Cal lost 21-14 against Arizona State (6-1).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #1 UCLA (8-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Curtis Tidwell has committed to Cal
    - (****) HB Shaun Young has committed to Cal
    - (****) QB Seth Fritz has committed to Cal
    - (****) RE Marquis Stewart has committed to Cal
    =============== #15 Oregon State Beavers (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 45-30 against Stanford (5-3).
    This week, the Beavers will host #11 Arizona State (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Blake Washington has committed to Oregon State
    - (***) CB Cedric Willis has committed to Washington
    - (***) ROLB Chris Lane has committed to TCU
    =============== Utah Utes (4-3) ===============
    Last week, Utah lost 34-3 against Washington (6-1).
    This week, the Utes will host Arizona (4-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Josh Daniels has committed to Utah
    =============== #11 Arizona State Sun Devils (6-1) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State won 21-14 against Cal (4-3).
    This week, the Sun Devils travel to Corvallis to face the #15 Oregon State Beavers (6-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Kenneth Keller has committed to SMU
    - (***) TE Michael Jones has committed to Arizona State
    - (***) MLB Tim Walker has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) QB Seth Fritz has committed to Cal
    - (****) RE Marquis Stewart has committed to Cal
    - (****) RE Marcus Roberts has committed to Arizona State
    - (****) CB George Schneider has committed to Arizona State
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (4-4) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 38-21 against UCLA (8-0).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Salt Lake City to face the Utah Utes (4-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT John Robinson has committed to Arizona
    =============== Washington State Cougars (4-3) ===============
    Last week the Cougars were idle.
    This week, the Cougars will host Oregon (5-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Andy Brown has committed to Hawai'i

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Washington State 27
    vs
    Oregon 24

The Cougars took their first step towards moving towards the upper half of the league as Marquiss Wilson led the team to a big time win. The junior receiver had 131 yards on 8 catches and a TD. Wilson's touchdown catch was a thing of beauty as he beat the Oregon defender for a jump ball in the endzone from about 8 yards out. Wilson also scored on an end around play on the goalline, as well as returned a kickoff for a touchdown. Conference player of the year maybe? One things for sure, the offense goes through Wilson. Carl Winston had a good day on the ground going for 104 yards on 21 attempts as well. Junior signal caller Marcus Harrison went 15-27 for 192 yards with a TD and an INT.

Defensively, Washington State had held Oregon to 3 points until the fourth quarter. At the beginning of the final frame though, Kenjon Barner ripped off a 50 yard touchdown run that opened scoring up for both sides. Washington State however would get their hands on the ball last, and thanks to some solid running and blocking would drive the field. Wilson would catch the final pass that would set up the game winning field goal attempt, and Andrew Furney banged home the game winner.

This is the first win for Coach Kasper since signing onto Washington State.

3. IrishBearcat

CALIFORNIA: 24
    #1 UCLA: 34

RB Isi Sofele took the handoff right up the gut for a touchdown on the first play of the game. Cal forced a 3 and out on their opponents first drive. We added another field goal to go up 10-0.

The second quarter the Bruins added a field goal. Cal put a wonderful drive together to go up 17-3 with 11 seconds left in the half. We squibbed it and UCLA almost took it to the house. They proceeded to run right up the middle for a touchdown on a 40 yard gain. Smdh! Cal led 17-10 at half.

UCLA tied it up on their first drive beating the man coverage over the top for a touchdown. Cal fumbled on their next drive in the red-zone. UCLA called a fake punt which lead to their first lead of the game. We lined up prepared for the fake, but didn't execute. Cal trailed 17-24. Just before the end of the third quarter Cal hit a touchdown right up the seam to tie it up. #1 UCLA was tied 24-24 heading into the fourth.

We once again got inside the red-zone with under 4 minutes left. We had a big run that got us inside the 10 yard line but holding was called. Backup QB Boehm fumbled for the 2nd time on the next play. UCLA scored with 2:00 left. We tried to drive but got picked off. They ended up nailing a 59 yard field goal at the end. 34-24 Bruins hold on to their #1 spot.

Very frustrating. The TD before halftime and the turnovers and penalties inside the red-zone were killer! Really feel like we outplayed Cougars, but when it counted my players made horrible mistakes or didn't execute. Tough loss. GG -Cougars-

• Like Like x 1
  4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well as the California coach stated yea we got freaking dominated up and down the field today. It was ridiculous none of my players wanted to tackle Isi Sofele. This man was able to break multiple tackles left and right and stiff arm defenders to the ground. Duke was on the sideline cussing out his defenders as soon as they crossed the boundary. Even though Duke has told his players to wrap up they still missed tackles. It was crazy. Brehaut had many receivers open on the day but due to his powerful arm he overthrew them which made Duke upset again. The Bruins take on WSU next week. WSU has some talent as they just upset Oregon. Will they be the ones to knock UCLA off their high horse?

• Like Like x 1
  5. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Oregon State killed me. gg MNoffke You are a tough, sim player and I enjoyed our game.

6. IrishBearcat

Kasper - I don't think your game result saved. You can sim it and I can throw out your result until you win to give you a simulation win. Lemme know.

Oshiomogho and BakerWildcat7 are the last game minus fuzzyl0gic and his CPU game. Looks like we could advance quickly again.

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

Good game to you as well. I didn't even have my starting RB for the game either.

OSU 34 - ASU 14

RB Jackson was out this game dealing with an injury but should be back week 11 against CAL. OSU went to RB Agnew and he definitely showed up this game. Agnew rushed for 165 yards and a score. He also had a 96 yard kickoff return for a score. QB Katz went 8-14 for 200 yards (80 of those yards came on a long pass to Wheaton for a score).

OSU tried to shutdown ASU WR J. Holliday. Holliday finished with 6 receptions for 116 yards and two scores. The defense showed up when it had to by limiting ASU on third down conversions and breaking up passes.

OSU has a huge match-up next week against CAL. A victory against CAL and OSU will clinch the Pac 12 North division.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know damn well I will never win a sim with them..

9. IrishBearcat

You can play a few drives and supersim just so you get the win. It's really up to you man, I don't mind throwing out the results until you win or letting you play them. Lemme know!

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'll fuck around supersimming and playing-- possibly needing to restart a couple times.. i'll get it taken care of.

11. IrishBearcat

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Looks like baker is on AP

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Let's go, my super bowl is next week.

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

we're playing after the rose bowl. sorry, forgot to post about it

15. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Kicking off in 30 minutes. sorry for the holdup guys. I'll broadcast it for those interested and we can advance tonight hopefully
    Tough loss in the Rose Bowl

16. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Well I definitely need to learn how to get better. Sloppy game. No offensive tds for me and still had my chances to win.

17. IrishBearcat

Advancing now!

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

get a thingy up so i know who i play